Quality of life please!

Quality of life please!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Forsaken.7015

Forsaken.7015

I think it would be amazing if crafting was account wide instead of charcater based is this possible? keeping track of recipes across multiple character is annoying. Not sure if it is possible or if anyone feels the same way? whats everyone else think?

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Putting aside the reasons why and arguments for or against….

…one little enhancement I wish for is that a recipe would show you if you already have it on another character. It’s a small issue as I just drop recipes in the bank and pick them up with my crafting toon (i have one toon for all crafting) but it would be a nice QoL.

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I would love if it was possible to have them account bound…for example, I have a totally useless character I’ll never use again that is just there leeching a slot because it got both Armor and Weaponsmith to 500 and I just can’t afford to do all that all over again Q.Q

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Quality of life please!

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

This has come up a few times before.

I’m happy for crafting to be a per-char thing but I would really like bought recipes to be account-wide unlocks. I only learned that they were not account-wide after I bought and consumed an expensive recipe in Dry Top on my non-Jeweller toon so I ended up doing lots more DT events just to get more of the currency I had just wasted.

I’d also like to be able to buy enough extra crafting licences for one toon to have them all available rather than a maximum of 4. Not sure why that limit is there. Lifting the limit would surely be an easy win for the gem shop.

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

I agree, but since there are crafting licenses in the gem store, I doubt it will ever happen.

I had to “forget” leatherworker on my main to learn chef (on top of huntsman) simply not to have to relog to do my daily crafts (spiritwood, deldrimor, elonian leather, oil and food), leaving me with no way to craft damask. Ideally, he would still be leaterworker and possibly scribe so I wouldn’t need to log in other useless characters for the common crafts (I don’t mind reloging for the rare stuff, like ascended equipment).

But again, since there are crafting licenses I’m not willing to pay due to their price, I doubt it will ever change.

Quality of life please!

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

What about people who use crafting to level up?
You wouldn’t be able to do that more than once per profession under this proposal.

No idea why you have “useless characters”, get a metabattle build and play them or park them at node farms and don’t play them.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Would love it if crafting was account wide. It’s kinda annoying having to craft weapons on 1 character, armor on another, and trinkets on another. It would be awesome to have all my recipes and crafting progress available for all characters on my account. Then they could increase the amount of crafting licenses in the gem shop to allow you to have all crafting schools available for all characters. Because with only 3 or 4 slots, you’d have to constantly switch schools to craft everything you needed with 1 character.

The downside: people wouldn’t be able to level up new characters from crafting, because progress would be account wide. They’d actually have to (gasp) play the game instead of spending tons of gold. Or get tomes of knowledge from PvP, daily logins, etc.

Edit: typo

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Crafting is a huge gold sink. It meant to be like this. Do you have an idea what could replace it?

Ad astra per asperas

Quality of life please!

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Crafting is a huge gold sink. It meant to be like this. Do you have an idea what could replace it?

Any intelligent person will only level the expensive professions on a single character. What OP suggested is really just the QoL that you don’t have to switch characters to craft your stuff.

Since people also use crafting to level their characters, how about adding a dialogue to the master craftsmen that allows your character to learn all your account’s recipes?

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I don’t really care bout crafting being account-wide but recipes sure as hell need to be, its a real pain in the kitten when I have to play guessing games as to what character has which recipes.

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Any intelligent person will only level the expensive professions on a single character. What OP suggested is really just the QoL that you don’t have to switch characters to craft your stuff.

Since people also use crafting to level their characters, how about adding a dialogue to the master craftsmen that allows your character to learn all your account’s recipes?

I know, I did them on one toon too, but there are situations when it is a good thing. Like in the leveling of a new toon as you mentioned it. Lot of BL key farmer will angry about a change like this

They can bind them to a mastery line if they want The system is in place for this I think and it’s account bound already.

Ad astra per asperas

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Crafting is limited to a few disciplines for character so you are compelled to make more alts.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Quality of life please!

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Crafting is limited to a few disciplines for character so you are compelled to make more alts.

Wrong … you can level all on one char, you just can only have up to 4 showing at one time. If you need to have another available just take to the trainer to have it activated again. Just a few silver to change to which ever one you want available.

Quality of life please!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I tend to use crafting as part of my leveling process. Not always these days (once upon a time, every character I made had some crafting on it to help with leveling), and even if I don’t necessarily, I think the option needs to remain there for others to use. Making crafting an account bound thing would remove that experience option.

Now, I’m fine with adding a QoL option which makes certain purchased recipes account bound, this way if you have multiples of a craft that can use it (like you have 2 cooks or something) then you can on either one.

Or maybe just a better option for tracking ‘x knows recipe y’.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Quality of life please!

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I think it would be amazing if crafting was account wide instead of charcater based is this possible? keeping track of recipes across multiple character is annoying. Not sure if it is possible or if anyone feels the same way? whats everyone else think?

I can understand having recipes account wide, but I would hate it if I couldn’t level crafting on another character just because an alt of mine did it. So I think what you are trying to say is any unlocked recipes should be account wide. Which I agree with.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Quality of life please!

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I add my +1 to account-wide purchased recipes while leaving crafting character-based.