Pseudo Legendaries vs legendaries

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

am i the only person that is more impressed with seeing pseudo legendaries vs legendaries. its not about the cost and rather about the rarity of some weapons.

seeing someone with the crossing is cooler than someone with bifrost imo. or the scythe

volcanus mjolnir foefire azureflames spectral weapons all of these are cool imo. not saying that legendaries arent cool. i just like seeing the use of pseudos more

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

If someone had an entire Legendary armor set and weapon, that would be cool.

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Seeing Immobulus is x100 more fascinating than seeing Meteorologicus imo.

I do have Bifrost and Bolt, but Immobulus is just so cool lol

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

I love that The Crossing casts its own light source.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

As GW2 focus their graphics and style on being artistic, weapons and armor become more beautiful/cool when they are simple. Some of the legendaries are just too much and they don’t really fit the artistic style that GW2 is.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

I love that The Crossing casts its own light source.

kittening this.
It’s the small neat and tidy animations that make the game beautiful.
Not the fugly bow that shoots unicorns or a gun that would be better suited at a kid’s party.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s always amazing to see…. a dull axe!

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Haha, thats why i like Frostfang the most. Its cool but not completely over the top with ridiculous auras and sound effects and all that attentionseeking garbage.
I would be really kittened if they ever changed that to make it “more legendary”

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Can’t we like the pseudo ones and the legendaries? No need to give more meaning to one or the other. I own Twilight but I also own almost all the GS in the game. I like Quip but I also love Ilya and Lyss and the lovestruck and aetherblade pistols, etc.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

What exactly are pseudo legendary’s in the game? A fake legendary?

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

What exactly are pseudo legendary’s in the game? A fake legendary?

Really, really expensive exotics with cool particle effects and their own names. Some of these cost as much as precursors.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I really like the mystic forged pistols over Quip. I don’t find anything about a bubble gun to be that “legendary” of a pistol. As for staves, the only staff I seem to really like is Kasmeer’s staff and I think it looks nicer than the rainbow brite staff that is the Bifrost, but that would be considered a TP item, and not a pseudo-legendary.

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

am i the only person that is more impressed with seeing pseudo legendaries vs legendaries. its not about the cost and rather about the rarity of some weapons.

seeing someone with the crossing is cooler than someone with bifrost imo. or the scythe

volcanus mjolnir foefire azureflames spectral weapons all of these are cool imo. not saying that legendaries arent cool. i just like seeing the use of pseudos more

I’ve never been particularly interested in most of the Legendary weapons. Some of the greatswords are cool but mostly just for their effects. I’ve never tried for a legendary weapon as a goal, but I’ve made The Crossing a goal and achieved it.

I do agree with you though – the Scythe and the Grinning Shield in particular seem extremely rare, far more so than a legendary.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Kibazuka.1390

Krytan Greatsword is more rare than Twilight

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

Eye Of Rodgort is 1000x better than Meteorologicus. In fact I was wondering if you can transmute an exotic skin over a legendary so i can have stat switching on my wand. I could see legendaries not allowing it though. Otherwise i’ll just transmute it over an ascended but if possible i’d have no issues justifying the cost of a legendary just for that.

Kibazuka.1390

Eye Of Rodgort is 1000x better than Meteorologicus. In fact I was wondering if you can transmute an exotic skin over a legendary so i can have stat switching on my wand. I could see legendaries not allowing it though. Otherwise i’ll just transmute it over an ascended but if possible i’d have no issues justifying the cost of a legendary just for that.

Yes you can transmute good looking Skins over Legendaries and still switch the stats.
The name even stays purple, its the best thing to do ever.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Horizontal progression is superior progression; looks and feels better!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

The only reason why you “like” them is because they are scarce. Same reason Legendaries were the big thing back in the days.

Soon, after everyone and their family members have their own “pseudo legendaries” (as you wrongly call them) you will consider them as meh as you consider legendaries.

Sadly, thats how human mind works; appreciate things not for what they are worth, but for how special they make you feel.

