Q: Ascended Trinkets?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hylox.9746

Hylox.9746

why can’t re purposing ascended trinkets work as well as the weapons and armor? i just tried to change a celestial ascended necklace to a rabid and it’s not working. is it because they cost laurals to get and the game is forcing me to log in everyday for a month just to get one? trading trinkets’ stats should work just like the armor and weapons, why can’t it work like that?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

As far as I know, all ascended items should work, but right now there seems to be a bug that only few can be converted (mainly shoulder parts).

Might be that this information is outdated, because I have no idea if it got fixed today^^

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

from patch note
“Added a Mystic Forge recipe to change the stats on ascended weapons and armor. "

I think the reason they dont have a recipe for trinkets is because they dont have any material for trinkets like insignia for weapons or inscription for armors.

Also, some trinkets have really weird stats. Look at those fractal ones.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

(edited by NTDK.4897)

Hylox.9746

well i hope they fix it soon cuz i got a bunch of trinkets that need to have their stats swapped

Posted by: Placebo Effect.4508

Placebo Effect.4508

I’m hoping they at least run a bunch of WvW tournaments again, giving players access to cheap-ish ascended trinkets. Waiting to gather enough laurels is a pain.

Hylox.9746

yeah i’ve been w8ing for that too

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

This is from reddit, but arenanet developer said quite openly that trinkets would not and likely will not have a stats swapping system like the weapons and armour.

However: “There are plans… for things… and stuff… If I personally had a boat load of useless ascended rings laying around, I would not be deleting them right now.” — Linsey Murdock

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

from patch note
“Added a Mystic Forge recipe to change the stats on ascended weapons and armor. "

I think the reason they dont have a recipe for trinkets is because they dont have any material for trinkets like insignia for weapons or inscription for armors.

Also, some trinkets have really weird stats. Look at those fractal ones.

Of course there are matrials like insignias/inscriptions for trinkets, thats the exquisite jewels.
However, the choice is very limited, rabid for example isnt on offer.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.