PvE Map Ques?

PvE Map Ques?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rhonda berenne.8573

rhonda berenne.8573

For most big events people end up spam joining a friend in order to get into the more organized map.

Maybe we should incorporate PvE Map Que to avoid all that?

PvE Map Ques?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The problem is, how do non-meta players doing story and exploration get in w/o queueing?

If it’s a case of only organised maps having a queue, how does the system decide which maps should have a queue and which don’t?

I’m not against the idea at all, I’m just curious how to prevent a myriad of other problems cropping up.

PvE Map Ques?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The problem is, how do non-meta players doing story and exploration get in w/o queueing?

If it’s a case of only organised maps having a queue, how does the system decide which maps should have a queue and which don’t?

I’m not against the idea at all, I’m just curious how to prevent a myriad of other problems cropping up.

I think OP is saying: if you are trying to join a friend’s existing instance, then you should only have to “join in _” just the one time, not repeatedly

The system doesn’t have to decide anything; it only needs to make a queue for people in a party or squad in a different instance of an existing map that is full.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

PvE Map Ques?

Posted by: rhonda berenne.8573

rhonda berenne.8573

I think OP is saying: if you are trying to join a friend’s existing instance, then you should only have to “join in _” just the one time, not repeatedly

The system doesn’t have to decide anything; it only needs to make a queue for people in a party or squad in a different instance of an existing map that is full.

Exactly! Ty for clarifying what I was trying to say

PvE Map Ques?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The problem is, that full map that is doing the meta has enough people to do the meta in about 4-5 different maps, if they actually tried. The ability to queue will only further support that problem, where people would rather sit in queue than try to get things started. Regardless, queuing will likely never happen simply because the system is meant to be automated and taxiing was never intended, which actually ends up breaking things when people flood in and out. If they’re going to fix it, they need to rethink the design of larger (boss) events. Put them in their own areas where everyone essentially queues in and is only there to do the event. This way, they can also balance for exact numbers, such as a maximum of 20, rather than the 20-80+ they’re currently doing in the open world.

PvE Map Ques?

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

The biggest problem I see is Dragon’s Stand and it’s meta event. I stopped trying to do my dailies when that map is the event map. I’ll get on the map well in advance but when it resets and kicks everyone I keep getting punted to a dead map without many people on it.

I wish with big meta events like the one on Dragon’s Stand and Auric Basin I wish they would give the players the choice of which direction they want to commit to then shunt them off to an instance for that direction.

All instances would contribute to finishing the event and get reward. If one has to many players they could offer a reward beyond the standard one to go to a map attacking the other direction. The players should have a view of how many people are on each. They could also place a kiosk where the players could choose to jump to the other map to help out.

In the case of Auric Basin it would be like this:

Instance 1 – North
Instance 2 – West
Instance 3 – East
Instance 4 – South

Dragon’s Stand would have 3. They would have to rework the final part of the meta to allow it to be completed across all 3 instances to finish the event.

PvE Map Ques?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The problem is, that full map that is doing the meta has enough people to do the meta in about 4-5 different maps, if they actually tried. The ability to queue will only further support that problem, where people would rather sit in queue than try to get things started. Regardless, queuing will likely never happen simply because the system is meant to be automated and taxiing was never intended, which actually ends up breaking things when people flood in and out. If they’re going to fix it, they need to rethink the design of larger (boss) events. Put them in their own areas where everyone essentially queues in and is only there to do the event. This way, they can also balance for exact numbers, such as a maximum of 20, rather than the 20-80+ they’re currently doing in the open world.

Of course they need to rethink the mechanics, since there are a number of issues that have come up.

That doesn’t change that in the meantime, people already queue for particular instances — we’re just forced to manually queue, so it’s “the one who spams the most gets in first”. That’s both painful and potentially unfair (I might have tried first, but I might be last to get in because I don’t want to keep right-clicking to try to get in).

The OP’s suggestion isn’t trying to “fix” anything other than make that queuing automatic, rather than manual.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”