PvE Skin locker

PvE Skin locker

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This has been suggested before and I’m doubtful on it’s implementation, however want to bring it up again since the “suggestion” forum is no longer active.

I want to change the look of my PvE toon, but have some nice armor on him already (actually this applies to multiple toons really). Unfortunately carrying around a full set of armor or two per toon takes up too much bank space. Why can’t I file this in a locker and retrieve as necessary.

Now ideally I’d like to simply be able to collect skins (much like the achievement skins). Meaning destroy the armor or weapon to salvage it’s skin and save that in a locker. Then be able to retrieve such skin at a later time to apply to an item. This would be a huge QoL improvement for me and others like me. It would also create a “gotta collect them all” mentality in many of us so that we would start buying or hunting weapons/armor to complete the locker set.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

This has been suggested before and I’m doubtful on it’s implementation, however want to bring it up again since the “suggestion” forum is no longer active.

I want to change the look of my PvE toon, but have some nice armor on him already (actually this applies to multiple toons really). Unfortunately carrying around a full set of armor or two per toon takes up too much bank space. Why can’t I file this in a locker and retrieve as necessary.

Now ideally I’d like to simply be able to collect skins (much like the achievement skins). Meaning destroy the armor or weapon to salvage it’s skin and save that in a locker. Then be able to retrieve such skin at a later time to apply to an item. This would be a huge QoL improvement for me and others like me. It would also create a “gotta collect them all” mentality in many of us so that we would start buying or hunting weapons/armor to complete the locker set.

I posted something similar in the Black Lion forum.https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Suggestion-Black-Lion-Armor-Merchant/first#post3603637

My idea was having a Black Lion Armor merchant. Once you bought skins from the gemstore, you would unlock them and could purchase them from the Black Lion Armor merchant for a price. (similar to the Hall of Monuments rewards vendor. Except you would pay a certain fee for the armor instead of it being free.) Once purchased, you can then apply them to armor just like you can when you buy them from the Gemstore now.

Valar Morghulis

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Colin has stated a skin locker is something they would like to do. That it’s on their to do list (Pax last year)

It was brought up in the recent CDIs and acknowledged by Chris, and listed as an item in his discussion proposal to the devs.

I’d say they have heard on this topic. We just haven’t heard anything back beyond ‘yes we want to do this.’ Doesn’t mean they aren’t working on something though. You know how they are, they don’t say anything until is relatively close to a stage where they can show us something.

The LFG tool is a good example. We called for one repeatedly, they confirmed that they’d heard us, but we didn’t get any type of confirmation until it was pretty much ready to be beta tested.

Yes, I agree this would be a wonderful QoL improvement. One that I really would have liked to have seen a while before now, but they had other priorities. Now, whether you agree or disagree with their priorities are neither here or there for this discussion, we simply have to accept that they have things that they decided came first. That said, considering some of the changes that are coming to pvp, I don’t think we’ll see a skin locker until after the merger happens.

Yeah I know, being patient sucks, but that’s about all we can really do at this point.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Yeh a pvp skin locker would be cool but wheres the gem profit with bank / bag slots then?
It would decrease so i think this will never be implemented… unfortunately

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Yeh a pvp skin locker would be cool but wheres the gem profit with bank / bag slots then?

If they implement a Skin Locker, it won’t be free. I’d imagine they’d charge 400 gems or so for say…. 8-10 Skin spaces. That way it wouldn’t hurt sales much at all.

Valar Morghulis

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

There was talk that hinted towards the ability to bring skins from one game mode (SPVP/PVE) into the other. The recent changes towards phasing out glory from SPVP was a first step towards this supposedly.

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

There is still the transmutation consumables.

PvE Skin locker

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

http://sigeel.deviantart.com/art/optimized-gear-430178303
this is how it should be, replacing a skin is on of the worst idea since the existence of soul bound.