Pvp and Scaling and Gear

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Posted by: iisapanda.5169

iisapanda.5169

Even though lower levels are scaled to 80. Level 80 toons are still at an advantage because of gear right? I was in a match and I was told level didn’t matter but it does or I would think because we lower levels aren’t able to use the higher end gear.

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Doesn’t everyone have access to the same gear?

Structured PvP – players have access to top level equipment and all of their available skills and traits. The last trait in each trait line still requires an unlock to use.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pvp

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Posted by: iisapanda.5169

iisapanda.5169

I tried to put on higher level gear but was unable to

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The only stats that matter in sPvP (mists) is that you need boots, chest, legs, as they do give you armor. So not having that slot filled will hurt you (probably a decency measure). That said, the armor quality of it doesn’t matter, just have to have something there.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Armor equipped means absolutely nothing in sPvP, except for the skins. The stats from armor, weapons and trinkets (excluding the sPvP stat amulet) are completely ignored. All your sPvP stats come from your traits, sPvP amulet, sigils and runes.

Are you 100% sure of this?

I’m asking about the defensive number I have circled in red.

Attachments:

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Armor equipped means absolutely nothing in sPvP, except for the skins. The stats from armor, weapons and trinkets (excluding the sPvP stat amulet) are completely ignored. All your sPvP stats come from your traits, sPvP amulet, sigils and runes.

I explained this, for decency, you need to have those 3 slots filled, but the stats have no effect beyond ensuring its filled, the gain is streamlined regardless of quality of the armor.

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Miku.6297

I explained this, for decency, you need to have those 3 slots filled, but the stats have no effect beyond ensuring its filled, the gain is streamlined regardless of quality of the armor.

^^; Yea I saw, just wanted to be sure. (my post was being made, befor yours had been posted… I had to take pictures xD)

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Ah, I see.

It’s a real problem actually because not a lot of people realize that it does matter. I see topless people every so often and it makes me cringe because most times they don’t believe it matters.

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

Miku.6297

^——- the reason I posted the pictures

Pvp and Scaling and Gear

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I wish they made some sort of like red armor highlight when dire pieces are making with a tooltip that says “missing pieces” or make runes only get 2 “pieces” per boots/legs/chest or both. Something to really grab attention.