Question: Do you like TP bundling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

We got new outfits but bundled with dyes, weapon skins, minis, and other useful stuff. We have bag slot expansions bundled with boosters, and we have different utility boosters bundled together.

It’s a new trend it seems. I understand why they do it. It helps to promote items not usually purchased and increases the quantity of gems used to make a transaction. Would you normally buy this item for 800 gems? Well, for 400 gems more you get 5x more stuff!

It may be a new trend, but I don’t like it, and has stopped me from buying some items. For example, I like the bandit sniper outfit, but I’m not going to buy it at that value. I know I get all of those nifty things, but I only limit myself to $20 big ones when I make a purchase and I like to get more for my buck. Previously, when things went on sale I could drop $20 and get several cool things and be satisfied. If this trend becomes the norm then I’ll have to drop $35 to get one thing I want and what was ever bundled with it.

Do you like bundles on the TP and have you been OK spending more?

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

For me it’s simple. I only buy items I really want. If it’s part of a bundle with items I don’t want, I don’t buy it. Conclusion: I’ve never bought a bundle and probably never will.

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

It’s a trend I don’t care for much either. The only time I’ll purchase a bundle is if there are several items in the bundle that I want. I haven’t purchased the bandit sniper bundle because the only thing it contains that I’d like to have is the glider.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I don’t mind, as long as it’s a choice and they don’t make items, that are sold separately, artificially expensive.

The problems, obviously, arise when you can’t get something, without buying a whole bundle of stuff you don’t want.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This very last bundle they did sell the outfit and glider separately from the bundle, so hopefully this will continue. I am very much not in favor of bundles where I spend more than I want to get items I want with things I don’t want thrown in to make the price higher.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

For me it’s simple. I only buy items I really want. If it’s part of a bundle with items I don’t want, I don’t buy it. Conclusion: I’ve never bought a bundle and probably never will.

My thoughts exactly. And not just for this game either.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t mind them doing bundles for ‘discounts’ so long as they release the items individually (obviously at normal price) so people have the choice. Some decide they want the bundle (cause they can/will use most/everything in it) and others don’t (because they just want one or two items).

Options are good things.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I like bundles. I dislike anet bundles. Shoehorning rng dye boxes and irrelevant weapon skins in to bundles just to inflate the price is kinda meh.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

The only bundle I’d like to see is one with all harvesting/lodging/mining tools. And no, if there is only 1 item in a bundle that I like, than I won’t buy it.

Posted by: Tahm.8290

Tahm.8290

I bought the Bandit bundle cause i actually wanted everything in it, I dont mind it if its all something i want like that.

~Basil Starshower~
~Worst Tempest NA~
~Skritt Kings~

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I will only ever buy a bundle if the items I want from it add up to the same or more than the bundle price. Edit: This applies even if certain items are exclusive to the bundle (in which case I estimate their value based on similar items). If the bundle is the only way to get an item I want and I don’t think the bundle is worth it then I won’t buy it.

So far this has meant I haven’t bought any.

For example if I wanted 2 bank tabs and 2 bag slots then I’d buy the Account Jump Start because those items individually add up to 2000 gems, so I’d be getting the items I want at the normal price and the other stuff for free.

But if I just want 2 bank tabs I’d buy them on their own because that would cost me 400 gems less. (Even less since I only ever buy them when they’re on sale.) I’ve never needed to buy transmutation charges, refuse to buy black lion keys and never buy unidentified dyes so whilst they might be nice freebies I won’t factor them into the cost of the bundle.

(I apply the same logic to things like ‘buy 2 get 1 free’ offers in real life. If I’m going to buy 2 things anyway then great, I’ll find a 3rd. But if I only want 1 then I’ll stick to my 1 instead of getting 2 things I don’t want or need just because it’s a package.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea, certain bundles, like account starter types are nice, because chances are you’ll use everything in the bundle, and it’d be cheaper than buying it all separately.

I don’t like bundling skins without making them available separately. I wanted the sniper outfit, but had no use for anything else in the bundle, so no outfit for me:( ah well.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Bundles are good when they include stuff that I’d want and other stuff I wouldn’t get normally. So I did get the Account Jump Start just because I was going to buy bank/bag slots anyways, and wouldn’t mind screwing around with BL keys, which I’d normally never buy on their own. Another one would be when they packaged all 3 unlimited harvesting tools together.

There haven’t really been any particularly exciting packages though. The recent outfits have not interested me at all, so naturally all that extra stuff doesn’t matter.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I strongly dislike it. Rather, I like the idea of bundling in a general sense, but I hate having things locked exclusively in bundles.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Everyone loves a discount, e.g. bundles that are discounts on things that you could buy separately. Hardly anyone loves a bundle that forces you get stuff you don’t want/need to buy stuff you do.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I don’t mind, as long as it’s a choice and they don’t make items, that are sold separately, artificially expensive.

The problems, obviously, arise when you can’t get something, without buying a whole bundle of stuff you don’t want.

Exactly this.

Bundle desirable, useful things, while keeping the parts of that bundle available.
If the bundle is desirable to the users, they won’t need to be tricked or cajoled into buying it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Bundles aren’t bad if they are simply a collection of items, that are purchasable from the Gem Shop individually, that players may be interested in getting them all at once for a discount.

• Gathering tools bundle
  • The two account starter bundles

These two are good examples. A bad example are the bundles that came out with HoT that was the only way to get particular glider & weapons skins as well as an exclusive outfit. For Winter’s Day bundle they at least offered the outfit separately (this also came with a mini, offered separately instead of a glider skin).

I have a feeling that the monetization crew are throwing darts and seeing what gets push back as well as what sells and what doesn’t. So plenty of chances for missteps.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I am fine with TP bundling, on the condition that they also make the things in the bundle available outside of the bundle. This does not even have to be at the same time as the bundle. If I knew that after a month, or whatever time period, the bundle would go away and the pieces in the bundle would become available individually, at a marked up price, obviously, I would be perfectly ok with it.

Currently, though, bundle items are only available in the bundle and seem to stay that way indefinitely. I’m not ok with this.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No, <15 chars>

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

No.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I have a feeling that the monetization crew are throwing darts and seeing what gets push back as well as what sells and what doesn’t. So plenty of chances for missteps.

I definitively can say with no discernable proof whatsoever that this is exactly it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Do you like bundles on the TP and have you been OK spending more?

They’ve really been doing this for a long time, now, but it’s become a lot more noticeable with bundling Outfits and Gliders without offering ways to buy either separately. The part I seriously dislike is that they have a new weapon set only available by buying bundles, so if you want one of those, you have to shell out the full price of the bundle to get one.

The reduced price on these things is 2000 gems; the actual price, which they could charge in the future, is 2850 gems – $35 in real money terms. I could buy another game for that much. I think I’d get a lot more enjoyment out of that than I would out of a shallow handful of skins, no matter how pretty.

The winter glider bundle is tempting, as I originally wanted an ice-themed ele way back in GW1, but Chronicles of Mystara might be a better value ;D