PvE is boring...........

PvE is boring...........

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mouse.1024

Mouse.1024

Unrewarding, boring, and just about everything with it. Not even the dungeons get any loving anymore.
Just went to Orr with a friend to see what was up. (we where tired of doing WvWvW every single day) and it was empty. The entire map was empty, Oh Lord. Can’t do anything now.
I was here the first few weeks when Guild wars 2 was launched, and it was amazing when there was a large group getting ready to go.

I’m bored with Guild wars 2 PvE, i’ll just level up all of my alts through WvW since that’s what’s available now.

This is more of a rant, than a post. 5-6 months into the game, and map areas are already empty.

A suggestion would be to merge servers into 1, i don’t see many active players around anymore

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

If you’re not having fun anymore, stop playing and move on.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

Don’t worry, the devs are only skipping another month and waiting until March to patch the game again!

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

I guess all the people that used to play took Slyder’s advice

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both

PvE is boring...........

Mouse.1024

yeah I hope so. I relaly do like Gw2 alot, but the amount of people participating from before and now is so much less.

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

WvW is not PvP here, don’t ask me why.
PvP is boring too, seems game made for occasional players spending some hours during weekends.

I feel bad as GW (almost all games) were fun and lot of people loved it before some bad changes made most of players quite game.

Seems GW2 need to add some more content and revisit other.
Dungeon here is a challenge nobody will do just for fun, at our time many games offer dungeon runs as more or less easy distractions. I don’t see why it can’t be done here too as rewards are not that great (don’t talk about FoTM). By the way, why not add group finder same time?

Good luck to make this game better before all gonna play something else…
I feel sad…

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

A suggestion would be to go to the DE forum. Post your server then say doing an Orr DE run. Need X amount of people @the X time on X day. Please respond if coming.

See if actually doing something like this stops the boredom

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

PvE is boring...........

Mouse.1024

Oh well, we only did just pay $60 for the game.. I got my 60 bucks worth I guess, but i feel bad for the newer players now.

PvE is boring...........

Krosslite.1950

Oh well, we only did just pay $60 for the game.. I got my 60 bucks worth I guess, but i feel bad for the newer players now.

And this response after my post translates to:

What? You want me to actually make an effort to get more outta this game. Well paying $60 isn’t worth me doing anything different.

Simpler translation: I’m lazy and would rather throw $60 away.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t think GW2 was ever conceived as an MMO that could sustain core gamers playing multiple hours everyday.

Eventually it was going to get stale and people would start logging in less and only for events/new content.

And you know, that’s ok. For a game without a subscription it’s perfectly acceptable to not be a full time hobby but rather something you pick and and play occasionally, like your favourite MP shooter.

While I too would like to see content that requires a little more commitment and group-coordination, justifying the existence of guilds, I can accept that GW2 might not be that game.

TL;DR: Long term it’s better to think of GW2 more like Battlefield 3 than World of Warcraft.

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: gold.3025

gold.3025

It amazes me how many people have this ridiculous assumption that the world population should stay the same as it was 2 weeks after release. You might as well stop playing MMOs entirely because you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The current zone population is pretty good for a game 5 months in release. When SWTOR was at this point there were 10 people in the capital city and 2 people in each zone.

Take a look at WoW, the so-called “number 1 MMO”, and try to see how many people are running around in the zones. Yeah, there aren’t any. GW2 has it good right now, though I would still support giving people incentives to play in mid level areas

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

well, the game’s title is GUILD WARS. and normally pve is to be better at pvp. but since there are no guild wars…

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I feel the same. First 3-5 days were fun as ****! (i imagine betas were as fun or better) and now its dead. Five months and its dead lol. Mapped whole human noob zone and seen 1 ranger, 2 mesmers and 1 ele… in 2h i see four people. If that’s not pathetic i dunno what really is especially since its low level zones and im from JQ.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

PvE is boring...........

Krosslite.1950

It amazes me how many people have this ridiculous assumption that the world population should stay the same as it was 2 weeks after release. You might as well stop playing MMOs entirely because you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The current zone population is pretty good for a game 5 months in release. When SWTOR was at this point there were 10 people in the capital city and 2 people in each zone.

Take a look at WoW, the so-called “number 1 MMO”, and try to see how many people are running around in the zones. Yeah, there aren’t any. GW2 has it good right now, though I would still support giving people incentives to play in mid level areas

here here.

Thus the reason that the player base has to actually get off their duff and do stuff to promote movement in the game.

Anet made it very clear the the DE web in Orr will result in multiple endings and you have to have at least 10 people to even get a chance to get the legendaries that can be found there.

Players need to start doing what they were suppose to do from the get go of this game.

Anet again made it very clear that we the players will make the game change. True they can reset but isn’t war a tug of war. One side pushing the other back then the next week the other side pushes them back plus some.

Well that is what WE are suppose to do in this game.

You need more then 2 people to go to Orr and get the DEs to work right. So like I said. Make Orr DE groups and get busy.

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Im looking forward to the wvwvw path. Plain pve has become boring. Like any other mmorpg

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Im looking forward to the wvwvw path. Plain pve has become boring. Like any other mmorpg

something all pve players should know:
when you come en masse into wvw, you get nothing but gratitude.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

The thing that is really annoying coming from other mmos (GW1 Vet I am use to it but it seems really outdated and old to not do it) Is there is no way to join a “Dungeon Finder”

Now I’ll get flamed for this but sitting in Lion’s Arch all day hoping to find a group and spamming LFG is not fun. I prefer being able to queue up and get something.. Not sitting around all day hoping for the best.

Also, most of the world is empty. Leveling up I saw maybe 2-4 people per zone. That’s really sad to me as the whole point of the game is to keep the entire world interesting I thought.

I logged in today did AC Story (since you have to do story before you can do explorable, which is a hassle in itself) and logged off. There’s not much incentive to do anything or try when nobody is around to do it.

All I see in LA now is LFM FOTM LEVEL 1 Billion -_-
I’m behind in the 80 crowd and I feel punished for taking so long. =/

PvE is boring...........

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

We are glad to hear all your positive and negative feedback; however, rant-like posts of a very personal nature do not offer the grounds for constructive discussions since they are, well, rants. We would like to hear all your suggestions on how PvE could be improved so do not hesitate in creating a thread in the Suggestions subforum for that matter.

We proceed now to close the thread.
Thank you very much for your understanding.