QoL suggestion - Consumables Bar

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SquidONE.2908

SquidONE.2908

Make the shared slots visible on screen as a consumables bar!

Attachments:

Posted by: Robert Williams.4872

Robert Williams.4872

That’d be great, but it clutters up the screen a bit. How about it being a keybind to make the menu show up, though?

Robert Williams.4872

And instead of just Shared Slots, selected Items or something. I don’t think too many people have a line of Shared Slot inventory, just ready for a full consumables bar.

SquidONE.2908

That’d be great, but it clutters up the screen a bit. How about it being a keybind to make the menu show up, though?

They could resize the bar so it won’t clutter the screen too much. Otherwise a show/hide checkbox with or without keybind would be enough for me.

And instead of just Shared Slots, selected Items or something. I don’t think too many people have a line of Shared Slot inventory, just ready for a full consumables bar.

The bar will show only as many shared slots as you have.

Robert Williams.4872

Well, a consumables bar might not be as convenient if only with shared slots; people just buying HoT probably only have 1 (including me, though I’ve played for years now).

It’d feel more like you’d have to sacrifice a convenience for another, if it’s shared slots only.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Or the devs can work on providing players a customizable user interface?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I don’t necessarily want everything in my shared slots to show on-screen. I wouldn’t want to consume something accidentally, or activate salvage in the middle of a fight, etc.

I think a consumables bar should be separate.

SquidONE.2908

Well, a consumables bar might not be as convenient if only with shared slots; people just buying HoT probably only have 1 (including me, though I’ve played for years now).

It’d feel more like you’d have to sacrifice a convenience for another, if it’s shared slots only.

Totally agree. But after 4 years of this feature being requested continuosly i’ll be happy with shared slots functioning as a consumable bar. I mean, the code is there… they just have to make it show on screen like a single bar. More sales on shared slots… maybe if they’ll see some profit they would take action and do something about it.

Robert Williams.4872

Should the items in said Consumable Bar have keybinds in order to use them quickly?

(For instance, keybind O to swamp armor in consumable bar, drink potion of Scarlet Armies Slaying, eat Golden Fried Dumplings, all at once)

Robert Williams.4872

Also, Squid, NEVER settle for less QoL if the only way they’ll do it is if they can make a profit; These features help ease player experience, encourage newer players, and overall just make the game more enjoyable.

These suggestions should be what we would like to see in the game; Leave profit making to them.

SquidONE.2908

I don’t necessarily want everything in my shared slots to show on-screen. I wouldn’t want to consume something accidentally, or activate salvage in the middle of a fight, etc.

I think a consumables bar should be separate.

Also, Squid, NEVER settle for less QoL if the only way they’ll do it is if they can make a profit; These features help ease player experience, encourage newer players, and overall just make the game more enjoyable.

These suggestions should be what we would like to see in the game; Leave profit making to them.

How about… let’s look at this as an improvement over the shared slots till they implement a proper consumables bar. A consumable bar that can be customized for each character… and when they’ll do that they can put the shared slots on top of it making it a 2 row consumable bar.

Posted by: Kantid.3571

Kantid.3571

Alternate variant: make able to open any selected bag in separate minimalistic window. So you do not need to hold all your inventory open – but only one bag.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Alternate variant: make able to open any selected bag in separate minimalistic window. So you do not need to hold all your inventory open – but only one bag.

Yes. Because theres a point where too many hot bars is you playing a game about managing hot bars.

Posted by: Dagre.2185

Dagre.2185

please not shared slots. just an action bar, even just one slot would make me happy but 5 would be great. I don’t care if I have to spend 5000 gems a slot(please no) I’d like to put siege and shovels in there. Wouldn’t mind food/utility to fit in there somewhere but it’s one of the less annoying things since its every 30-60 minutes. Screwing around with bags every 10-30 seconds(chest train) to do something is annoying, especially when we’re stuck with all bags either open or closed. Lets not even get into having to have bags open in WvW…

I don’t understand how some of these UI decisions have lasted 4 years, let alone past beta.

(edited by Dagre.2185)

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Being able to access items from your inventory such as consumables without having to display the entire thing would be useful however it should not be based upon the shared inventory bar. You should be able to link individual items to it regardless of whether they are in shared slots or personal to that particular character.
A single customisable toolbar should be sufficient that the user can place on the screen in a convenient location and choose if it is horizontal or vertical.

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Totally agree. But after 4 years of this feature being requested continuosly i’ll be happy with shared slots functioning as a consumable bar. I mean, the code is there… they just have to make it show on screen like a single bar. More sales on shared slots… maybe if they’ll see some profit they would take action and do something about it.

Pardon me for sounding so negative, but… AN seems to notoriously disregard QoL request.
I can only guess it may be a management policy to strongly prioritize marketable new features over QoL changes that won’t make it to gaming news front pages, sell copies or gems.

By my observation the vast majority of QoL requests, even those with highly plausibility and low expenditure, are at best postponed until the dolyaks come home.

There is a lot AN does right and often better than other MMO studios, yet in that point they have much headroom for improvement.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Robert Williams.4872

Well, Plok, suggesting ideas that ask for QoL might make a Dev think twice to seeing if there is interest in these features; it’d show how much we’re willing to go for to have these QoLs, and possibly give suggestions that they may not have thought about at first, until suggested.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Not sure we need a bar, just an option to ‘re-consume’ a food when it expires would be great and not need more clicking. Of course that wouldn’t work for shovels.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

rename your thread to "Qol bring back the costumisable ui from gw1