PvP rewards in PvE?

PvP rewards in PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So, PvPers can get dungeon tokens and Ascended materials by doing PvP. That’s a thing.

Does that mean I can get PvP tokens by performing a finisher on Toxic Alliance Sylvari? Because I should, seriously.

Hyperbole, yes, but with GW2 seeming to stress “play a little bit of everything and get rewards,” why is it that PvP gets this sudden boost, while I still have to watch third-party website boss timers to get the same thing?

I’d fully accept “run dungeons for a PvP token” as a solution. It’d give me one more reason to go into them.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

you even think before you post?

you get EVERYTHING since beta with autoshot afk what people will get in pvp after the 15th for doing pvp

so – whats the problem?

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

It sounds like there aren’t even going to be any PvP tokens after the 15th.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

uhm, yeah, this update is actually making me consider doing some more PvP since i love PvE but really hate doing a full on dungeon sometimes.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

What are these PvP tokens you’re talking about?

PvP rewards in PvE?

Rauderi.8706

Badges of Honor (the fiddlybits required for some of the Legendary crafts), Not Glory or the PvP craft mats from the salvage kits.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Hahaha this post makes me laugh….. You are talking about WvW which isn’t considered PvP by Anet. There is no longer a specific reward related to PvP (used to be glory). So think before you post. WvW players still have to run dungeons (or now do PvP) for tokens, etc. WvW definitely has the worst rewards in this game now.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

PvP rewards in PvE?

Rauderi.8706

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_honor

>.> Sarcasm respectfully withdrawn. Sorry about the crossed wires.

So, my fallback position: Entitlement! I shouldn’t have to do WvW when I have to FINISH HIM! in PvE. …yup. That’s my stance. Because spinning around in attack formation with a greatsword is totally “evading”. And more Badges in every achievement chest! And.. and..

I’ll stop being silly now. Enjoy the game!

Many alts; handle it!

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Badges of Honor (the fiddlybits required for some of the Legendary crafts), Not Glory or the PvP craft mats from the salvage kits.

Well they aren’t PvP tokens and you get hundreds of them every achievement box you open without needing to set foot in WvW.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I got a lot of PvP skins and materials from the AP chests I got from PvE, so I see no problem here.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

you get EVERYTHING since beta with autoshot afk what people will get in pvp after the 15th for doing pvp

so – whats the problem?

actually no. There are several full sets of armor only available in PvP. I’d assume you’d know that if you’re so awesome at the game you can afk.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

so – whats the problem?

actually no. There are several full sets of armor only available in PvP. I’d assume you’d know that if you’re so awesome at the game you can afk.

Yes, I agree! If the PvP people can get PvE only stuff by playing PvP, we should be able to get PvP only stuff by playing PvE (and don’t mention the achievement chests, because the PvP players get those too).

So, when are those PvP only armours going to be available in PvE (by actually playing PvE, and not by getting lucky in a lottery)?

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

Yes, I agree! If the PvP people can get PvE only stuff by playing PvP, we should be able to get PvP only stuff by playing PvE (and don’t mention the achievement chests, because the PvP players get those too).

So, when are those PvP only armours going to be available in PvE (by actually playing PvE, and not by getting lucky in a lottery)?

This may have won the “stupidest comment in the thread” award. PvE only skins for PvP? do you even know what they are doing? After April 15th, there will be no PvP or PvE armors/skins, just GW2 armors/skins. Meaning, any armor you have in PvE can now be used in PvP, and vice versa.

With the new reward system being added to PvP, there are armors that you can get only from doing that content. You want skins that you can only get in PvE and no where else? Too late, it’s already happened. EVERY living story Meta Reward that gives a skin is an example of this. Remember that helmet for killing scarlet, all the numerous backpieces? Ascended armor, Windcatcher, molten jetpack, desert rose, etc etc. PvP gets 1 thing, just 1, and people start complaining that they might have to try other content to get all the skins in the game. Trust me, there will be a lot more “PvE” only armors to come, significantly more than any PvP only armors to be added.

My god people, think before you post.

PvP rewards in PvE?

DarksunG.9537

This may have won the “stupidest comment in the thread” award. PvE only skins for PvP? do you even know what they are doing? After April 15th, there will be no PvP or PvE armors/skins, just GW2 armors/skins. Meaning, any armor you have in PvE can now be used in PvP, and vice versa.

Except they really haven’t said anything about sets like PvP Stalwart’s set. There is currently no way to get that set in PvE. There are several sets like this.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I wish that there was a way to get the dungeon skins without doing dungeons nor PvP. I don’t like either of those and a lot of sets that I want are only obtainable by doing one of these two. I guess I’m going to have to wait every two months for some gemstore armor skins so I can finally transmutate my ugly ascended armor skin…..

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

With the new reward system being added to PvP, there are armors that you can get only from doing that content. You want skins that you can only get in PvE and no where else? Too late, it’s already happened. EVERY living story Meta Reward that gives a skin is an example of this. Remember that helmet for killing scarlet, all the numerous backpieces? Ascended armor, Windcatcher, molten jetpack, desert rose, etc etc. PvP gets 1 thing, just 1, and people start complaining that they might have to try other content to get all the skins in the game. Trust me, there will be a lot more “PvE” only armors to come, significantly more than any PvP only armors to be added.