EDIT: With that being said, Genesis > Juggernaut….by far

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• Legendaries are Ascended, pseudo legendaries are exotic.
  • Legendaries have OOC stat switching.

Legendaries are no longer just about the skin.

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

The only reason why you “like” them is because they are scarce. Same reason Legendaries were the big thing back in the days.

Soon, after everyone and their family members have their own “pseudo legendaries” (as you wrongly call them) you will consider them as meh as you consider legendaries.

Sadly, thats how human mind works; appreciate things not for what they are worth, but for how special they make you feel.

Nah, Most of these pseudo legendaries are common as hell. Its because most legendaries only fit one or two class types aside from swords. There are no casting legendaries for the necro. Bifrost and Meteorlogicus look ridiculous for a necromancer. The crossing and Eye of Rodgort though make perfect sense on a Necromancer which is why i use Eye of Rodgort event though its exceedingly more common than any legendary.

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

• Legendaries are Ascended, pseudo legendaries are exotic.
  • Legendaries have OOC stat switching.

Legendaries are no longer just about the skin.

Realistically its much cheaper to just craft the 2-3 stat types that anyone will ever use of ascended weapons and just skin over them with nice looking skins.

Ascended anomaly>>>minstrel

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

my favorite pseudo-legendary

Attachments:

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I adore immobulus and can’t think of any reason to go for the legendary myself.

I think with its current cost, it is on par (in terms of gold) with some of the cheaper legendaries, too.

I have anomaly too, but it’s so cheap and common I can’t really consider it a pseudo legendary, however I think it looks better than any other focus, but that’s just me.

My bifrost is not the weapon I choose to show off in LA, though, it is always my wand and my focus.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Kibazuka.1390

my favorite pseudo-legendary

ahahaha, yes. One of the best scarfers there is. Got nerfed to hell though, cant possibly play that without U-Turn or FT anymore. Right when XY released i wanted to build around Mega-Pinsir
because it looks so epic. Decided Starmie, Gengar, Trike, Sciz, Mamo, Pinsir would be the strongest for that purpose and startet building but lost interest halfway through and only finished the first 3 :/ But Trike is enough to win most battles against randoms.
But i still like Metagross the most because he slapped so many kittens for me at vgc12.

/offtopicmuch

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

((hugs my Infinite Light))

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

((hugs my Infinite Light))

Yep, so much this. Although that one gap midway up the blade where the runes don’t connect has started to bother me a bit. Really feel no need for a legendary outside of wanting OOC stat changes. Still prefer most of the Krytan line of weapons over any legendary.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Consider the following:

All legendaries come from a toilet. Yet you ask yourself why they don’t feel special, despite the game repeatedly telling you that you’re special.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Super Adventure Box Pee Shortbow (from W2 Tribulation) > The Dreamer.

~for example.

I also love my Ilex more than Bolt.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Fende.1950

Fende.1950

Bonetti’s Rapier and the new Lovestruck Sword skin are by far my two favorite weapon skins in the game. Most of the legendaries are just awful no matter what character they’re on. The only ones that don’t make me cringe anytime i see them are Flameseeker Prophecies and Incinerator.

Posted by: DarkAsh.4967

DarkAsh.4967

they need more skins in this game.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

… My Ele is in T3 and Blacklight dye too, why did you have to show me how perfect Immobulus is?

Regarding Legendary, people want them “because” they are Legendary. A lot of newer people won’t know what Infinite Light is, Mjolnir is, Immobulus is, Foefires Essence is, or the price tag that comes with them. But you bet your kitten they know that Twilight comes with a 1.8k price tag, or Juggernaut with a 2k price tag.

People just want to show off in an environment where nobody other than themselves/their friends care, but pretend other’s actually do give a kitten .

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Lilith Ajit.6173

… My Ele is in T3 and Blacklight dye too, why did you have to show me how perfect Immobulus is?

Hehe because there are 0 on the TP and giant eyes are currently obscenely priced xD.

