QoL: auto-accept rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Q:

Hi! I’d love to see an option in GW2 to auto-accept loot boxes right into my inventory without interaction added to the game. You know the ones: bopping away in the bottom right, click on them, click accept, and you get something in the inventory as a reward for doing the thing.

Very occasionally they do something more: show the dailies, require you to select a reward from a choice of several, etc. I’m specifically not talking about those ones, just the ones that are “accept this reward” and nothing more.

Early on, they were kind of cool, in the sense that they show things happening, but … I’m over that, I guess? Like, now it’s just a hassle. Most of the time I just try and ignore them, until I run through enough — and that ends up just auto-accepting most of the rewards anyway.

So, yeah, can we have an option to directly drop those into the inventory? That’d be great!

cough or an acknowledgement that automating this wouldn’t be a problems, if a third party happened to do so.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The problem with auto-accept is that… well people ignore stuff that they don’t interact with. Is it really a ‘reward’ if you don’t notice you got it?

There are plenty of examples of this in the game already: people with autoloot think they missed getting ground chest rewards at Tequatl & Other world bosses, many folks think they don’t get spirit shards, and very few of us have any idea how much (or how little) gold we get from foe deaths — these are all things autodeposited to inventory or our wallet.

Mind you, the interactions could be much easier. Currently, you have to quick in an awkward corner of the screen, then you’re confronted with a modal dialogue box in the middle of your screen, and then you still might have a chest to open. (Although personally, I like being able to save up certain specific chests for later.)

On the other hand, you’re also correct that a ton of these rewards end up being auto-accepted anyhow, since the game isn’t willing to keep track of more than ~4 bouncy dailies and ~7-8 other types of bouncies.

As a result, I think the only way that ANet can address this at all is to overhaul the UI for bonus rewards. And that isn’t something that they can do easily. Or quickly.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If they are that annoying then just click on them to deposit them. Its not going to kill you

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

Right-click to accept would be a nice compromise.

It’s aggravating to have to click a flashing, bouncing chest and clear the popup for two salvage items and a green.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

If it’s that much of a concern about people not realising they get auto-consumed, just make the option switched off by default. Then people can discover it and enable it for themselves, and should know what to expect.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

If it’s that much of a concern about people not realising they get auto-consumed, just make the option switched off by default. Then people can discover it and enable it for themselves, and should know what to expect.

Seems reasonable, the same as the auto-loot option. I’d like that option, I don’t think that clicking on a bouncy chest to bring up a dialog box that I accept in order to get another, actual chest deposited into my inventory that I then double click to open is all that great a design. Too many clicks to get to the actual loot.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I usually let them accumulate in the right bottom, bouncing and all, so I can look at them later, without worrying about getting my inventory full in the middle of a long mission.
A “consume all” option in that zone would be great for me.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

SlippyCheeze.5483

I usually let them accumulate in the right bottom, bouncing and all, so I can look at them later, without worrying about getting my inventory full in the middle of a long mission. A “consume all” option in that zone would be great for me.

They actually auto-accept already after four chests build up, as far as I can tell. FWIW, in case you wonder why it’s not quite doing what you would expect.

SlippyCheeze.5483

Seems reasonable, the same as the auto-loot option. I’d like that option, I don’t think that clicking on a bouncy chest to bring up a dialog box that I accept in order to get another, actual chest deposited into my inventory that I then double click to open is all that great a design. Too many clicks to get to the actual loot.

I probably wasn’t clear enough, but … this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind: an option that can be turned on, if someone cares enough to find it and click the box on. By default, behave as it does today.

I mean, I know I’m not always like other people when it comes to how I think of this stuff, but it’s … I just really prefer to deal with my rewards later, and it’s more enjoyable to open a half dozen daily reward chests in one shot, rather than clicky-clicky accept them and then do the opening bit, for me.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I usually let them accumulate in the right bottom, bouncing and all, so I can look at them later, without worrying about getting my inventory full in the middle of a long mission. A “consume all” option in that zone would be great for me.

They actually auto-accept already after four chests build up, as far as I can tell. FWIW, in case you wonder why it’s not quite doing what you would expect.

I haven’t revised lately, but I know I have had as many as 8 bouncy chests there. You’ll never see more than 3, but if you open one of them, the 4th will appear in its place (and so on).

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If you play WvW you will learn to resent these things. They hold you hostage too as they will overflow if you have too many into your bag anyways.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I haven’t revised lately, but I know I have had as many as 8 bouncy chests there.

The queue used to be bigger but that was years ago.

Posted by: DocRimpel.5280

DocRimpel.5280

The problem with auto-accept is that… well people ignore stuff that they don’t interact with. Is it really a ‘reward’ if you don’t notice you got it?

There are plenty of examples of this in the game already: people with autoloot think they missed getting ground chest rewards at Tequatl & Other world bosses, many folks think they don’t get spirit shards, and very few of us have any idea how much (or how little) gold we get from foe deaths — these are all things autodeposited to inventory or our wallet.

I agree with this, I have found autoloot to not loot some boss chests and I’m not sure under what conditions it happens so I end up trying to loot them anyway just in case.
Unlike the OP I would actually like to see the autoloot from big chests appear as a bouncy chest to accept so it is clear that you received it.

As for the interaction how about a key bind for accept next reward, and let the enter key trigger the OK button on the dialog.