[QoL Change] Highlight Heart Perimeters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Hi I think it would be a lot more less annoying if when in the vicinity of a heart activity, the map highlights the perimeters of that activity. This way when I am doing the activity I know where to look for what is required to complete it.

Does anyone understand what I’m trying to convey? lol.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I hear you, but at the same time, context usually takes care of this. Like, if a Heart says to kill centaurs and destroy centaur siege weapons, there aren’t usually vast fields of centaurs in all directions and you only get credit for killing a specific area of them.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Yes!

I think this would be a neat idea- a golden border that can be turned either on or off, whatever your preference is.

We already have a similar system in place for events (an orange ring), which is pretty handy. I think it would be more helpful if it was a bit more exact for tasks though.

I’ve seen people really struggle with tasks because they’ve found something that contributes to the task and don’t want to check if there is a better area (more spawns, different activity) for fear that they’d be out of range. Moreover, some of the areas covered by tasks are very obscure shapes which can be confusing for most people- especially when there are two tasks very close to each other and you keep switching between them.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

it would be nice if a border appeared when you hovered over the heart in question.

some hearts are very misleading in their zone area, and some feature enemies you can kill that exist outside of their zone. these aren’t exactly common, but it would certainly be a good QoL improvement.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Jelzouki.4128

I hear you, but at the same time, context usually takes care of this. Like, if a Heart says to kill centaurs and destroy centaur siege weapons, there aren’t usually vast fields of centaurs in all directions and you only get credit for killing a specific area of them.

Sometimes I find myself in the wrong spot looking for the thing required to complete the activity but because the area is so large I have no idea where to go and not go whereas if there was a perimeter I could instantly know the other half of the area is where the majority of things to complete are….if that makes sense.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Jelzouki.4128

Yes!

I think this would be a neat idea- a golden border that can be turned either on or off, whatever your preference is.

We already have a similar system in place for events (an orange ring), which is pretty handy. I think it would be more helpful if it was a bit more exact for tasks though.

I’ve seen people really struggle with tasks because they’ve found something that contributes to the task and don’t want to check if there is a better area (more spawns, different activity) for fear that they’d be out of range. Moreover, some of the areas covered by tasks are very obscure shapes which can be confusing for most people- especially when there are two tasks very close to each other and you keep switching between them.

Yeah I just realized this is technically already in game with the events system they just need to bring it to the hearts now.