Put Endless Gathering Tools Into Wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

I love endless gathering tools but what would make them even better than they are now is being able to add them to the wardrobe. That way we can see what they look like when we use them instead of looking it up on youtube. Also, we’d be able to just click a button on what look you want if you have multiple types instead of having to shuffle them between characters or remember to put them back in the shared inventory slot before using another character. I think it would also make it more worth the 1,000 gems if it was in the wardrobe. Another thing is that if you’re someone who bought the Watchwork Mining Pick the one that gives you a chance at getting sprockets whenever you mine then you would have it unlocked since it’s in the wardrobe so it wouldn’t matter if you’re using a different look. I just think it would be great.

Posted by: Fuzzylumpkins.1694

Fuzzylumpkins.1694

I like the idea of being able to click a button and BAM that character has a endless gathering tool. It totally would make it more worth the 1,000 gems if you could put them into the wardrobe.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think the op suggestion is to put the function in the wardrobe, Fuzzy. I think it’s to let the character with an unlimited tool equip select the skin of that tool on the fly from those skins they’ve purchased.

I wonder if there would be problems with the different gathering rates between the tools? As in game blocking bugs thanks to the base item being super fast Consortium Sickle but the chosen look is the flute?

Rozalina.3196

Okay think of it this way so people who bought an endless gathering tool means they got a special look and the ability of it never running out. So, adding them to wardrobe makes it so people who bought multiple looks or have just one can click a button and be able to use their tool on any of their characters. That way they don’t have to worry about where they last left their tool or remember to put it back in there shared inventory slot. It’s like having a shell and when you click a look your shell is painted that color. If you got a special gathering tool like the Watchwork one that means the shell will have the same ability where you get a chance of sprockets whenever you mine even if you are using a different look.

Posted by: TeeracK.3601

TeeracK.3601

Great idea.

them adding the account bound bag slots was them realizing that items like the salv-o-matic and the air ship pass sell way better when you can also buy an account bound slot. I think it be great if the tool slots were account bound as well. Either as a free or gem store thing I want it.

(edited by TeeracK.3601)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If they sold them as skins rather than actual items, they might sell more. Add account bound harvesting tool slots and it’s a more flexible system.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If they sold them as skins rather than actual items, they might sell more. Add account bound harvesting tool slots and it’s a more flexible system.

Yes, I think it might sell more as a ‘skin’ that could be applied for free to e.g. ori tools. I already have too many full sets of tools, so there’s zero chance I’m spending 1,000 gems on another set (no matter how pretty). However, I might spend 300 gems for the right skin.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

If they sold them as skins rather than actual items, they might sell more.

I completely agree on this. I’d have bought the Cosmic tool if that was the case but I refuse to swap from my Watchwork pick as it gives me sprockets.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

I would have liked if it did what the description said.

‘’Replace your gathering tool on all characters’’, like, you buy it, and your miner slot is permanently filled with a perma tool on all characters, with the variations being skins, shared inventory slot already killed multiple purchases of them, so they may as well.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

If they sold them as skins rather than actual items, they might sell more.

I completely agree on this. I’d have bought the Cosmic tool if that was the case but I refuse to swap from my Watchwork pick as it gives me sprockets.

yeah they totally boxed themselves into a bad situation with that one because i found myself in the same position, wanting the cosmic tool but not wanting to part with getting a little extra for my troubles (sprockets)

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Rozalina.3196

It would definitely make it even better that is for sure to bring endless gathering tools into the wardrobe system.