Quality of Life Features we need

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

The next time they do a features update, what would you like to see?

I would like to see these, in no particular order:

1) The ability to save builds and gear.

Common sense no? It’s a feature WoW has had for years now and It’s pretty much up there as one of the most in demand features for the game.

2) The option to copy and past link’s into the chat bar.

Also another feature wow has had for years. How annoying is it if someone in the guild wants to post a youtube link to you for example and you have to type all of the html out?? This goes for anything, like Dulfy links, wiki links or metabattle.

3) Race Change option

Also another in demand feature. As for personal story, a race change would simply be like starting the story again, just as you woudl if you made a brand new toon. Except you wouldn’t be losing all your levels and gear.

4) LFG in Raid

Pretty obvious and it’s insane it was not made part of the HOT expansion in the first place.

5) The ability to advertise in lfg while in a squad

Related to the lfg for raid. Why can’t we do this?

These are my personal main 5. I’m sure you all can think of more.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They have posted in various places that they are working on or would like to work on all except race change. Race change they have stated would be more work than benefit and they will not be doing this.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Option to turn off allies name plates in party/raid/squad. This would be amazing since your screen gets so cluttered doing HoT meta events.

Kitten.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I agree with all but #3

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

1, 2 & 3 i agree with but dunno about the others. Mines would be :

1) Harvesting tools skin on wardrobe.

2) Gem store item skins should be trans free! Only items from in game should require them.

3) Visual Noise to be brought as an option to have ( i want my fireballs back ! ) and those who like the current visuals can keep it that way with the checked box

edited for other list*

4) Tonic wardrobe too

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Option to turn off allies name plates in party/raid/squad. This would be amazing since your screen gets so cluttered doing HoT meta events.

Toggle squad option?

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) Build templates. Yes we all want them. They said they want to do it, but before HoT they didn’t worked on that yet. My guess is that we’ll get that before the next expansion so anywhere from 6 months to 2 years?

2) This will come with Build template I guess.

3) Won’t gonna happen

4 and 5) LFG for raid. They are working on it. I’m kind of kitten that they won’t give us just 2 tab, 1 for HoT and 1 for raid so the LFG stop being such a mess. But they seem to want to change everything in one shot. I hope we gonna have that for the next wing, but i doudt it. We probably gonna have that in game with the summer patch, maybe with the 3rd wing in like 5-6 months.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I choose a build template, along with gear swap too if possible. Maybe put in a restriction to have the gear in the inventory before swapping, if you must. Build templates can be chosen from a list and numbered or have their unique description, and can be selected regardless of the area you are in, whether you are in fractals, dungeons, wvw, pvp, HoT or tyria.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What about a keyring? (yeah, it keeps being brought up…)

Also, hopefully we get an update for the Mystic forge. Would be really nice to either have it keep the items in it after using it for specific recipes (like amalgamated gemstones, superior siege, clovers, etc.) or put a counter on it like what we have for crafting. The forge requires too many clicks currently. First option I would think would be the easiest and wouldn’t really affect the random forging since those items can’t be stacked. I think only sigils/runes are the stackable items where you get a random result?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Option to disable pet / minion / clone names (at least in PvE). The reason why I don’t play minion master is because I hate being surrounded by minion names, lol. I’m one of the people who disable every name in games. In real life you don’t run around with names above your head either… :P

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

In no particular order.

Mini UI at various trading services that allow u to buy custom amounts in bulk. If too bigger numbers have tech limitations then make a stack a default number u can buy instantly, or be able to type a custom number from 1-250.

Key ring.

Wallet or collectible slot for blade shards, or make them tradeable or giftable to friends.

Build & gear templates ofc

Copy/paste from chat yes ofc

Either remove, or enhance inventory items rarity colour so u can actually see it. Currently its so faint, it may as well not be there. Perhaps make the borders much thicker?

Preserving UI settings ie: stop resizing my bags every time i log out of the game.

Stop moving position of my other windows such as bank, crafting etc, to some default position, these things annoy me endlessly on daily basis.

Preserve my last position i was at in bank, crafting UI, or TP until I change it, instead of changing it for me and once again resetting it to default state.

(Very important to me)
Make gathering seamless; a channeling process rather than having to hit the same node over and over and over, especially now that we have to feed the endlessly ravenous vacuum cleaner that is the guild hall. Zomoros, i never though I’d say this, but you’ve been surpassed by heaps and bounds.

Side note: Guild Halls upgrading may not be an issue for big guilds but for a small guild like mine, its mindless boring hell. Nothing fun about it, just big material and gold removal from ppl who can hardly afford it. Just the fact that small guilds have to fork out same amount for upgrades as those mega guilds, is unfair and not well thought out at all. But that’s a discussion for another time.

My argument for this change of gathering (not the first time i asked for it either and i’ll not stop asking for it till they change it), I find it really tiresome how some nodes have that extra hit and being used to getting only 3 things form a node 90% of the time, i start running away from a node thinking its done, but there’s a slight delay before the (F) interact key lights up again between hits, only to find the node isn’t finished and u have to run back, not only wasting even more time but having to do yet more clicking. If you don’t deplete that node it’ll stay that way, it will not reset and nothing worse when its a rich node.

A game, as old as gw1, Lotro, long has had an amazing gathering system for years that saves u so much hand pain. As soon as a node is in your eyesight, you can right click that node and your character auto runs to the node and starts gathering it in a channeling manner untill the node is completely depleted. All this with just 1 right click of your mouse, regardless if that node is standard or rich node. The rich node has a slightly longer channeling, that’s all. But in gw2, just to get 3 chunks of ore, you have to click or hit F for that node 3 times or more if there’s an extra and if its a rich node, well i lose a count how many clicks u have to do, but its a lot.

I know i’ve ranted on this matter a bit, but i think its really an important issue, at least for me, especially now that we have to gather so much if we want to craft ascended/legendaries, upgrade guild halls and so on and i’m not joking when i say this, my hands hurt like hell after playing gw2 for a while. So much clicking its insane, 100 times more than any other game i’ve played and its gotten beyond ridiculous now to a point where i might have to stop playing the game if i want to preserve my hands.

I have many more QoL suggestions, but must stop here, my hands are hurting again.