PvEers being picked on for not owning HoT?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Of today’s 4 PvE Dailies, two of them require you to own Heart of Thorns.

Yes, I know all of the old arguments. Trying to get us into new places. Trying to get us to experience other areas of the game outside our comfort zone. Etc., etc. You really don’t need to repeat them again. We’ve all heard ’em a million times.

I’m just pointing it out so that maybe (yeah, right) they’ll be more careful in their selections.

Just sayin’.

Actually, I loved all of the tons of new Dailies they are adding into the lineup. But I was hoping that with so much new stuff they were finally going to give us more than 4 in each area to choose from. 5 or (dare I say it) 6 Dailies from each area? Alas not. (Sigh).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Do you personally own Heart of Thorns? Because as far as I understand, only people who own Heart of Thorns get the HoT dailies, not all players. And this is why it’ll be coming up for you. Similar to how players with no Level 80 characters won’t get Cursed Shore Event Completer.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

What’s so wrong spending 10 mins in WvW or PvP?

I can guarantee you’ll complete your Daliys faster if you do multiple game modes.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Hmm…presumably it would give non-HoT area dailies to those that don’t have it yet, but…yeah, that seems like a potential problem otherwise.

Hamfast.8719

Do you personally own Heart of Thorns? Because as far as I understand, only people who own Heart of Thorns get the HoT dailies, not all players. And this is why it’ll be coming up for you. Similar to how players with no Level 80 characters won’t get Cursed Shore Event Completer.

I was not aware of that. Yes, I have HoT. I made the observation and thought it seemed unfair.

I would dearly love to see more choices though. So many cool new ones.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I was not aware of that. Yes, I have HoT. I made the observation and thought it seemed unfair.

I would dearly love to see more choices though. So many cool new ones.

I agree on that. Having more than 12 slots would be better I think. Maybe a pool of 18, so you’ve got a choice of 6 per game mode would be better.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that non-HoT owners get different dailies than HoT owners do, so as not to disclude them.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I hate the HoT maps. After I got my elite specializations done I made a point to never go back. I understand that HoT maps have had a make over but I have not had a chance to test it out yet. I actually have not even had the chance to play aside from log in for rewards due to being overseas on business. But if am I reading it right, if you have HoT some of the core game PvE daily have been replaced with some HoT PvE daily? If that is the case I’m not interested. And if that is the case it would be nice if the HoT PvE daily was in addition to the core PvE daily and not taking 1 or 2 of them away from core PvE options.

Just like the changes some time ago to daily, there are many areas of the game I have no interest in participating in. I don’t care for being prodded towards those areas of the game for the sake of increasing participation metrics. Sure I can do a quick PvP daily in a “PvP Daily let other team win” arena but what is the point of that? It doesn’t sell real competitive PvP participation as a whole. It certainly doesn’t sell PvP to people that hate PvP. It is just a quick, easy, one and done, glad it is over with because it was faster and easier than some other options.

More options are always better. Let the players decide where they want to enjoy the game instead of trying to push players into areas they do no want.

Like I said, I’m lacking knowledge here. I’m interested in hearing more.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

I do not have HoT and I have the dailies show up and get four dailies all in Core. I don’t feel picked on… just glad Anet still gives me credit for being a purchaser of GW2 and not just a free player. Thanks Anet

stumble stumble crawl crawl

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hate the HoT maps. After I got my elite specializations done I made a point to never go back. I understand that HoT maps have had a make over but I have not had a chance to test it out yet. I actually have not even had the chance to play aside from log in for rewards due to being overseas on business. But if am I reading it right, if you have HoT some of the core game PvE daily have been replaced with some HoT PvE daily? If that is the case I’m no interested. And if that is the case it would be nice if the HoT PvE daily was in addition to the core PvE daily and not taking 1 or 2 of them away from core.

Just like the changes some time ago to daily, there are many areas of the game I have no interest in participating in. I don’t care for being prodded towards those areas of the game for the sake of increasing participation metrics. Sure I can do a quick PvP daily in a “PvP Daily let other team win” arena but what is the point of that? It doesn’t sell real competitive PvP participation as a whole.

