Quartz Crystals and SW Shovels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deavonffxi.8560

Deavonffxi.8560

Since the launch of HoT a majority of players have left Silverwaste so getting large enough group to do events can sometimes be a struggle. With the fact that we need 500 or so shovels for mining upgrades, I think the drop rate for these is a bit low for the amount we need. As for quartz crystals i would like to see more nodes added maybe in the new areas since also again on the amount of ley line infused tools needed for mining upgrades is large. Which brings me to a question of removing the 24 hour CD on charged quartz crystals so we can more easily make the tools. Oh and an idea on the crystals how about a harvesting tool that gives crystals from any mining node like the watchwork sprocket pick if adding more nodes is more difficult.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

None of this is ever going to happen (wrt Quartz). The whole point of the time gate on charged crystals is to make the items more valuable or slow down their production. It isn’t going to get removed, therefore more nodes are not needed, since even one more would wind up deflating the value of Quartz dramatically.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

While it seems unlikely that any change to crystals is going to change, I still believe the cooldown should be removed. This has been brought up before with regards to Sinister and Celestial gear requiring 30+ charged crystals for no more power than another exotic set that takes 5 minutes to make. 10 charged crystals are needed for 1 piece of crafting mawdrey, but that involves enough materials to still have high value. Quartz will always have value because of its scarcity from limited nodes in dry top and home instances.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

While it seems unlikely that any change to crystals is going to change, I still believe the cooldown should be removed. This has been brought up before with regards to Sinister and Celestial gear requiring 30+ charged crystals for no more power than another exotic set that takes 5 minutes to make. 10 charged crystals are needed for 1 piece of crafting mawdrey, but that involves enough materials to still have high value. Quartz will always have value because of its scarcity from limited nodes in dry top and home instances.

The real question is why did they feel it necessary to require charged crystals for those in the first place? But it isn’t likely to change now, because charged Quartz (via ley-line tools and celestial items) are a significant limiting factor to guild hall progression. It’s a goofy decision, but I think we are stuck with it.

If anyone needs help with getting started on Quartz gathering, I’m happy to help.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Why does it take a ton of silk (and now additional leather) and a daily cooldown for each part in order to make ascended? Sometimes AN doesnt make sense. Either way its nice of you to offer to help with the quartz Misguided.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’