QoL change for action camera

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I do love the new action camera, but there is one glaring issue that has been bugging me to no end.

Left click obviously attacks what ever target with your 1 skill so long as its held down. Right click became an option to target an opponent which is great and means I can reliably target with the dot.

However, Left + Right Click is run forward. If you happen to be trying to target an opponent while using auto attack on another, your character stops what it is doing and walks forward. Neither selecting the target or continuing the attack. The moment you let go of the right click your character just stands there unresponsive.

I don’t know how many time after targeting an opponent in pvp, I’ve been standing around doing nothing because of the above said combo, when I actually mean to be attacking the new target. This happens very often when fighting targets that have lots of stealth or during a fast paced fight.

Please give us an option to disable the right+left click option so that the attack can functions on the new target without being interrupted by walking or have the game recognize and resume attacking the new target after letting right click go.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

So far as QoL for the action camera goes here is my list-

1) Allow us to turn the cross-hair off. This is necessary for Norn where (even with the camera at max vertical distance) the cross-hair is in the middle of my character’s head. We don’t really need the cross-hair so give those of us who want to use the action camera to save on RSI the option to turn it off.

2) Allow the assignment of the right mouse button. I’d prefer that this works like a free camera so I can take screenies of my character from the front without exiting action camera mode.

3) I’d like opening UI elements to toggle the action camera off for the duration they are opened and to go back on when the elements are closed. I’m not sure what the default behaviour is supposed to be but I’ve had some weird issues when opening the UI with action camera on.

4) Allow the movement of the camera off centre of the character. This isn’t something that I would use but I know a lot of players would be more comfortable with an over-the-shoulder angle, give us the option to do that.