Kick system : feature patch 15th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hayde.6350

Hayde.6350

Hi,

I had a question if the kick system will also be fixed in the feature patch?
I mean this is the moment to switch the 2 men kicks into a more fair system.

At the moment 90% of the rewards people want, is gained at the end of instances like dungeons and fractals which give a daily gold bonus/tokens/ascended stuff at the end. Or make sure people get a fair amount of loot every fractal (instead after a complete run) or part of the dungeon. Or make kicking harder.

Just now I got kicked again in fractals, we were in the 3th fractal. And cause someone lost the hammer and I asked if he was trolling. I got kicked. I can’t report them, I can’t block them, I can’t blacklist them, party chat is gone and I just can’t do a thing about it. They were slacking off the whole run. But because im nog german/french/spanish or w.e. these guys were talking I get probably for some guildy.

Why make everything instanced and then introduce this weird kick system. This should be the number 1 priority and not some wardrobe system, it wont earn them money….

People have been complaining about this abuse since release. Please fix this already.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The kick system isn’t broken. Just right click on the offenders’ names in chat and report them for scamming.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

The kick system isn’t broken but it’s not well done either. It needs to be changed. There’s no evidence at all that it’s part of the coming feature patch though and I strongly suspect it isn’t.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The kick system isn’t broken. Just right click on the offenders’ names in chat and report them for scamming.

You must be joking. Have you ever been kicked and done what you mention? No. Because I never ever got the /p chat kept after being kicked. Did you?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You must be joking. Have you ever been kicked and done what you mention? No. Because I never ever got the /p chat kept after being kicked. Did you?

They “fixed it” a while back. When you get kicked from a party, the chat stays active, when you’re still on the same map. The only minor thing they forgot is that when you get kicked out of a party inside of the instance, you change maps the second you get kicked, because you’re not only getting booted from the party, but from the instance itself.

Would be nice if they went a little further with their “fix”. Or at least add an option in report section for abuse that keeps track of your record up to 5 minutes prior…

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

If the chat system even allowed it in its current state, how would you prove it?

People shouldn’t be afraid to kick someone for leeching in case they get reported for the kick. Obviously some people kick at the end of instances to get a friend in but the majority of the reports will be the case of the OP where they were spending too much time in chat whining about everything rather than doing their job and wanting to report.

I’d kick them too. If you got time to cry, you got time to fight.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Reporting doesn’t really do anything, it’s just a feel better button, there isn’t any justice.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Sorry, but, party member kick feature is SEVERELY broken.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

more than the kick feature.

I wish they’d fix it so that the whole party doesnt get forced out of the instance if the opener leaves.

Perhaps something similar..if you’re kicked, instead of being sent to map, you’re sent to another instance at same stage/place.
Strike that, dungeon sellers would love that XD.

I think kick system should require 3 not 2 people. Its not much better, but it’s a little. but sometimes kicks are necessary when they leave, when you state lv80 only(and some lv 50 or 60 keeps trying to enter…I would like if kicked…. they couldn’t re-enter your party, =.= ..)

Even if you could keep the chat….there’s no way to know who ‘kicked’ you. Who do you report?

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

How many people have been banned through this. That’s right 0.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

I think they are fixing the ‘instance owner’ issue, I saw reference to it somewhere in the feature pack info.

About the other 2 seconds (ie 3 votes total) to kick would probably fix most potential abuses.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

How many people have been banned through this. That’s right 0.

How do you know? There may have been. We really don’t know and saying definitively ‘NO ONE’ is most certainly wrong.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Getting kicked in an instance should down you and you have to click a respawn dialog to exit the instance. This would allow for reporting (and ranting / threatening…not sure if that is desirable or can be blocked) before you left the map.

Do a screen cap before you enter the instance (when everyone reports ‘1’). That way you have all the party names in the image to report them later.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)