Que system for server transfering

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Recently I asked a friend of mine to come over to my server, which is full. He didn’t have the money so I gave him some gold to buy the gems. We both expected there to be a que system, but there isn’t. Why not? I mean, reloading your screen quite alot can still take weeks to find a spot. Why can’t we just get a que system?:<

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

well, first and foremost, unless you two are planning to do WvW together, then you dont need to be on the same server. Megaservers pretty much cover that.

Other than that, I can get behind such an idea. It may be a bit of a pain to code though

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

The issue is, the population for the server is based on WvW now. It’s not a quick thing that changes daily. Sometimes the server won’t be available for weeks.

He really only needs to check like once a week, or even once a day (which can be excessive).

If a server doesn’t open up for say 1-2 months, would a queue system really be a good idea? Someone might change their mind then.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

The V.8759

Ye its ment for WvW

Even tho it may take extremely long to go through the que, even if a server wont be open for months, still it wouldn’t be a problem to do the queing right? They could even get the average data for how long it takes for people to leave the server. Add an algorithm that calculates how long the average wait time would be. This could give people insight for how long they have to wait in que.

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

The server population lock is to prevent servers from being overstacked for WvW, leading to massive queues and whatnot. If you really want your friend to be on the same server as you for WvW, right now the best course of action is to have him to go the server that is ‘linked’ with your world, although this is just a short-term thing, since the linkings will more than likely change.
A queue system works… if it was designed for the entire game, not just for WvW. The way GW2 works is not designed in a way that a queue system would work for the entire population. We already get queues if the borderlands in wvw are full, no need to have one just to log into the game

Sorry if my thoughts seem scattered, but hopefully you got the jist of what I was trying to say

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’d suggest you and your friends pick a different server to go to. All of the “full” servers are locked as full so that they don’t take in any more people because their WvW population is too high.

Like “Random Weirdness.6750” said – they could transfer to whatever server is linked to yours. But that also runs a risk of that linking being gone in a matter of days, you’ll never know when that link could change.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

The V.8759

The server population lock is to prevent servers from being overstacked for WvW, leading to massive queues and whatnot. If you really want your friend to be on the same server as you for WvW, right now the best course of action is to have him to go the server that is ‘linked’ with your world, although this is just a short-term thing, since the linkings will more than likely change.
A queue system works… if it was designed for the entire game, not just for WvW. The way GW2 works is not designed in a way that a queue system would work for the entire population. We already get queues if the borderlands in wvw are full, no need to have one just to log into the game

Sorry if my thoughts seem scattered, but hopefully you got the jist of what I was trying to say

What I mean is not for log in. It’s more like, you get into que and then keep playing the game on your original server untill you get through the que.

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

What I mean is not for log in. It’s more like, you get into que and then keep playing the game on your original server untill you get through the que.

The problem is that those servers that are full are full “indefinitely” or until ANet chooses to unlock them. None of them should be unlocked, they’re all over full if they’re marked as full right now.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Though you could be in queue for months.

What happens if someone in queue stops playing the game?
Do you need to have the gems on the account to be able to queue?
If you need the above, what happens to your spot if you spend the gems?
Do you have to confirm you still want to transfer, and how long do you have to reply before you lose your spot OR does it just automatically transfer you even if you have forgotten?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.