PvP PvE discrimination, armor etc..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xupok Moonheart.9412

Xupok Moonheart.9412

To this day there is discrimination between PvP and PvE, where as PvP’ers have access to all PvE armor skins, we as PvE’ers don’t have access to all PvP skins.

Anet, please look in to this as we EXPECT all types of players to have access to all types weapons and gear cross border game play style.

[Gamers Repulic of South Africa]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

To this day there is discrimination between PvP and PvE, where as PvP’ers have access to all PvE armor skins, we as PvE’ers don’t have access to all PvP skins.

How do PvPers have access to all armor skins?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

From my memory, PvPers don’t have access to the full sets of Bladed, Carapace, Luminescent, Mistward, Leystone and Guild armors as well as a bunch of new backpieces and the upcoming Legendary armor.

“Anet, please look in to this as we EXPECT all types of players to have access to all types weapons and gear cross border game play style.”

As memory also serves me, the only people who can say we in situations like this is royalty and people who have a mouse in their pocket. I assume the OP is one of these 2 groups as I don’t recall giving him permission to say we and speak for me about what I expect on armor or weapon acquisition.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

“Armor skins”? I can’t really think that this is an issue. I was hoping to read about stats.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Anet, please look in to this as we EXPECT all types of players to have access to all types weapons and gear cross border game play style.

We don’t have access to the new raid skins. But you’re offering a false equivalency: PvP is dynamic with 8,001 possible matchups (Math provided below) and many different classes with different players and different psychological makeup (such as INTJ vs. ESFP and different combinations of the rest) and therefore values leading to different playstyles. PvP is therefore more prestigious and its mere existence dictates that it should receive balancing priority over PvE. The AI isn’t going to feel slighted and like you’re cheap for picking a good build whereas people do and have and is inherently competitive.

(9 nCr 5)² / 2 + (9 nCr 5) / 2 =
9C5=9!/(5!*(9-5)!)
362,880/(120*(9-5)!)
362,880/(120*4!)
362,880/120*24
362,880/2,880
=126

126²/2+(126)/2=

So 126²/2 + (126)/2= 8,001 potential matchups.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Pvp only gain access to dungeon and HoT armours plus their own unique set. Not sure about full sets of HoT gear. Plus whatever armour they get out of rewards.

They do not gain access to mistward. And they can’t get skins only available to the mystic toilet.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No. Just no. There is no “discrimination” here, and pvp doesn’t give access to all pve skins.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t expect all types of players to have access to all types of weapons or gear, regardless of game mode. I actually think it’s better for the game to have some skins exclusive to each part of the game, with the vast majority available via the TP and the second biggest segment available via tokens. I like that people can show off skins indicating prowess or commitment to their preferred game mode.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

PVP doesn’t have access to precursor in direct way.
PVP doesn’t have access to the new legendary armor
PVP doesn’t have access to the new legendary weapon.

Just a flesh wound.3589

From my memory, PvPers don’t have access to the full sets of Bladed, Carapace, Luminescent, Mistward, Leystone and Guild armors as well as a bunch of new backpieces and the upcoming Legendary armor.

The Heart of Maguuma Reward Track is repeatable and lets you get both bladed and leystone armour.

Though seems you can only get carapace gloves through the reward tracks, no luminescent or mistwards.

Good to know. Thank you.

So it’s Carapace, Luminescent, Mistward, guild armor, the upcoming Legendary armors that’s PvE exclusive then, and I guess the backpacks from HoT.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Actually ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-14-2016/first#post6212427) says:

“The Silverwastes PvP reward track Carapace Armor Box now contains all pieces of Carapace armor instead of just the gloves.”

However, the track is not available for anyone who has already done it once.

Just a flesh wound.3589

As a clarifying comment about the Heart of Maguuma reward tracks. Those tracks of course are only available to you in PvP or WvW if you have the expansion. So if you don’t, those skins are not available to you in PvP or WvW (or PvE).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The Heart of Maguuma Reward Track is repeatable and lets you get both bladed and leystone armour.

Though seems you can only get carapace gloves through the reward tracks, no luminescent or mistwards.

Good to know. Thank you.

So it’s Carapace, Luminescent, Mistward, guild armor, the upcoming Legendary armors that’s PvE exclusive then, and I guess the backpacks from HoT.

In addition to a bunch of armor skins only available through personal story and karma vendors throughout the world.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Good to know. Thank you.

In addition to a bunch of armor skins only available through personal story and karma vendors throughout the world.

Very true.

At any rate, there are a lot of skins that are PvE only and it’s reasonable that there should be skins that are also PvP only to reward people for playing PvP content.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Kids these days, discrimination lol.

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Okay, I guess I was wrong. Going back to the original post, my personal opinion and not speaking for anyone else is that I agree with the original poster that I would like more options to get some of the skins.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I personally like the idea of some skins representing more than just their appearance. A skin only earnable in certain content represents that content to a certain degree. To me that is a good thing.

I dont think this should extend to too many cosmetic options, but a few here and there means that trophy hunters, and those driven by symbolism for their achievements, have something to go for even as do those focused on the aesthetics of the skin.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

There was a time when PvP players asked for skins relating to PvE, PvE players said “NO OUR ITEMS ARE PRESTIGIOUS AND ANYONE CAN GET THEM IF YOU PVE”….

Now the tables have turned, PvP and WvW have skins only acquired through those game modes and you can bet the answer will be the same… “OUR ITEMS ARE PRESTIGIOUS AND ANYONE CAN GET THEM IF YOU WVW/PVP.”

It’s not discrimination, it might have been considered discrimination before WvW and PvP had their own rewards but now it’s just been made fair, you can earn your “prestigious” items in PvE and we will earn ours in WvW/PvP. You may feel left out because now there are items you want by doing things you don’t find fun, but that’s been the WvW/PvP populations life for 4 years now.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Which, incidentally, is how the rest of Apostle and Stalwart should have been added to PVE (since their chestpieces are already personal story rewards).

All the legacy armor should have been added in PVE as well, maybe sold by those Pact supply network NPCs that are only good for buying the map reward consumables from otherwise.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

All the legacy armor should have been added in PVE as well, maybe sold by those Pact supply network NPCs that are only good for buying the map reward consumables from otherwise.

Actually through all this time I though this was the reason they added them, and I was hunting them down everyday like stupid. I really want to complete that Marauder set :<

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

You don’t even need to do real PvP to get the glorious or legacy armor sets. There are custom servers where people trade wins. Rewards are capped (in custom arena; unranked and ranked arenas are not capped) at 2 tiers a day and reward tracks have 8 tiers. So 4 days for an armor piece and 24 for a full set. Less actually because you’ll end up getting PvP dailies by doing this and can use the reward potions to move the reward track further.

WvW also has an exclusive armor set as well as a reward track for legacy armor. You can go zerg around edge of the mists to get these.

So there are PvE exclusive armor skins that require doing the PvE content, but the PvP/WvW armor skins can be obtained without having to do real PvP/WvW. Pretty lame, but this means there isn’t much room to complain about these armor sets not being in PvE.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]