Also, mine is in recall and pyre, I got recall from a dye pack, thought it fit nicely!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Flissy.4093

Hehe because there are 0 on the TP and giant eyes are currently obscenely priced xD.

Also, mine is in recall and pyre, I got recall from a dye pack, thought it fit nicely!

Oh, it looks very similar to Blacklight (at least in the screenshot, I believe I didn’t like recall ingame and that’s why I didn’t use it ^^)

Light Up the Darkness

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh, it looks very similar to Blacklight (at least in the screenshot, I believe I didn’t like recall ingame and that’s why I didn’t use it ^^)

I really liked the texture recall had on my ear flaps, but I do remember liking blacklight on the goggle bits better. It was sort of a toss up.

[ARES]

Flissy.4093

I really liked the texture recall had on my ear flaps, but I do remember liking blacklight on the goggle bits better. It was sort of a toss up.

But the 60g difference meant Recall was the winner?

Light Up the Darkness

Lilith Ajit.6173

But the 60g difference meant Recall was the winner?

Probably, like I said, I got the recall in a dye pack so though it wasn’t free per se, it was free-er.

Hehe.

Though for sure I change from recall to mulberry on an almost hourly basis.

[ARES]

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

all i want to say is greatsaw greatsword

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

all i want to say is greatsaw greatsword

Please don’t. Those things are so annoyingly loud. and especially don’t ever dual wield the one-handed ones. Someone did that in one of my dungeon groups before and everyone wanted to murder him cuz of the noise. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Needs more weapon skins and weapons too :P

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I agree, I worked so (farmed deadeye) to get the crossing for my necro so hard. I love it more than any legendary, I also worked hard for my garchomp

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

It’s tragic that the Black Lion skins are so expensive. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen a ‘Scelerite’ shield in the game blinking at me, much less a focus or a pistol.

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

More impressed by people with style than I am by people who buy the most expensive gear in the game and proceed to use abyss/celestial dye on their armor.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I’m about to go for either Immobulus on my mesmer or Infinite Light for my thief.

Hell, the double green SAB daggers on my thief feel more exclusive than the Incinerator on my ele. Everyone and their charr has a legendary now-a-days yet people still complain about them being too hard to get.

More impressed by people with style than I am by people who buy the most expensive gear in the game and proceed to use abyss/celestial dye on their armor.

Yeah black and white is so lame an unoriginal.

I use white and orange. :P

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I find the Dreamthistle GS to be way more awesome than any of the Legendary GSs. Especially on my Sylvari Guardian. Matches with his plant clothes and blade matches Aegis shield, and the blade fades to invisible when sheathed, which eliminates all clipping with my Sclerite back piece.

I’d include a photo if I wasn’t currently at work. It single-handedly halted my Legendary progress because now I don’t even want Twilight anymore except for stat switching. And all I need is Dusk to make it. Luckily I can transmute.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

When I started playing a Sylvari ranger in August 2012 I first thought I’ll go for Kudzu. Then I’ve seen a Tengu in Caledon with a beautiful bow. I now wanted this bow even more than Kudzu and hoped that it would also be available for players. But the game just started and I was around level 10-15. So there was so much to do and to discover that I forgot about the bow for a long time.

One day I was looking through the mystic forge recipes on the wiki.
There it was! My long forgotten bow: Wings of Dwayna!
It took me some weeks to get it, as I didn’t have enough gold (at this time there were 2 Wings of Dwayna in the TP for over 450 gold). But finally I held it in my hands …um…leaves.

Until now I’ve only seen 5 people with this bow. I’ve seen much more people with Kudzu. So Wings of Dwayna seems to be more unique than the legendary Kudzu.

PS: It’s great that longbow rangers are so cool nowadays (or did I get the wrong memo?).

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I can’t help myself. Legendary or not, I love all of my shinies <3

I haven’t decided for the next Legendary yet because things are pretty much set for me, except for a new dagger of the Mist that I hope Anet will implement.

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids