Quartz Crystals Price hike

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Price for these crystals has sky rocketed since the HoT expansion. Every guild needs them for ley line tools. Not to mention, celestial gear. Is anyone else concerned that there is only about 4 nodes in the entire game as of right now that feeds the entire market?

Checked some stats in gw2spidy.com. Sell listing volume was about 8 million quartz crystals in early 2015. Right now there are about 85k crystals in the market. Seems like the demand is gonna either stay constant or increase. I think ANet either needs to add Labyrinthine Cliffs back or add several more nodes in dry top / silverwastes.

Thoughts?

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Yes definitely more nodes, currently you are lucky if you get enough quartz for one charged crystal per day, and are thus forced to pay rather obscene amounts for them in TP.

Posted by: Crux Marionn.7925

Crux Marionn.7925

I am actually thankful i didnt even know about these nodes in dry top, gonna head there now but I do also think a few more nodes would be alot nicer

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Where quartz nodes in game o_O
I’ve never seen them; only gather at home instance.

Posted by: Zealoux.5142

Zealoux.5142

there are a couple in Dry Top plus the bug one after Queen Chrii’kkt IV

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Probably will be in christmas gifts this year. Just wait a few weeks.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Don’t know why they keep adding recipe that need quart crystal but never add more of those node. Auric basin look like a good place to add some of them.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Yep, not surprised they’ve gone up.

As you said:

-Ley Infused Tools (for GH)
-Celestial Gossamer Insignias/Orichalcum Imbued Inscriptions (also required for GH)
-Generally for Celestial stuff, the meta has been shaken up a bit- it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of folk are using Celestial gear in HoT maps for extra survivability, but also possibly for raiding

I think it would be difficult to bring back Labyrinthine Cliffs, considering it was a (temporary?) zephyrite settlement, and the zephyrites didn’t fare too well in LS2.

Nikkle has a great point in that quartz price often crashes during Wintersday, so I guess there’s that.

Other than that, I think it’s very tricky to add quartz nodes into the game. Consider that as a material, it’s used in very few areas really and certainly shouldn’t be compared to other mine-able materials.

I would guess that A-net’s plan was to actually increase the value of quartz anyway- it’s certainly not just some coincidence that celestial inscriptions/insignias and ley infused tools are required in fairly large amounts for the GH.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I honestly doubt ANet will add more sources of it, since it’s another hook to keep people playing in Dry Top. That map’s the best place to acquire Coarse Sand and Quartz, so even though I personally would like to see more places to acquire both materials, I can’t see it happening.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The problem is, we didn’t had Bazaar of the 4 Winds this year. That event alone
i think, gave us most of the quartz we needed for the next year.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If they need to they could easily add more nodes to the game simply by giving players who do not have it in their home instance another chance to earn it or just simply sell it in the Gem Store. That would/could be problem solved. I have a few stacks saved up simply from mining my home instance every day so I’m not concerned yet.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Yep, not surprised they’ve gone up.

As you said:

-Ley Infused Tools (for GH)
-Celestial Gossamer Insignias/Orichalcum Imbued Inscriptions (also required for GH)
-Generally for Celestial stuff, the meta has been shaken up a bit- it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of folk are using Celestial gear in HoT maps for extra survivability, but also possibly for raiding

I think it would be difficult to bring back Labyrinthine Cliffs, considering it was a (temporary?) zephyrite settlement, and the zephyrites didn’t fare too well in LS2.

Nikkle has a great point in that quartz price often crashes during Wintersday, so I guess there’s that.

Other than that, I think it’s very tricky to add quartz nodes into the game. Consider that as a material, it’s used in very few areas really and certainly shouldn’t be compared to other mine-able materials.

I would guess that A-net’s plan was to actually increase the value of quartz anyway- it’s certainly not just some coincidence that celestial inscriptions/insignias and ley infused tools are required in fairly large amounts for the GH.

You forgot sheets of of charged ambrite, which are needed for bountiful nourishments, which seem quite popular for raids.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

One thing that is unusual about these nodes is that they can only be harvested once per day per ACCOUNT which is unlike most other standard nodes. Plus the one rich node is behind an event gate. When I really need something I typically send multiple alts after it. For example I rotate through 5-6 alts at the flax farm.

Nope, that doesn’t work with Quartz.

Removing that restriction would help a lot.

(edited by Glass Hand.7306)

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

once guilds get to a certain point they won’t need the quartz tools anymore, or is it something you need always into forever? cause if its just something u need while building the guild up, eventually all these guilds are going to max it out, won’t need it anymore, and the prices will drop again.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I moved one of my mining alts from the flax farm to the quartz crystal in Dry Top.

The flax farm is more profitable for now at current prices (37s vs 32s), but flax prices keep falling and quartz prices keep rising (and I have a bunch of extra frost bitten picks that I would like to burn).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

If they need to they could easily add more nodes to the game simply by giving players who do not have it in their home instance another chance to earn it or just simply sell it in the Gem Store. That would/could be problem solved. I have a few stacks saved up simply from mining my home instance every day so I’m not concerned yet.

