QoL Emotes

QoL Emotes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novae.7801

Novae.7801

Is there any chance we ever get a /talk emote? I know the RP’ers have been asking for years but I think content creators could also greatly benefit from a simple emote. There are many emotes we had in GW1 not in GW2 but I think think one would serve the most utility.

Just a simple /talk that makes your characters mouth move for 5 seconds would be greatly appreciated. It could be limited to open world and inactive during instanced content so as not to interfere with cutscenes.

I know this would be extremely low priority right now with launch and halloween content imminent but I’d love to see it on the agenda for early 2016.

Anyone wish we had this? General thoughts?

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I would love more emotes. I get some good use out of the ones we have, but it’s a pretty short list, even compared to GW1.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

QoL Emotes

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

yes agreed. we need more emote’s it makes the immersion in the game a lot better + from a gameplay standpoint a talk command can be used by npc’s which makes em look way more alive instead of static.

also emote’s like: /Death and such would be great for the RP Community…
how about we make a list with al sorts of emote’s here on the forums 1 list which maybe with enough comments can get anets attention? I believe a lot of people would like this!

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

All I ever asked for…was a /hug

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

It should be whenever you say something in /say, would be a huge help for machinima as well…

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want my /flex back. I need my manlyness!

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

QoL Emotes

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

yep, having it being an emote that happens automaticaly each time you use /s would be the best option IMO.
if they want to add more to it, add 3 emotes, one for regular chat, other for querstions and other for exclamations (depending if you end your sentence with . ? or ! )

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Actually, I’d like to see character names be selectable within an emote.

Y’know that putz that spams /dance at 4000 range (and I can still see it, because reasons)? I’d love to block him.

Meanwhile, we do need more emotes.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I’d like them to update /dance. Since a couple are based on popculture, it’s only right to keep them updated every 2-3years.
And I already have the Dance Book, it’s not the same. So I don’t want a Vol2.

Kitten.

QoL Emotes

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

/agree

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.