Queen Jennah

Queen Jennah

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

OK we all have them and I’m sure we all have her as a mini but Anet please do something about the this…

First Birthday Gift is a Birthday Gift players receive for the first birthday of their character creation.

Contents
Mini Queen Jennah
Experience Scroll
Birthday Booster

We get her mini with every first birthday for a toon. I’m on my 4th one now that I have deleted, and still have 3 more left to hit 1 year. Can you instead change it to a random mini from a set that we don’t already have please?

Queen Jennah

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

OK we all have them and I’m sure we all have her as a mini but Anet please do something about the this…

First Birthday Gift is a Birthday Gift players receive for the first birthday of their character creation.

Contents
Mini Queen Jennah
Experience Scroll
Birthday Booster

We get her mini with every first birthday for a toon. I’m on my 4th one now that I have deleted, and still have 3 more left to hit 1 year. Can you instead change it to a random mini from a set that we don’t already have please?

Nice suggestion but then they would have to pay a lot of us that have deleted all of our extras I should imagine and that could be a nightmare. At one stage I had 14 of that mini due to a bug so of course I had to delete a lot of them…….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Queen Jennah

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Nice suggestion but then they would have to pay a lot of us that have deleted all of our extras I should imagine and that could be a nightmare. At one stage I had 14 of that mini due to a bug so of course I had to delete a lot of them…….

Not really? If you have the item, grand, but if not, nothing is “owed”.

Granted, that perception is likely what’s keeping ANet from actually solving the Jennah Conundrum.

I’ve been faithful enough to hoard one inventory slot’s worth of …28 of them now? It’s not that hard. It’d be nice if we could take the extra copies to the birthday vendor and get some nice kind of bonus, even if it’s something benign like another 24hr celebration booster.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Queen Jennah

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Contents
Mini Queen Jennah
Experience Scroll
Birthday Booster

Not sure why you think you deserve anything if you deleted them. They were free items. Gifts.

Queen Jennah

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

I’m sure most of us are not to concern about the ones we deleted in the past, but the future birthdays on anybodys account might be a nice thing to consider. It’s not like they don’t have the code to use as a repalcement. If they can have the random wardrobe unlock drop , that includes minis; how hard is it to recode it to only giving a random mini that is locked?

Queen Jennah

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

To both Rauderi.8706 and Zavve.8205:

Look at it this way. Newer players would get the advantage of unlocking more than 1 mini with each gift/char. Those of us who have more chars from launch miss out on this. Would you think that is fair? It would also seem like a dis-service to those of us who not only have extra chars but who bought and paid for them at launch.

I really can not see how you guys cannot see how people would complain over this if they missed out. So I guess your logic is “if you waste bank space by actually keeping these things and NOT deleting them, then and only then are you also entitled to such a feature”.

Again, not very fair and smells of non integrity practices to me and I am sure others.

This same kind of discussion was had about Shared Inv slots every time they were suggested. And a lot of the time we had people saying the same as you two are now. Yet, guess what? Anet DID refund to some people who had multiples of tools/etc.

So having said that my reply and expectation here is very legit.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Queen Jennah

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I really can not see how you guys cannot see how people would complain over this if they missed out.

I can see how players would complain. They complain about everything. There’s no end to it. So yeah, the flood of whinging that they know would happen is one reason why they’re not going to deal with it at all. It’s a very minor facet of a reward they were gracious enough to hand out. It’s not worth the pain of fixing it now.

But, if they did, I imagine it’s also a matter of process. Count the number of year+ characters on the account, count the number of Jennah minis in inventory and bank slots (is it really all that hard to leave a stack of them in one bank slot?), and return any that happen to be in difference. Also mark the account to be sure the process has been completed, so we don’t accidentally reward it more than once.
Then, set up the birthday vendor to buy Jennahs for …something. I almost don’t care what at this point. Celebration booster, guaranteed leather stacks, anything.

It’s just very bothersome that ANet had all of these one-and-done currency items when other options exist to track those currencies (like, I’unno, a wallet?).

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632