1 stack of quartz crystals is only good for 10 Leyline infused tools.
Celestial Insingia requires 125 Quartz crystals.
So unless you never crafted any of those you wouldn’t be concerned indeed.
And “few stacks” which basically translates into 1,5 year of farming your home instance everyday.

Wanze.8410

I dont even think that the stuff for the guild halls is the biggest problem, as its usually people chipping in that dont need charged quartz for themselves and got a couple of drops from t&t bags.

The highest demand atm is from newer players, who craft their first celestial set.
I still have plenty of stacks of recipes for celestial insignias stocked and every couple of days i list a new stack, they sell quite well.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I have around 45 Charged Quartz Crystals sitting in my bank, mostly crafted back when Quartz was way cheaper (I had stacks upon stacks of the stuff from the Bazaar of the Four Winds), and I gotta say, I kinda wish I’d just kept them as Quartz.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. the prices were already rising a lot long before release of HoT.
Bazaar of 4 Winds in Summer would have maybe fixed the prizes again for the
next year … but now they will simply rise to the moon.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Sounds like a good time to head to Dry Top.

…not that Dry Top is ever qualified as “a good time”. >.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Wanze.8410

I have around 45 Charged Quartz Crystals sitting in my bank, mostly crafted back when Quartz was way cheaper (I had stacks upon stacks of the stuff from the Bazaar of the Four Winds), and I gotta say, I kinda wish I’d just kept them as Quartz.

If you want to turn them into gold, either craft sheets of charged ambrite (which sell for 2g atm) or grow lamps, if you have the recipe. That should give a little more than 2g per charged but also takes 10 each.

Beldin.5498

And i had at some point over 200 charged quartz and often crafted celestial armor
pieces just because they were cheaper for me than other. But now i’m more or less
on the last 2 stacks from what i bought last year.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

This week you can farm quartz crystals in Harathi Hinterlands. There are many events in the zone including a big meta event.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

There are 4 crystal nodes in dry top. Two are static locations by crash site 1. The third spawns at crash site 3 or in the inquest base below. The 4th is a rich node in cragrock palace (go to vine bridge WP, then east then south) only accessible starting at ten minutes left of sandstorm (so, 50 minutes past the hour) in a t4 or higher map. The rich node can be reached without aggroing the event by hugging the left wall of the cave.

The only other crystal node is the home instance node (Gift of Quartz can be purchased from the laurel vendor for 25 laurels and 15 gold). This node always provides three crystals, with an additional chance to drop 5 crystals or a charged crystal with each strike.

If you farm all five nodes, you will get a minimum of 22 crystal each day. Note that these can only be farmed once per day per account. Also unlike other harvesting nodes, these nodes will regenerate at reset, even if you just gathered from them.

If anyone needs help finding these, I am happy to show you where they are.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

Misguided.5139

If you want to turn them into gold, either craft sheets of charged ambrite (which sell for 2g atm) or grow lamps, if you have the recipe. That should give a little more than 2g per charged but also takes 10 each.

Why not ley-line infused tools, Wanze (assuming they have the expansion, of course)?

Blaine Tog.8304

I’ve considered it, but since it’s a pretty significant net loss vs. selling a comparable amount of Quartz, for now I’d rather just sit on my dragon horde. At least that way I won’t have to shell out 83 gold if I ever want to make another set of Celestial armor.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Why not ley-line infused tools, Wanze (assuming they have the expansion, of course)?

that would require getting ley line sparks and bloodstone dust

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

the airship for 4 winds already crashed in drytop……
they can’t bring it back without changing something otherwise it will conflict with the lores…..

well, another map created just to be used for a few times.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Misguided.5139

Who doesn’t have bloodstone dust? Sparks are trivial once you can talk to the Nuhoch vendors (you also get 15 from story).

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ah I hate quartz crystals so much. Everything else my guild could cooperate towards getting but these stupid celestial recipes are really screwing us up because it all pretty much relies on one person! If it was just getting the crystals charged I’d be fine with.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Khisanth.2948

Ah I hate quartz crystals so much. Everything else my guild could cooperate towards getting but these stupid celestial recipes are really screwing us up because it all pretty much relies on one person! If it was just getting the crystals charged I’d be fine with.

Why is it relying only on one person?

Wanze.8410

Who doesn’t have bloodstone dust? Sparks are trivial once you can talk to the Nuhoch vendors (you also get 15 from story).

i would rather save my sparks for fulgurite.
And i get between 1-2s per dust profit from toxic nourishments.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

There are 4 crystal nodes in dry top. Two are static locations by crash site 1. The third spawns at crash site 3 or in the inquest base below. The 4th is a rich node in cragrock palace (go to vine bridge WP, then east then south) only accessible starting at ten minutes left of sandstorm (so, 50 minutes past the hour) in a t4 or higher map. The rich node can be reached without aggroing the event by hugging the left wall of the cave.

The only other crystal node is the home instance node (Gift of Quartz can be purchased from the laurel vendor for 25 laurels and 15 gold). This node always provides three crystals, with an additional chance to drop 5 crystals or a charged crystal with each strike.