I think if you try out HoT again, when you return, you will be pleasantly surprised. Very pleasantly. I’ve stayed away from it for a long time, but went back after the patch, and it’s much different, and very rewarding (in more than one sense).

Good luck.

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

If you have HoT…you got a chance at events in a HoT zone for dailies. Core only gets the events daily in core only zone. Yesterday was TD for HoT owners and Queensdale for core only I think.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I hate the HoT maps. After I got my elite specializations done I made a point to never go back. I understand that HoT maps have had a make over but I have not had a chance to test it out yet. I actually have not even had the chance to play aside from log in for rewards due to being overseas on business. But if am I reading it right, if you have HoT some of the core game PvE daily have been replaced with some HoT PvE daily? If that is the case I’m no interested. And if that is the case it would be nice if the HoT PvE daily was in addition to the core PvE daily and not taking 1 or 2 of them away from core.

Just like the changes some time ago to daily, there are many areas of the game I have no interest in participating in. I don’t care for being prodded towards those areas of the game for the sake of increasing participation metrics. Sure I can do a quick PvP daily in a “PvP Daily let other team win” arena but what is the point of that? It doesn’t sell real competitive PvP participation as a whole.

I think if you try out HoT again, when you return, you will be pleasantly surprised. Very pleasantly. I’ve stayed away from it for a long time, but went back after the patch, and it’s much different, and very rewarding (in more than one sense).

Good luck.

Thanks IC. I’m looking forward to giving it a go when I get back.

That said, I still feel the more daily options the better. That way players can do what they enjoy instead of feeling like they are funneled into areas they do not enjoy.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Good luck.

That said, I still feel the more daily options the better. That way players can do what they enjoy instead of feeling like they are funneled into areas they do not enjoy.

True. But there are usually options, even in the areas you don’t love the most. Just today I went into WvW (I don’t mind WvW, anyway, but…) just to get the super-quick ‘Big Spender’ option. Bought me one of those new Bags for BoH and coin. =)

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

The idea in general is not bad. The bad thing about is that I still have zero motivation to run through HoT again because even after it has been altered, it is still the plattformer version of GW2 I never wanted to have.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Just as a confirmation, here’s what the patch notes say:

We overhauled daily achievements, adding new, specific Heart of Thorns dailies for those who own the expansion, plus new jumping puzzle, minidungeon, and dungeon path dailies to the regular rotation.

So, whether you want the HoT dailies or not, people without HoT aren’t getting shortchanged.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

A daily for tangled depths still isn’t going to make me go there. :P

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I agree on that. Having more than 12 slots would be better I think. Maybe a pool of 18, so you’ve got a choice of 6 per game mode would be better.

If there are more choices I can see a complain coming from a few people (not me), that feel obligated to do all of them, that it is to much they have to do every day.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

A daily for tangled depths still isn’t going to make me go there. :P

Made me.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I spent the 2 minutes doing the Karka Queen for my 2 gold.

Posted by: Mango.1845

Mango.1845

I own both types of accounts and I don’t like the difference in the daily achievements between Hot- and Non-Hot-Accounts. A Non-Hot-Account can do the Great Jungle Worm and a vista in Kryta today. I wanted to do these achievements with my Level 18 Ele on my Hot-Account but they are not available for a Hot-Account. Yesterday a Non-Hot-Account could do events in Queensdale, Hot-Accounts had to do the events in one of the new zones. So, I have to switch on a level 80 character to do dailies like these. I don’t like it like this.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I think HoT owners should see all dailies offered, We would see 6 options , and then have the freedom to pick any 3 of them for the chest. I know they are there since they are displayed in the timer I use. Jungle Wurm didn’t show up because of HoT but even If I do it, it isn’t recognized as a daily. The day before it was Queensdale Events that wasn’t displayed in game and when I completed it anyway, no reward.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I appreciate that ANet added more options for PvE. At the same time, I’m disappointed that they did not expand the number of options available each day. I believe that it would be better for everyone if there were more options while maintaining the “do 3 and done” nature of dailies.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing more options in PvP/WvW. However, since the range of what you can do in those modes is smaller, I can see where it might be hard to come up with additional tasks for them. Note that all of the new tasks added seem to be in PvE.

