[QoL] Parking in Guild Hall

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

• Request/Suggestion for an Option to Park Characters in our Guild Halls*

We can do it at the Royal Terrace, and to my knowledge the Airship as well. In Guild Wars 1 also. With Guild Halls in game now, this would be a Godsend for a few reasons I could think of below.

• Faster load times compared to most major cities and especially the newer maps (ehem LA).
• Hit guild gathering nodes before taking off to the land of Tyria.
• Checking in with folks prepping events while doing your own prep work.
• Inst-Repair, bank access, guild bank access.
• Proc/See/Check on guild hall progression and seeing what is still needed instead of hounding that one guy who happens to be in the Hall when you ask. Adds a bit of added emphasis on the Hall itself.
• Guild Portal. Sure it has limited uses, but if you’re trying to hurry up and get to a mission etc it’s there, it’s helpful, and hell….we earned it already might as well use it.

I could go on and on, and I’m sure others have their own reasons. I get that people enjoy the ability to hop into guild hall, do what’s needed to be done & then exit and go back to the last place they were in the open world. That discussion is the purpose of these forums. Who knows maybe even have it as an option to “Stay in Guild Hall upon relog/character select” or simply uncheck the box and don’t do that.

Regardless, I know I’d love it to death as well as many friends and guild members I’ve talked about it with. All input appreciated.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Bumping thread cuz this needs to happen. When I first heard about the guild halls I assumed that you could park your toons there.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yet another thing that you could do in Guild Wars 1, but for some unexplained reason, you can’t do in this game.

BTW OP, love your signature.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I’d like to see this option as well. They allowed it in GW1, is there some reason it shouldn’t work in GW2?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yes you can also do it in Airship (somewhat recent change). It’s one of the greatest QoL changes they ever made for me haha.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

• Request/Suggestion for an Option to Park Characters in our Guild Halls*

We can do it at the Royal Terrace, and to my knowledge the Airship as well. In Guild Wars 1 also. With Guild Halls in game now, this would be a Godsend for a few reasons I could think of below.

• Faster load times compared to most major cities and especially the newer maps (ehem LA).
• Hit guild gathering nodes before taking off to the land of Tyria.
• Checking in with folks prepping events while doing your own prep work.
• Inst-Repair, bank access, guild bank access.
• Proc/See/Check on guild hall progression and seeing what is still needed instead of hounding that one guy who happens to be in the Hall when you ask. Adds a bit of added emphasis on the Hall itself.
• Guild Portal. Sure it has limited uses, but if you’re trying to hurry up and get to a mission etc it’s there, it’s helpful, and hell….we earned it already might as well use it.

I could go on and on, and I’m sure others have their own reasons. I get that people enjoy the ability to hop into guild hall, do what’s needed to be done & then exit and go back to the last place they were in the open world. That discussion is the purpose of these forums. Who knows maybe even have it as an option to “Stay in Guild Hall upon relog/character select” or simply uncheck the box and don’t do that.

Regardless, I know I’d love it to death as well as many friends and guild members I’ve talked about it with. All input appreciated.

Although it would be cool, the Guild Hall is essentially an instance. And for whatever reason, the game doesn’t allow logging into an instance. It would be the same as parking a character in a dungeon, as dungeons are instances. There are a multitude of reasons to allow logging into a dungeon directly would be a terrible idea.

Also the Royal Terrace and Airship are part of the map itself designated as a landmark, instead of an instance. Which is why they can allow logging directly to those places.

It could be something they did purposely in order to prevent abuse, or simply a side effect of the very nature of instances that prevent from logging into directly.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

There’s no real potential for “abuse” and the limitation is probably just a technical hurdle since they actually unmount guild hall instances when they are not occupied and don’t have an existing infrastructure to log directly in to instances.

I’d like for this to happen, even if logging in placed the characters at the waypoint as it does currently when zoning in.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