PvE Practice Dummies

PvE Practice Dummies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Antares.9826

Antares.9826

So i’m sure we’ve all at some point wanted to test how a new build feels what rotations to use and so on but swiftly come to the point when you realize on what? yes i’m aware there are golems in the mists but skills and buffs and stat’s are different, would it be too much to ask to get the same type of indestructible practice golem in perhaps your home instance, where you can have your food and utiliy buffs and you can find out really what you can do to a traget

(edited by Antares.9826)

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I just pug a random dungeon.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

iirc, there are training dummies in the camp in Silverwastes.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

iirc, there are training dummies in the camp in Silverwastes.

Which function as destroyable objects and cant suffer from conditions the way the dummies in the heart of the mists can.

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You could always use Subject Alpha as a test dummy by jumping over the gate to get to him. If you’re really desperate.

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

PvE Practice Dummies

Antares.9826

yea the idea was to get a target witch takes conditions and can be crit like the mentioned practice golem in the mists and not the hay slap sticks, the technology excists we just need to find a good way to apply it

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

yea the idea was to get a target witch takes conditions and can be crit like the mentioned practice golem in the mists and not the hay slap sticks, the technology excists we just need to find a good way to apply it

IIRC, you can use nourishments BEFORE you enter HotM, and still have their effects. Additionally, skills and traits are MARGINALLY different there as well. At worst, your build would be a bit LESS effective in HotM than Open World.

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

Yeah a lvl 80 PvE dummy (both destructible and indesructible) that can be critted and damaged by conditions would be great. Hopefully Anet implements it with the HoT release

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I find solo-ing a champ is the best way to test your build in PvE. They fight back you see, so you can test your Dodge/Defence/Boons/Vitality etc as well.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

PvE Practice Dummies

Antares.9826

IIRC, you can use nourishments BEFORE you enter HotM, and still have their effects. Additionally, skills and traits are MARGINALLY different there as well. At worst, your build would be a bit LESS effective in HotM than Open World.

that’s a valid point however that is only good if you use a full set of the same stats but as soon as you start mixing gear (witch does happen) it’s gona make a difference

PvE Practice Dummies

Antares.9826

I find solo-ing a champ is the best way to test your build in PvE. They fight back you see, so you can test your Dodge/Defence/Boons/Vitality etc as well.

i do that sometimes but my biggest issues with it is mostly because of random people walking by and starting to attack it, i ofc try and ask nicely for them to stop but not everyone understands/care to stop and then there’s also the respawn time of champs
yes it’s an option but it’s quite inconvinient if you want to try multiple setups

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: Lazy Mesmer.7923

Lazy Mesmer.7923

With raids incoming, it would be great to get some proper dummies implemented in PvE Lands, so we can test raid setups on something indestructible without going into the Mists.

Klaev
[PRXM] Praxium

PvE Practice Dummies

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Just put in a Guild Hall upgrade for Target Golems, that would be really nice.