Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gilgamesh.1025

Gilgamesh.1025

I been getting them for the fast few days now. last week or two weeks ago I was still able to get 8 per harvesting from my home instances. Now I am only getting 3…is this just me or has it been nerf?

I still get 8 candy corn from my home instances. why did they nerf quartz crystal? It already have a time gate on it:(

It will be a year from now before I can even get my Celestial armors and weapons

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t recall ever getting 8 Quartz from a single harvest. Usually 3-4, with the very rare Charged Quartz.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I don’t recall ever getting 8 Quartz from a single harvest. Usually 3-4, with the very rare Charged Quartz.

Same, I get 3-4. Not sure if the world gathering bonus would apply to the Quartz node, I haven’t got a bonus gather on that one yet.

Also you don’t have to wait to gather all your quartz, OP. It’s not soulbound, you can buy it from other players on the Trading Post.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Same here, and same for both the one in the home instance and the ones in the Bazaar if I remember correctly. 3-4 crystals per node, with a rare chance of a charged one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

There is a chance for getting 5. For instance, I got 5, 1, 2 last night.

As for whether the chance changed, I don’t believe so but I don’t think anyone has statistical data to confirm either way.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

You did not mine Quartz Crystals on a Friday which your server had 20% ‘chance for additional gathering node uses’. That couldn’t have been it.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Once I got 13 or something like that… a couple of singles and a couple stacks of 5!!!

But there were many times I got 3. And a couple times I got a charged or two.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Crystal node has been pretty stingy lately, heck, every node feels stingy.

But yes, 3 crystal is a real drag.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There is a chance for getting 5. For instance, I got 5, 1, 2 last night.

As for whether the chance changed, I don’t believe so but I don’t think anyone has statistical data to confirm either way.

Yah, now that you mention it I do recall getting a 5-stack harvest at one point.

Just once or twice, though. In dozens if not hundreds of harvests. Admittedly I have crappy luck, but its probably a pretty low chance of happening with odds like that, not the norm or something to expect.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I been getting them for the fast few days now. last week or two weeks ago I was still able to get 8 per harvesting from my home instances. Now I am only getting 3…is this just me or has it been nerf?

I still get 8 candy corn from my home instances. why did they nerf quartz crystal? It already have a time gate on it:(

It will be a year from now before I can even get my Celestial armors and weapons

Yes, I frequently get 8 crystals at a time. I believe that last occurred for me sometime over the last 3-4 days.

I also have mined a charged crystal on multiple occasions.

Both, I believe are the result of MF and luck. Or maybe just luck. Or maybe because I’m on a very active WvW server.

Hang in there, your luck may come back around.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is just random. The best I’ve gotten so far is the 5 extra crystals and a charged crystal on the same day.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Just mined my node and got 13 crystals. I dont see a nerf

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Gilgamesh.1025

Gilgamesh.1025

Yes, I frequently get 8 crystals at a time. I believe that last occurred for me sometime over the last 3-4 days.

I also have mined a charged crystal on multiple occasions.

Both, I believe are the result of MF and luck. Or maybe just luck. Or maybe because I’m on a very active WvW server.

Hang in there, your luck may come back around.

I have 75 MF so far. I thought the update a week ago changed it. I do remember I normally get 8 from them. I guess it is all base on luck. I did get a charge one along with 8 before.

I guess the normal is 5. I am trying to save some money on buying the recipe for the armor and weapons. They cost as much as 20+ g for one recipe….so much:(

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

It’s random.

Magic find has nothing to do with it. (Although guild gathering bonus may.)

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I got my first charged a couple of days back, from the node.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Got 8 just this moment.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I used to often get more than 3 but in the last week or two its been strictly 3 only so dunno. like others have said, it’s random just seems weird for that random to persist for so long.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: RobmannN.2689

RobmannN.2689

Got charged 3 days in a row. Sometimes get only 3 for a few days then it gets better. I’m sure it all averages out.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Morfedel.4165

So weird, now I have gotten nothing but 3 each time for over a week now. Usually I average better than this.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Piecekeeper.4361

Piecekeeper.4361

I got 8 quartz today. So no, I don’t think it was nerfed.

Hate to say it, but RNG is RNG.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s random. When harvesting Quartz, there is a rare chance to get an extra 5 crystals on a swing, and a very rare chance to get a Charged Quartz Crystal on a swing. (Both don’t proc at the same time, but it’s possible to get 5 extra Quartz on one swing and then a Charged Quartz on another, as happened to me once.)

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Celestial is garbage anyway

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Celestial is garbage anyway

Depends on the class. It’s pretty common among ele’s. It actually makes sense, due to the squishyness and the different atttunements Ele’s can use all stats. Celestial gives a surprisingly good balance for ele’s.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Morfedel.4165

I love celestial… because I’m constantly changing my build.

Yeah. Ok then, guess i’m just unlucky lately

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

I mined 3 yesterday and today i got 3 and 1 charged but i could of swore i got way more than that before last week..

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Crystal node has been pretty stingy lately, heck, every node feels stingy.

But yes, 3 crystal is a real drag.

+1 and I’ll add EVERYTHING in this game is pretty stingy. And the RNG has a flaw, they just haven’t found it yet.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Two days ago I got eight, yesterday three. I haven’t really noticed any changes.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Def something changed. I was mining it every day and consistently getting 8-10 every day. Then a couple days ago bam, only getting 3 everytime.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

no one mentioned that the Guild 10% gathering buff help … im getting 8 or more often

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I find the numbers stated in this thread to be very interesting. Since the day I added my Quartz node to my home instance during the Bazaar, I’ve never once received multiple quartz from a single gathering. Every single gathering I’ve ever done on my quartz node has given only a single quartz regardless of what pick I’ve used. So I have only ever gotten 3 total quartz from mine for a day’s mining of it. Until reading the numbers in this thread I never once thought I should or could be getting more

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: RobmannN.2689

RobmannN.2689

Just got 13 off mine 3 singles and 2 fives.

Quartz Crystal nerfed?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

It’s random. The best I’ve had was 2 charged crystals and 5 normal crystals. The worst, which is almost every day, is one normal crystal.

Then again, I use a green Master Mining Pick from Personal Story rewards specifically for quartz mining. Not sure if it has an effect or not.