Quality of Life for travel

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

So for the most part people know that you can get to Lion’s Arch no matter what and go to a different major city to lessen the cost of waypoints, but lots of people have long load times. I don’t, but I also don’t see why it costs something to go from major city to major city. You can’t go where you haven’t been and you can only map complete them once, so it’s in no way game breaking by any means.

Plus most guilds already have the discount on waypoints. So anyway I think it’s a tiny quality of life change that’s easy to implement. So I want to throw it out there.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not clear on what you’re asking, other than something about traveling between major cities.

Do you mean asura gates in each city leading to every other city?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If they have long load times, it’s worth paying the 4 silver or less to go where they want.

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

Plus most guilds already have the discount on waypoints. So anyway I think it’s a tiny quality of life change that’s easy to implement. So I want to throw it out there.

So, now that most (well, not sure about this) guilds have invested a lot of resources to obtain a discount… make it free! I find no logic in this argument.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

One of the selling points for things like the Royal Terrace pass and the craftable city scrolls such as the Lion’s Arch portal scroll is that the travel to that city is free of charge. Removing waypoint fees to cities would remove that feature of these passes.

MoarChaos.8320

To clarify it would just be free from city to city, since it’s safe to assume your character would use an asura gate when you’re not controlling it. So if you feel that invalidates the guild discount then oh no I guess. I just want it easier for my friends and guildies with bad load times. Also oddly enough the royal terrace pass is the one I decided to get.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I feel that WPs play an important role in the economy by deleting some of the coin out of the game just like taxes in the trading post does.

MoarChaos.8320

I’m not asking for waypoint costs to be eliminated. You can already move city to city with no cost, so I think it would be cool for waypoints to reflect that.

Here’s how I see it. Your waypoints are free in major cities because there is no danger and your character might just be walking to that different part of town. So since you can get to another city for free from there using asura gates the same logic can be applied.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

The price you pay is for the luxury of not having to walk to the asura gate. Why is this so hard to understand? Yeah it doesn’t take that much time, but many players feel the cost is acceptable.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meh … the issue pretty much goes away once you get a lv80 character and play for a while.

MoarChaos.8320

The price you pay is for the luxury of not having to walk to the asura gate. Why is this so hard to understand? Yeah it doesn’t take that much time, but many players feel the cost is acceptable.

No need to start being rude, you’re not being attacked by a suggestion. I want this because it’s nice flavor text and helps people with high load time.

Oh and a wide variety of player tips on loading screens would be cool. I heard that it’s usually the same one. I know /wiki isn’t widely known to new players.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I have fairly long loading times, and it’s annoying. But I don’t really see the point in this. Waypointing within cities is already free. If you want to go to a different city, Asura Gates to every major city exist in LA, and an Asura Gate back to LA exists in every major city. Plus, like you already said, guilds also already have reduced waypoint cost upgrades they can use.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

To clarify it would just be free from city to city, since it’s safe to assume your character would use an asura gate when you’re not controlling it. So if you feel that invalidates the guild discount then oh no I guess. I just want it easier for my friends and guildies with bad load times. Also oddly enough the royal terrace pass is the one I decided to get.

How does eliminating waypoint fees reduce loading screen time. There’s a loading screen if you use an asuran portal and a loading screen if you waypoint directly to the other city. The only thing I can think of is if your waypointing to a city portal then going through it instead of way pointing directly. How many people waste time like that instead of spending a silver? Probably not enough to reset city to city waypoint fees for.