Perhaps add a mode. The general PvE stuff (events, gathering, vistas, world bosses, etc.) could be in one PvE mode. Specialty PvE like dungeons, fractals, activities, JP’s etc. could go into a second PvE category.

Posted by: Katiekaboom.1980

Katiekaboom.1980

I understand where you are coming from because I have been playing for 3+ years, have HOT and have 100% map completion on my main and all 80’s. Yet I personally prefer PvE and don’t like the new dailies getting us into HOT if we don’t feel like doing it. I mean .. Vista in HOT for a daily was hell for me. I tried for hours to find one I could get to. I found it annoying, frustrating, aggravating, and just made the game not as fun as it used to be when I was just playing the base game. The base game kept me for 3 years because I had choices, variety, and could play any kitten way I wanted to. THAT is what drew me to the game. But with the expansion it loses that feel. The expansion is just basically an extension of Silverwastes and Dry Top. It is not as expansive as the base game. The base game is much better than the expansion. And then on top of that paying the Canadian dollar which is in the toilet meant paying more than I did for the base game. Then the dailies change and now if you want them you can no longer just stick to PvE (as I had been doing) to do them but have to venture into other areas (Expansion, WvW, PvP). Before the expansion I was loving the base game, I was even loving WvW before they ruined it and I haven’t been back (I did hear they fixed some things though but everyone who I played WvW with already left GW2). I am an older person who likes to kick back and enjoy myself in a game (Yes casual. Sue me). I am not a young 20 something who can go hours grinding for the next back piece or legendary. That does not interest me. However the expansion and these new dailies feel like you are being pushed in that direction if you want to stay in this game. I miss having lots of choices on how I want to play the game. I miss playing it my way. (Why do I now hear the McDonald’s slogan in my head??).

Too long; Didn’t read?

I would LOVE more choices in WHAT dailies I want to do. I don’t mind the 3 dailies but want MORE choices for the game I payed (twice) for.

Perhaps add a mode. The general PvE stuff (events, gathering, vistas, world bosses, etc.) could be in one PvE mode. Specialty PvE like dungeons, fractals, activities, JP’s etc. could go into a second PvE category.

They do but it seems that HOT is considered PvE so I would love a separation between PvE base and PvE HOT dailies to choose from as I hate HOT.

Is HOT up to your expectations or geared toward one type of player?
HOT is NOT for the Casual (My Sentiments exactly)

(edited by Katiekaboom.1980)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I quite like HoT areas. But the dailies are fairly limitting.

Maybe it seems fair on the surface that each game mode gets an equal amount of dailies. But PvE is so huge that regardless of opinion of the areas that PvE dailies don’t even begin to cover the interest of PvE players.

PvP and WvW dailies are like the old dailies, play anything → get them done.

PvE dailies are way more specific and make you go out of the way of your usual things.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I do not, at this time, feel “picked on” in open world PvE, simply because they have not done a core balance pass based upon HoT specializations. I’m not restricted by not having a Glider, that is something that simply allows players to bypass mobs and cheese some access points. I thought it was not wise to allow them in core, but they do not effect me personally.

I don’t have HoT and do not intend to buy it. I’m not limited by HoT only dailies, I would however prefer the old, less micromanaged Dailies.

I do think the specializations are problematic in WvW.

It is not PvE, particularly, but I do feel rather “picked on” every time I open my now useless Guild Window.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You guys do realize that they would just stop having dailies before they made them easier to do in one game mode, right?

Dailies exist in order to be a carrot to get you to participate in all game modes. Anything that harms that purpose isn’t a realistic suggestion.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

You guys do realize that they would just stop having dailies before they made them easier to do in one game mode, right?

