QOL Suggestion: Portal Scrolls

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tsumiju.3071

Tsumiju.3071

Each zone brings us a new portal scroll, which I find a handy way to get around the new areas and shared account slots are a worthwhile way to make use of these. However it would be of huge benefit to be able to “stack” these and create a combined item that offers a destination choice when used!

Hopefully others will agree and the devs will take note

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Each zone brings us a new portal scroll, which I find a handy way to get around the new areas and shared account slots are a worthwhile way to make use of these. However it would be of huge benefit to be able to “stack” these and create a combined item that offers a destination choice when used!

Hopefully others will agree and the devs will take note

+1 for this suggestion

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’ve had this in my mind too, as 4 scrolls is getting my inventory a bit swamped, and new scrolls are likely to be expected. Bit like the fractal permanent potion solution.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Tsumiju.3071

Tsumiju.3071

I’ve got three at the moment and I can’t justify adding a 4th scroll to my row of shared slots at the moment, plus my inventory is pretty maxed out already so this would free up a few slots and allow players a little more freedom with what they can carry!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

+1 to this idea

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’ve got three at the moment and I can’t justify adding a 4th scroll to my row of shared slots at the moment, plus my inventory is pretty maxed out already so this would free up a few slots and allow players a little more freedom with what they can carry!

To be honest, I found them only useful for porting alts to said maps without doing story or using teleport to friends.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Well… the first three allow you to avoid paying a waypoint fee every time. You’re essentially replacing paying a couple of silver each time with paying 50s once.

The Lake Doric one… eh. It’s literally next door to DR, so all it really does is allow you to skip the story step.

Going back on topic… a portal scroll ‘book’ would be nice. Would mean I can just stick it into a shared slot rather than juggling the individual scrolls between characters.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed – hope to see that idea implemented.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

For me it’s a free port to do daily specifics of those maps. Like bloodstone fen is pretty far from say Ascalon, portaling from there in one go, spares like 4-5 silver (wp), and time (double load screen to one). And it’s also good for alts of course.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t bother getting them because, for me, it’s more trouble than it’s worth to spend time managing the scrolls.

If it’s not possible to bundle the scrolls together, I wonder if it’s easier for ANet to set up the Hall of Monuments as a hub. Everyone has access to a free HoM Portal Stone already, so just the one instance would need to be altered to include ports to the various zones. (A little less convenient for us, since it means two loading screens instead of one. On the other hand, the HoM is probably the quickest loading instance in the game.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m on the same side as Illconceived as far as whether or not the portal scrolls are worth getting; to me, they’re just a bit of a hassle to shuffle them around, and so it’s not worth it. That being said, I’d love to see a keychain or other option to combine portal scrolls/stones, or (as was suggested above) a new hub in the HoM for those who have bought those items.