Quartz Crystals...why so cheap?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I may well be missing something, but if I understand correctly, the only way to get them after Bazaar of four winds, is the home instance…3 or 4 a day.

That would take 6 days just to make 1 charged crystal.

Sure, not everyone wants celestial armor or weapons, but still, it would seem to me quarts crystals would be in demand once the only way to get them is 3 a day.

Tell me where I’m wrong.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

cause you only need 5 a day, its garbage.

and its not 3 a day, you mine between 1-5 per hit, with a chance for a charged as well.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

also you can create an armor that will be likely overwritten by the future ascended armor so, not so useful as it might be

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

You get quartz everywhere. Literally.

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

The kite baskets in the zones also give 2-6 per opening the two sacks that they drop.

People get quartz much faster and in more bulk if they run around a zone collecting them.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Right now you can get them rather easily. If you go to the Labyrinth Cliffs you can harvest them, if you do Sanctum Sprint you get several at the end of each race, plus home node. I think I have 3 stacks right now, maybe a bit more. You can only use 25 a day to make the 1 charged crystal so there really is kind of a surplus at the moment.

cause you only need 5 a day, its garbage.

25 a day to make 1 charged crystal.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Ok…but after Bazaar of four winds. Is just your home instance the only way to get them, or I’m I wrong there?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You also gets large piles of them if you are opening supply boxes to get the recipes. Celestial is also not a universally useful stat. It would have been useful for MF but with that changing as well it’s not very appealing.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

yea it was great for the MF.

Then they announced they are removing MF off gear. So it became garbage.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Until the Bazaar finishes there are actually multiple ways to get your hands on quartz, and the TP market is saturated with them, which keeps the price low. However, once the bazaar ends the source of the quartz will dry up, except for those who have the node in their home instance. This will limit the source of quartz, thus driving the price up if the demand remains high.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Until the Bazaar finishes there are actually multiple ways to get your hands on quartz, and the TP market is saturated with them, which keeps the price low. However, once the bazaar ends the source of the quartz will dry up, except for those who have the node in their home instance. This will limit the source of quartz, thus driving the price up if the demand remains high.

I think that is going to be a really long time though considering the amount available at this time and that only 25 a day can be used per account. It will still be entering the market at much smaller numbers but I don’t know how long it will take for the demand to catch up.

The Burninator

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Right now the supply is high, given the instance node, the ones at the BotFW and the ones from the baskets. Also, the demand is low. On top of Celestial stats being useful for only a very few builds, there’s also the issue of Exotic now being the “new rare” and the issue of MF on gear being removed, with no indication of what will replace it. Whether the demand will go up later, when the supply is down, is going to depend on what replaces MF — and whether the quartz will be used to craft Ascended — or something else useful.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’m just mad that I have to buy and hold on to 3 stacks of them for a month if I want a full set of celestial gear.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I get loads of quartz dropping in WvW, also kite fortunes, support bags, tokens…

Never seen so many chests, but they always just have those items in…sad face…

Most WvW players don’t care about the rest of GW2, so probably just selling them, that’s why so cheap…

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Yea, you don’t just mine them from the home instance+BotFW, but they drop like crazy from loot bags with kite fortunes, and you have those kite baskets around the world you can loot them from too.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It has been nearly a year since anything, anywhere, dropped candy corn and it’s still one of the most plentiful items on the TP, and dirt cheap.

There was an initial surge of interest in quartz and the recipes that use it, because it was new and shiny. But the “plans for the rest of the year” blog essentially said that there are better things coming, making celestial equipment a lot less attractive, so demand fell sharply and so did prices.

The “home instance” source of quartz is irrelevant, not enough people are interested in the recipes to deplete the oversupply of quartz on the TP just like you can still make food with candy corn glaze and such but there isn’t enough demand to use up the supply. If you want to make celestial gear for whatever reason, you can save a few silver if you have a home node to mine, but it’s a trivial amount compared to the cost of the rest of the materials, and there is enough supply on the TP to last a long, long time.

Besides, should it ever become an issue, they can add quartz to the drops of loot bags, earth elementals, etc.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I am pretty sure quartz will be used to craft ascended Items ;-).
The screenshot were they talk about new account bound mats includes somebody in a homeinstance next to a crystal.
I have 90k for 34 copper. If they turn out to be a flop, I will just vendor them for 33 copper…

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer