QoL Suggestion (overdue) : Build Sets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Starfall Leyline.2481

Starfall Leyline.2481

Build Sets

Being able to set up a “build” for your character so that you can quickly switch between traits and class-specific options while out of combat. There would be 3 slots, with perhaps the option to purchase more build slots per-character from the gemstore.

Why This Is Important

Many times, you encounter different situations in gameplay that would benefit from different builds. As a mesmer main, one of my best examples of this is a general combat build, vs. a “jumping puzzle” build where I reduce fall damage and increase glamour skill time for portals, and a focused boss DPS build, all of which use different setups. Another example would be revenants who want to switch between DPS and support based builds.

Currently, to do so, you have to stop, then dig through every specialization and trait line and set it manually, and have some recording of what your previous build was if you haven’t already memorized it from the number of times you’ve had to switch back and forth. Especially if you also need to swap out gear, this can take several minutes.

Implementing this would make life a lot easier for players, and would be greatly appreciated. While I’m not expecting this “pronto,” it’s been requested long enough and frequently enough (some of the first posts in the quality of life suggestions thread include this) that it ought to have been on the dev’s radar for a while now.

Please add build saving/loading to the game, and you will have a lot of grateful players.

(edited by Starfall Leyline.2481)

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

+1

makes it easier to swap to another build, if your current one got kittened with the latest patch

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

With new elites due, this becomes ever more impirtant as well

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Absolutely. I’d definitely end up buying more slots, too, as I’m a fairly flip-floppy fellow.

The class is always greener on the other side.