Punish the exploiters- (re- censored post)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tribune.3782

Tribune.3782

Original title: Punishment for the Snowflake Jewelry-Exploiters

“I made about 500g doing this since Saturday. But it is tedious and boring”
(cf. links for citation)

A lot of people think that there are some [<—EDITED] exploiters who weren’t punished for their misdoings. [<—EDITED] I’m for severe punishments.

Yes, we heard from those who were panalized for exploiting the “21-karma”- bug. But that’s all. After that there weren’t any publicly known redemptions for the community (e.g. “64+ rare to precursor forging”-exploit) as far as I know.

Of course, some exploits are results from misplannings on Arenanet’s side but those happen every so often. One can’t say that it’s completly their fault. It’s quite obvious that exploits like the ones I mentioned aren’t intended. Those exploiters were repeatedly performing certain steps to gain huge profit margins. They knew what they were doing. Ignorance is no excuse in law.

Although the recipes have been disabled, the money of those rich exploiters isn’t out of the market… They have propably generated ten thousands – if not houndred thousands – of gold (by selling the ectos) out of nowhere. More money in the world means that the “normal“ players have to play more than ever to get what they want. You almost have to exploit in gw2 – perhaps [<-EDITED] too many people got rich by exploits without any punishments since the release…

It’s time to lay down a warning to others. It has to stop.

What do you think? Do you want punishments for those cheaters?

Have you ever wondered why (e.g.) mithril rised dramatically in demand (+~33% !!!) and price since the 14th.? It wasn’t just because there were again more active players. This exploit was far more widespread than we might think. Let’s check the required materials for their demand since the patch that introduced the mentioned exploit:

Both materials were rising continually since the wintersday patch. They’re now crashing since the items that were salvaged for profits were disabled.

Thank you guys for all your previous replies. I could only read them partly on the mobile phone on my way to work. I’m sorry for the fact that your answers have been deleted, too.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I agree that exploiters should be punished. I personally think this was an exploit. Not working as intended.

But I don’t think anything will come of this. I thought looting multiple Karka chests from a ‘one-time’ event would be considered exploiting, but I was wrong on that one too.

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi,

We appreciate your concerns about that kind of issues, and we will forward it to the appropriate teams.

However, it is not up to the community to decide what is considered as an exploit and/or worth a suspension/punishment.

To report exploits, please directly send an email to exploits@arena.net

Please, refrain from contesting moderator actions, this is expressly forbidden by our Code of Conduct, continued behavior of this sort is grounds for forum account termination.

Thanks for your understanding