QOL: LFG blocker (full maps)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

A have a simple QOL request that will make life so much easier and so much less frustrating:

When you post your squad in the LFG tool you will get the message:
“The map has reached it’s maximum population. New members cannot join on your map until people leave. Are you sure you want to post your squad/party in this tab.”

In retrospect, when you look at the tab, it should show a little red eye-icon next to some squads so when you hover over it, it will show the message:
“The squad or party advertised is on a map instance whose population has reached the capacity cap. If you join, you will not be able to enter their instance until another participant leaves the map"

Adding these two messages to the LFG tool will save SO many headaches. How often when I try to get on an active map I have to sift through 10 squads of full maps until I get either blocked for joining too many parties or give up from frustration.

|| and while we’re at it, can we also have a queue, even though that’s a little off-topic.
Just like “the map you’re trying to join is full, but you can join the queue to receive an import invitation as soon as the queue is up. Do not leave the map if you choose to join the queue”. That would be great. ||

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I agree. It gets rather tiring.

I went to Dragon’s Stand once some time ago. I joined a group advertising in LFG a few minutes before the map reset, and tried to join them in their instance. Well all I got was a message box on screen that said something about an error and to check my internet connection. I kept trying to join that squad in their instance, even leaving and regjoining the squad in LFG, up until sever minutes after the map had reset and the events started. I just kept getting the same weird error message, not allowing me to enter their instance, and I just gave up and went somewhere else. To my understanding, once the meta event starts in Dragon’s Stand, no new players can join an instance in progress, even if there’s room in the map.

Mad King’s Labyrinth during Halloween is notorious for this. I enter the map, join a group in LFG, then try to switch to that groups instance, only to get a message saying the map is full. Often times I have to try 10 or more groups before I finally an instance that isn’t full yet.

What I wish would happen is a group advertising in LFG would be automatically removed from LFG when the instance they’re advertising in becomes full, and a message being sent to the player who advertised the instance letting them know it’s full. And yeah, a message saying the map they’re advertising is full would be nice also.

It’s really frustrating having to spend a good 10 minutes just trying to find a map that has room for you. And it’s hard not to get mad at people in LFG who didn’t remove their group when the instance became full.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, indeed, I’d like to see something like that.

In addition, LFG and map closures work as if they were designed for a game that didn’t have the dynamic instancing system used by GW2. It should be possible to queue for a full map, if you want, and to see where you are in the queue. Maps shouldn’t close just before the meta nor right after, at least not for zones where the meta is set to an absolute timer (i.e. all four original HoT maps + Dry Top).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

So much agreed. Joining a squad but repeatedly getting map full errors is no fun at all.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Good Idea but it’s time LFG got the love it really needs instead of the poorly implemented tool it is.