Question About GW2 Craft

Question About GW2 Craft

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magic Faze.9613

Magic Faze.9613

What’s the difference between the Normal & Fast Guides?

Question About GW2 Craft

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Is that some sort of add-on? I would not use any 3rd party stuff. If anet doesn’t like it (and they probably won’t), you’ll be perma-banned. And the other scenario is you lost your account to a hacker or password thief.

Question About GW2 Craft

Magic Faze.9613

Is that some sort of add-on? I would not use any 3rd party stuff. If anet doesn’t like it (and they probably won’t), you’ll be perma-banned. And the other scenario is you lost your account to a hacker or password thief.

I was talking about crafting guides, as the title says.

AKA – http://gw2crafts.net/

Question About GW2 Craft

Magic Faze.9613

I was talking about the crafting guides, did you not see the title?

http://gw2crafts.net/

Question About GW2 Craft

Fluffball.8307

I saw the title and googled it because I’ve never heard of it. It looked like 3rd party software. If it’s not, I can’t help you because I’ve never heard of it. If it is, don’t use it. I definitely wasn’t going to click the site because it’s description is incredibly suspicious.

Godmoney, see above and don’t chime in.

Question About GW2 Craft

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

http://gw2crafts.net/

The quick guides just cost a bit more and are simpler to carry out. If you can afford the gold I would recommend fast guides unless you are one of the weirdo’s who actually likes crafting in mmo’s.

Question About GW2 Craft

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I saw the title and googled it because I’ve never heard of it. It looked like 3rd party software. If it’s not, I can’t help you because I’ve never heard of it. If it is, don’t use it. I definitely wasn’t going to click the site because it’s description is incredibly suspicious.

You entirely miss my point.

If you dont know what GW2 craft is then i dont know why you feel anybody cares about your opinion.

You are not the center of the universe.

Question About GW2 Craft

Fluffball.8307

You entirely miss my point.

If you dont know what GW2 craft is then i dont know why you feel anybody cares about your opinion.

You are not the center of the universe.

Holy cow, I was trying to help him. I looked at his previous posts, saw he was a new player, googled whatever he was talking about, saw it was a suspicious 3rd party website, and warned him.

Question About GW2 Craft

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

I’m suprised by the amount of people who didn’t know about this site. GW2Crafts is a nice website for getting your crafting levels to 400/450/500 instantly. The normal guide is the cheaper option but it will take a bit more time and you need to buy more materials since you’re trying to minimize the amount you spend. Fast route is faster but more expensive. Even the normal route is not the cheapest you can get but it gets you there instantly.

Question About GW2 Craft

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Simply put, as mentioned, the fast guide omit a big part of the components and go for mostly finished presteps.

It speeds up your shoping and the amount of items you need to hold that are not materials.

Same goes for the heart quests for cooking. Though that is a bit more selfexplanatory.

Question About GW2 Craft

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I can understand being weary of suspicious-looking sites- it’s a sensible way to be on the internet in general.

However, you can research the site without clicking on the link. Google is useful- I already know a lot about the site, but after searching “what is gw2 crafts.net” a few search hits came up with enough information to give a reasonable understanding of the site.

There’s no point jumping to conclusions and using misinformation like what was present in your initial response- I totally get the desire to be helpful, but offering advice if you’re not at all knowledgeable about a subject is just not worth your while.

This being said, I have seen previous comments where people say that they are a little mistrustful of the website simply from how it looks. My guess is the simple layout along with red down arrows (that appear similar to icons that look like ones accompanying a “download” button) can give people the wrong idea.

But no, it’s certainly not a nefarious site. There is no software/add-on aspect to it at all. It’s a guide site, and is well-known among the community, just like dulfy.net. The only negative thing I’ve heard about it is tinfoilhattery at its best, where people believe that the algorithms the site uses directly benefits the creator (e.g. using particular recipes to drive up certain material costs that the creator is flipping/investing in).

Anyway, I’ve always found the site very useful. The direct instructions make levelling crafting far simpler and cheaper than if you were to try to figure crafting out yourself.

@OP, looks like you’ve already got your answers. It’s down to personal preference on what you value more, convenience or savings. Personally, even though I’m quite a savings-oriented person, I opt for the Fast Guides. Unless you’re very good at keeping track and following instructions, the long lists of what to buy and what to make can get confusing after a while, and I’ve found that I’m more likely to make a mistake (and waste more money) using the normal ones. There’s also not too much difference regarding price, but it’s always worth comparing total values to check.

Question About GW2 Craft

Fluffball.8307

Crimson I get what you’re saying. A new player posted something looked really suspicious to me, and having been playing since beta there isn’t a lot of anet accepted stuff I’ve never heard of. Other games are fine with 3rd party stuff, GW, not so much. So rather than wait for him to get his newly purchased game banned, I asked him if it was 3rd party software and told him anet will readily perma ban for that.

I’ve done this before, and I have saved people’s accounts. Tons of new players don’t know anet’s stance because no one reads the terms and don’t realize how serious they are about banning people. Better safe on my part than sorry on his part.

What I don’t understand is why someone saw me trying to inform a new player of this policy and immediately was off the charts rude in multiple posts. I just don’t understand that thought process. What kind of community attacks people trying to protect others? I would post my response again 100% of the time.