If you farm all five nodes, you will get a minimum of 22 crystal each day. Note that these can only be farmed once per day per account. Also unlike other harvesting nodes, these nodes will regenerate at reset, even if you just gathered from them.

If anyone needs help finding these, I am happy to show you where they are.

Thanks for the help. I think I saw that the charged quartz crystals were dropping in error and it was stopped an update or two ago. Haven’t seen one since, from the home instance nodes.

TheLastNobody.8319

Because once we charge the quartz crystals, they become account bound.

Khisanth.2948

What stops other people from using them to craft? The recipe sheets are cheap, only around 20s each.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Pretty sure those who don’t have the home instance node can buy it from the Laurel Vendor.

Blaine Tog.8304

What stops other people from using them to craft? The recipe sheets are cheap, only around 20s each.

As a guildless ronin, that still looks like a lot of extra hassle to ask 10-20+ people to go through compared to other mats where you just dump them into the guild bank.

Khisanth.2948

As a guildless ronin, that still looks like a lot of extra hassle to ask 10-20+ people to go through compared to other mats where you just dump them into the guild bank.

That would be relying on one person(to do all the crafting) which was the complaint!

Blaine Tog.8304

That would be relying on one person(to do all the crafting) which was the complaint!

I’m not trying to explain exactly what TheLastNobody was trying to say, just that it looks like a lot more of a hassle.

TheLastNobody.8319

I’m not trying to explain exactly what TheLastNobody was trying to say, just that it looks like a lot more of a hassle.

Appreciated Tog.

Pretty much it’s like this. We could all band together and deposit what resources we had into the guild bank, and then people with the suited crafting level or whatever, could pull the materials out and take what they needed. There was a huge pool to pull from with everyone working together.

Now the charged crystals though being account bound and imperative to getting upgrades, we can pool all our crystals together, but it won’t matter unless one person, and one person only, pulls the crystals and charged them one at a time. So now, in addition to being a time gated, we’re now resource gated as well, because anybody that doesn’t just dump their raw crystal ore into the guild bank and just charges it, will be hindering progress, as well as if the person that is supposed to charge the crystals doesn’t log on and charge them, then they also need to have the necessary requirements to craft the insignias and inscriptions.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Made a post before, anet didn’t put extra nodes since then. If they put just one node, players can be self-sufficient but they don’t seems to be interested in doing that.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Quartz-Crystal-Node-Supply-Shortage

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I know the zephyrites exploded, but they still exist. I think we could see the return of labyrinthine cliffs at some point, especially considering how wildly popular that update was.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m glad I bought 20 stacks to sit a year ago when they were being sold for near vendor price. Making some nice profit off of them now.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

once guilds get to a certain point they won’t need the quartz tools anymore, or is it something you need always into forever? cause if its just something u need while building the guild up, eventually all these guilds are going to max it out, won’t need it anymore, and the prices will drop again.

Yes, some guilds will finish needing charged quartz eventually, but new guilds are always coming up through the ranks; there will always be a steady demand for raw crystals, ley line tools, and celestial insignia and inscriptions.

Celestial and sinister gear will always have a demand.

I don’t think we’ll see prices drop much unless Anet adds a new source. In fact, I don’t think the current supply can keep up with demand. I expect to see prices increase in the very near future as supply continues to dry up.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Did you know you can buy a boat cheap in the winter and sell it for a profit in the spring?
Guess someone should nerf that too. Now..where am i gonna keep all these boats?

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

One thing that is unusual about these nodes is that they can only be harvested once per day per ACCOUNT

Yeah this is a big part of the problem.

It makes it very hard to effectively ramp up supply in response to spikes in demand.

Khisanth.2948

One thing that is unusual about these nodes is that they can only be harvested once per day per ACCOUNT

Yeah this is a big part of the problem.

It makes it very hard to effectively ramp up supply in response to spikes in demand.

Well there is the map bonus option everyone seems to be ignoring

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Well there is the map bonus option everyone seems to be ignoring

Well, that is an additional source, true, but it’s not a big one: a maximum of 20 quartz crystals per account per day for one week out of 8, if I understand the rules of map bonus reward tracks correctly (and I very well might not). That would translate to 2.5 quartz crystals per account per day on average. ANET is apparently very careful not to flood the marked with quartz again like they did with the Bazaar of the Four Winds…

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

the airship for 4 winds already crashed in drytop……
they can’t bring it back without changing something otherwise it will conflict with the lores…..

well, another map created just to be used for a few times.

The four winds could be brought back without the airship. The survivors could regroup there and enlist the players assistance in rebuilding. We did it with Lion’s Arch, more or less.

We could milk the events and story for a year or two. The crash survivors camp could eventually become an outpost in Dry Top.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

Wanze.8410

Did you know you can buy a boat cheap in the winter and sell it for a profit in the spring?
Guess someone should nerf that too. Now..where am i gonna keep all these boats?

In the jungle. No mooring fees.