Did you read what I posted? I never said anywhere that I want skins that are only available in PvE. I said I wanted the skins that are now only attainable in PvP also to be attainable in PvE.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

There are also PvE exclusive skins. It’s called the Living Story

PvP rewards in PvE?

DarksunG.9537

Not anymore.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Did you read what I posted? I never said anywhere that I want skins that are only available in PvE. I said I wanted the skins that are now only attainable in PvP also to be attainable in PvE.

I would like this, but chances are they’re still going to be PvP-only, as far as obtaining them goes.

Also, people should quit telling others to “think before they post.” I’ve been hearing that phrase directed at others a lot lately, and usually they’re the one’s who misread something, then post something dumb and look the fool themselves.

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

pvp is the hardest mode in any MMORPG. Any dedicated pvp player will destroy any pve content. Seems legit to give out easy mode rewards optionally in the hardest mode. If you feel this is in any way unfair for you, go play pvp and see how you do… Hint: autoattack 1 isn´t too successfull.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

pvp is the hardest mode in any MMORPG. Any dedicated pvp player will destroy any pve content.

The difficulty of PvP can vary greatly. It can be anything from the hardest to the easiest mode in the game. It all depends on who your opponent is.

I knew a group of players that played PvP exclusively and they would usually win. They even participated in one of the GW2 tournaments back at launch when ArenaNet was pushing e-sports (hint: they’re sponsored). One day they decided to do a dungeon for some reason and failed miserably. I happened to watch them streaming it and one of them was complaining about the lack of a tank (as in the trinity), because he was constantly dead. They all quit about a year ago and went to wildstar.

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

I think what the issue is, isn’t the skins themselves. It’s the exclusivity of the reward.

Currently, and with the new Wardrobe system (but before the PvP update was announced), the idea was was players who were running around in dungeon skins had earned those from repeatedly completing team-based time-gated content. There is a level of prestige associated with proving what we’ve accomplished. Similarly, if the new system were put in place prior to the PvP update, a player running in PvE content with their PvP skins was showing prestige for their accomplishments. However, with the new rewards system, having a full set of dungeon (or any other location-exclusive armor skin) doesn’t come with the prestige of having actually done the work for it. Instead, players can run around in high-tier dungeon armor as if they have experience in dungeons, while actually knowing nothing beyond click a different reward track and go do identical PvP for a few more hours. However, on top of this, PvP has its own exclusive PvP-only skin rewards that can -only- be earned from completing the new tracks.

Nobody really cares if a skin earned from PvE can be used in PvP, or vice-versa. It’s a sign of showing off what we have accomplished. I’ll never have a PvP-exclusive skin unless I choose that game mode, and I’m fine with that – it’s cool to see the people who do have them and know that they earned it. Makes me think better of them. But now that players who have never touched a dungeon can wear full dungeon armor by doing PvP, the prestige is lost.

At this point I’m sitting right alongside the other players who want PvP exclusive skins and such to be available in PvE. We now know how a PvP’er can earn dungeon-exclusive skins without ever touching PvP, so now I’d like to know how a PvE’er can earn PvP exclusive skins, finishers, and ranks without ever touching PvP. Oh, we can’t? Then why am I spending days in dungeons, fighting world bosses, and otherwise playing the heck out of PvE if there’s nothing there that can’t be earned by facesmashing myself into other players in the same arena forty times a day?

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

so – whats the problem?

Those sets can be acquired through personal storyline. Which is… Gasp… PVE!

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

According to the blogpost, PvP is going to get Living Story reward paths in order to be able to get LS rewards in PvP. So no, LS skins will no longer be PvE exclusive.

Please, show me where in personal storyline i can get PvP Masquerade set.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

PvP rewards in PvE?

DarksunG.9537

so – whats the problem?

lol, you have no idea what you’re talking about. You can get some pieces of some of the sets in the Personal Story. Try again.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

[…] Nobody really cares if a skin earned from PvE can be used in PvP, or vice-versa. It’s a sign of showing off what we have accomplished.

Uh, I care. I think a lot of people care, actually.

Let titles be prestigious. Heck, there’s leaderboards and W/L records if you really want your ego stroked. I just want to use PvP Masquerade armor on my PvE character. That’s it. I’ll work for it if I have to, but I favor PvE, so that’s where I’m gonna use it, and it looks like this update will let me do just that, so I’m all for it.

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

[…] Nobody really cares if a skin earned from PvE can be used in PvP, or vice-versa. It’s a sign of showing off what we have accomplished.

Uh, I care. I think a lot of people care, actually.

Let titles be prestigious. Heck, there’s leaderboards and W/L records if you really want your ego stroked. I just want to use PvP Masquerade armor on my PvE character. That’s it. I’ll work for it if I have to, but I favor PvE, so that’s where I’m gonna use it, and it looks like this update will let me do just that, so I’m all for it.

Oh, sorry, maybe I was misunderstood, my wording was bad. I meant it shouldn’t be a problem if the skins are shared. Not that nobody wants to use the feature. I think it’s a great feature too, I also favor PvE.

Sorry for the confusion. =)

PvP rewards in PvE?

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I for one am quite happy for PvPers. You all got a raw deal for ages.