PvE bunker builds

PvE bunker builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Since it’s implied that there will be a need for bunker roles in the upcoming raids, I’d like to prepare now before prices of materials start to soar. Which bunker gear is ideal? Nomad’s gear is a given, but I’ve been using Settler’s gear in the past raid beta. Any opinion/experience on that?

Anvil Rockers Unite!

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

What is a bunker build, and how does it work? I haven’t played MMOs long enough to figure out that term. (I just know stuff like “Mitigation Healer” or “Mitigation Tank” and “Full Support Healer,” “Burst DPS,” “DPS,” “Damage Dealer” (Old “Burst DPS” Name I heard a lot of people use.)

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: martaug.1762

martaug.1762

A bunker build is what a lot of games call a “tank”.
Lots of vitality, toughness & damage reduction/mitigation.

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I used a Mace/? and Staff Guardian with nomads/ clerics which is reasonale tanky and has decent PBAOE heals, virtue of resolve and when adding runs of the soldier a lot of condition cleanses…

I find an interesting problem in tanky builds they only seem focussed with being tanky, I think being selfhealing and healer an added bonus, but it’kittenting like a wet noodle

Gear for tanky builds:
With ferocity: Cavalier&Valkyrie&Assassin
With healing: Clerics&Nomads
With condition dmg: Dire&Rabid
With vitality: Sentinel/Soldier
Condi & healing: Apothecary/Magi/Shaman/Settler mix.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I’d gather up on some materials, but refrain from forging the actual gear.

Even Nomad’s is not a given. While it is one of the tankiest solutions, who says this amount of tank is needed? With timers on content, the maximum amount of tank required is based on how much is maximum needed to survive, rest damage. Nomads falls short heavily in this department.

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

depends on the class i suppose, i like power/tough/vital (have a spare set for warrior/guard) and power/precision/toughness (have a spare set for ranger). mostly zerker trinkets for them, with a couple PTV trinkets.

if u have any karma saved up you can get a free set from cursed shore, for 42k karma for each piece.

if ur thinking complete and total bunk/heals, i guess clerics or sentinels, guardian staff/mace/focus for dmg mitigation, or druid ranger staff for healspam.

im 50/50 wanting GW2 to go the way of needing dedicated backline, cuz i loved playing heal or prot monk in gw1, but it would probably be bad for gw2 unless they flatout make a monk class, which they wont.

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I think the tankiest sets you’ll see in optimal pve runs are sets like rabid’s, knight’s, zealot’s and valkyrie’s i.e. sets with 2 offensive stats and 1 defensive stat.

PvE bunker builds

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Thanks for the input everyone. I’ve made only exotic versions of bunker gear for now, but I plan to upgrade them to ascended versions if I found one useful. Is it even necessary to make ascended armor for bunkers? So far I have nomad’s for guardian and necromancer, and settler’s for another necromancer. I already have rabid’s ascended gear for engineer though, so making “bunker” gear might not be necessary, but we shall see.

Anvil Rockers Unite!