Dailies exist in order to be a carrot to get you to participate in all game modes. Anything that harms that purpose isn’t a realistic suggestion.

This is exactly the problem though. They need to back off and stop micromanaging us.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

i have to say though i never bothered buying HoT because it’s a ripoff, i do feel like i’m getting the short end of the stick here with the Daily jp puzzles, i love doing jps.

I don’t see a reason why it should be gated behind HoT even though the majority of the jps are in the “core” world.

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

Simple solution: buy HOT. It doesn’t cost much and by now you should know how good this game is, and you won’t ever regret spending those 40$ on it.

Same thing is happening in doungeons. You have to link your gear, and if you don’t have ascend armor set + weapon with specific stats, they will just kick you.
In doungeons they also ask of you to have 5000 AP or above. SOmetimes they even request 7k AP or more.
And also if you are low level, noone will want to have you in party.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Only players who own hot get to see hot related dailies.

As for needing more daily options to go to…why do you even need it? just go to wherever you wish…

Do you really need 4 different dailies with 4 different zones that tell you to chop down lumbers?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Good luck.

True. But there are usually options, even in the areas you don’t love the most. Just today I went into WvW (I don’t mind WvW, anyway, but…) just to get the super-quick ‘Big Spender’ option. Bought me one of those new Bags for BoH and coin. =)

Buying a Badge of Tribute from the guild hall NPC also works for that.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Yes, I know all of the old arguments. Trying to get us into new places. Trying to get us to experience other areas of the game outside our comfort zone. Etc., etc. You really don’t need to repeat them again. We’ve all heard ’em a million times.

I’m just pointing it out so that maybe (yeah, right) they’ll be more careful in their selections.

Just sayin’.

Actually, I loved all of the tons of new Dailies they are adding into the lineup. But I was hoping that with so much new stuff they were finally going to give us more than 4 in each area to choose from. 5 or (dare I say it) 6 Dailies from each area? Alas not. (Sigh).

Let me see if I got this right. You’re complaining about something happening that doesn’t actually happen.

Also known as complain for no reason at all.

Hamfast.8719

Just sayin’.

Let me see if I got this right. You’re complaining about something happening that doesn’t actually happen.

Also known as complain for no reason at all.

If you had read just a couple of responses, then you would see that you have no reason at all to complain about my post.

I genuinely did not know at the time that different players get different Dailies, so when I saw 2 Dailies devoted to HoT it struck me as unfair to my fellow PvEers who don’t own HoT. My fears were immediately alleviated in the first couple of replies. I know better now. Case closed on that concern. We don’t need to hear that again this late in the thread. Please read at least some of the replies before you point out what an idiot I am. That’s already been determined.

(My many, many posts all tend to be lengthy. That gives me plenty of opportunity to show off what I don’t know. But hopefully, people correcting me will also help other players that stumble about in the dark just as blissfully as myself.)

I also pointed out that I saw the new list of Dailies they had in mind for us, and lamented the fact that with such a nice, large selection of things to do, they were still pigeon-holing us into only 4 things from each area (PvE/PvP/WvW).

This is a valid concern, and I have since posted a suggested solution:

Keep 4 things from each area; 4 PvP choices, 4 PvE choices, and 4 WvW choices. But give us 3 “sub-choices” for each achievement. For example, one of the 4 PvE choices might be “Complete one path in Ascalon Catacombs OR Honor of the Waves OR The Ruined City of Arah.” You get a Daily Achievement credit for only ONE of these.

This solution is nice because Achievement Hunters don’t “have to” do more stuff, but people still have more options. (And hopefully, it would keep any one event from being a massively overcrowded as some of them have been). We would also get a chance to see those wonderful new Dailies more often.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

2 Hot out of how many? if we had to play the victim i would say HOT players are being picked on because they are only given a choice of 2 across all achievements available. However in reality picking things out of context will always give something to argue about.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize