PvE vs PVP community

PvE vs PVP community

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rogue.8235

Rogue.8235

From a blind player’s perspective.

The PvP community is awesome. Any PuG I’m with works with my blindness. They don’t use chat to communicate with me but call targets for me and jump near me to get my attention if needed. They communicate through their character movements. It also helps that I already know what to do and make good decisions in match.

The PvE community is pretty toxic. I did tournies and finally got the courage to do dungeons with a PuG. I get harrassed and they get pretty mad at me for not always knowing what to do. I’ve shared screen with my brother to know what they say and yeah it’s pretty bad.

to the PvE community, I’m sorry that I don’t have much of any vision. This is really surprising that the PvP community is more accommadating. I am good in fights but when you do things like run through mobs you have to have a little patience with me.

/end rant

The Blind player

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

You just had an unlucky bad experience. Many people could actually argue it’s the other way around, what with the meta game making pvp pretty unbalanced.

Either way, don’t make a sweeping generalization based on a single experience.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Crycerasobs.7864

Crycerasobs.7864

I’m sorry to hear that. My experiences have been pretty much the other way around, but I’m sighted. The PvP community seems to have a lot of jerks that only care about their score. PvE seems to have been designed with cooperation in mind. I guess it’s not so much the mode you’re playing in as the people you’re playing with. If you’ve got a good helpful group with everyone’s needs in mind, that’s when you have the most fun.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

How do the pug PvP players know that you’re blind to jump in front of you to get your attention and to call targets for you unless they know who you are already? Sounds like it’s a group of players you’ve been with for some time and they know who you are.

The PvE players, I guess you told them about your vision problems. You didn’t say. At any rate, when it’s people you don’t know, like the PvE pugs, they tend to be less forgiving. Especially if they don’t about your special circumstances or don’t understand the extent of it. Did they know that it would help to call targets for you or that they should jump in front of you to get your attention?

Really it sounds to me like you’re comparing how people who know you act versus how total strangers act, not PvE vs PvP.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Sounds like you’re basing an entire ‘community’ over one experience. What’s all this ‘PvE vs PvP’ about anyway?

We’re all Guild Wars 2 players at the end of the day. I’m sorry you had one bad experience in PvE, but it doesn’t mean it’s all like that.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m gong to say it again, here I’ll even emphasize it:

PvE is more than just dungeons!!!!!

It is also open world event trains. Solo and small group map exploration. World boss training. Even raids and fractals.

Its. Not. Just. Dungeons.

However, yes, you will find some rather…not nice…people if you’re trying to do instanced content (not just dungeons, but fractals and raids too). People that expect you to have wikied and youtubed the content, and as such just “magically know” wtf you’re doing.

Not everyone is like this, and those type of people exist in pvp too. I find a metric ton of them it seems.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

This is a manifestation of the starved PvP player trying to PvP with the PvE community because his own bloodlust is somehow not being fulfilled in the current PvP state, based on all the unhappiness posted in the forums. How about explaining the state of PvP map chat once in a while, wise guy. Or do you want me to pull out all the lovely screenshots I snapped whilst hanging around in the PvP areas.

gaem not made for mi
===========

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Ah forum pvp.
For everything else there is teamspeak.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

This doesn’t surprise me. People play PvP and PvE with different mindsets. PvP is something you do that is more or less fun and PvE is the grind that people do for funds. Esp. true of dungeons and fractals; impatience is mandatory.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

This doesn’t surprise me. People play PvP and PvE with different mindsets. PvP is something you do that is more or less fun and PvE is the grind that people do for funds. Esp. true of dungeons and fractals; impatience is mandatory.

Do not speak for me. I do not find PvP fun. I find PvE fun and I do not do it solely for funds.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Snoopy Shannon.5123

Snoopy Shannon.5123

I’m sorry to say, the pvp community is worse. I’ve experienced a good deal of both and pvp is a barrage of people insulting one another. Even seen people using the n word just last week in lobby map chat like it was no big deal.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I have experienced both and pvp always comes up with the worst community.

In dungeons people will usually give basic instructions like stack here or cc when it is needed. But in generally people are either making some jokes or just friendly. In pvp if you have a bad game people call you a noob, then rage at you instead of playing the map which causes you to widen the gap in points and then if you lose they blame it on you, report you or block you then leave in pve one bad try will not cause them to rage, maybe if it happens multiple times.

In pve they may suggest using a different utility or tell you to stack but the abuse you receive is no wy near as bad as pvp people.

And pvp community is getting even worse since leagues and how the top players or teams abuse class team ups and abuse any issue in the pvp to get the win, like switching classes mid game or beating a team with a far lower mmr and thinking it makes them better. XD

PvE vs PVP community

penelopehannibal.8947

Finally someone who gets it!!!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’m actually curious how it works.
How blind are you? What level of details can you see?

In PvP, you joined custom arena, unranked or ranked maches?

InPvE, how you joined the dungeon group and what you said to them about your condition?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Wut, if anything it’s all the other way around. And WvW to be the most chill of all.

Stella Truth Seeker

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

It’s usually the other way around. PvE (with the exception of dungeons, fractals, and raids) tends to be more relaxed. PvP, well…it’s only good for reward tracks and dailies to me.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i think is all the same

mmorpg in general can be both toxic and nice…
however, this is highly dependent on the activities and of course, the game design.

let just say that u are in a starting zone, players will expect that you are newbie and will not have much expectation from u

however, the moment u step into some highly advanced zone, there will some kind of expectation becoz u managed to reach there.

of cus, leveling and so on is really easy in gw2 but ppl still have that expectation subconsciously.

edit:
for example, right now pvp has a season.
once u start playing ranked, there will be expectations.
afterall, newbies are expected to play hot join or unranked.
so when u climb higher up the rank in ranked, expectations go higher.
of cus, if the game design is flawed, in ranekd case, bad players goes up the rank, people will start to rage becoz the reality is not reflecting the expectations.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

PvE vs PVP community

penelopehannibal.8947

and PvE is the grind that people do for funds. .

Eh? This is news to me. I do PvE because I enjoy map completion and levelling alts. I play Guild Wars 2 to kill bad guys and dragon minions, not to increase integers.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Are you trying to beat the OP for sweeping nonsensical generalisations?

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Seera is in the right. Your post above is framed as a universal statement. A more mature response would have been to just admit your error, re-frame your statement, and move on instead of defecting, minimizing, and being (not-so) passively aggressive towards her/him. Like Seera, I do not appreciate others speaking for me. I do not play pvp for fun, nor do I play pve just to grind for funds.

Here, I will demonstrate:

This doesn’t surprise me. “I” play PvP and PvE with a different mindset. PvP is something “I” do that is more or less fun and PvE is the grind that “I” do for funds. Esp. true of dungeons and fractals; impatience is mandatory “for me”.

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

and PvE is the grind that people do for funds. .

Eh? This is news to me. I do PvE because I enjoy map completion and levelling alts. I play Guild Wars 2 to kill bad guys and dragon minions, not to increase integers.

Yeah pretty much this, but I guess people who don’t enjoy PvE just see it as a way to get cash money and nothing else. Ahh well, more areas for me to explore without PvP or WvW elitist kittens harassing me.

OP, sounds like you’re basing it off of – what other people have said – people who know you versus people who don’t know you. If so, that’s changed this entirely. PvP players are always worse than PvE players. The only kittens I’ve come across in PvE are those who are only doing it for the gold, but that’s few and far between. In PvP I’ve had many people harass and even stalk me purely because I play PvP casually (not that I could play it hardcore on 300+ ping average anyway). Out of PvPing I’ve made one friend in 3+ years.

Next time you post something like this, don’t cherry pick or change things, because it certainly doesn’t seem that you’re talking about strangers when painting PvPers in a good light.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It is also open world event trains. Solo and small group map exploration. World boss training. Even raids and fractals.

To add to that, it’s also jumping puzzles and collections and mini-games you make up with friends and crafting and gliding and lore. It’s meeting other people on a jumping puzzle and using your portal to help them up, or using the portal of someone else kind enough to help. It’s coming across a downed player and ressing them so they can finish the fight. It’s sitting on a beach at Orr and watching the sun glisten on the oily sand. It’s sitting on the broken wall with a friend from another country and chatting for hours while you admire the stars. It’s a million little stories and interactions you have with people when you’re not trying to kill each other.

OP – If you haven’t yet experienced these things, then you haven’t really experienced the PvE community.

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I hope you realize that dungeons are a very small part of PvE and getting smaller. Everyone there is angry over what has happened to Dungeons.
There are still nice helpful players there but it’s becoming more and more a solo or small group thing so it’s harder to just “fall in” with those players.

PvE vs PVP community

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

PVE players are generally nice, helpful & easygoing, PVP players are basically the opposite.