Quality-of-Life thing: Map State (Day/Night)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

So, this is a feature that could’ve existed at release, even though not a lot of things depended on it. Essentially, we could have a tiny indicator of what kind of state the map is in.

Just a tiny bar saying whether it’s day/night, a world boss is attacking the area, or a special event is going on (sandstorms) – it could be above the minimap, indicating time of day, and what’s happening in the map. This would make the world at least a little bit more engaging (new to the game? A world boss is attacking the area!? I must find it!).

It seems that in HoT, at least some of the content will depend on whether it’s day or night, but using the event message to say which one it is seems slightly patchworky – like an afterthought. If GW2 is indeed moving to more and more content that’s based on what time of day it is, why not have a little indicator other than the few lighting changes we get ^^

A special bar that would indicate this would work perfectly – it could be above the event list on the top-right side, or above / below the minimap.

At least that way we wouldn’t get a successful event: Sandstorm message :P

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

This was mentioned in another recent thread (and probably more older ones i never saw)

I endorsed it then, i endorse it now.
+1