Question: Is the Scythe Staff obtainable?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I know you can buy the staff off the TP, but is it actually obtainable by other means? I remember that it was theorized that it was in the Mystic Forge, but I never saw confirmation.

I mean this Scythe Staff, just to be clear: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scythe_Staff_Skin

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

According to the link you posted:

The only way to obtain this content is through the Trading Post or through content that is no longer available.

If there is a change with this Halloween release, it’s not yet been documented.

Good luck.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Key phrase is ‘not yet been documented’. Certain Halloween skins were added to the Mystic Forge in weapon form, but we were never told which. Look at the Trade Post and compare Chainsword with Scythe. Chainsword has two expensive entries. Scythe has one ridiculously expensive entry. That suggests that there is no new source for Scythe (or someone is buying them as fast as they appear).

videoboy.4162

The Scythe used to have two separate entries on the TP, with minimally fluctuating prices. I noticed the second entry right after that thread discussing Halloween items being added to the Mystic Forge by mistake. That’s why I was asking for confirmation about whether or not the scythe was obtainable in other ways or not.

Posted by: stargift.2067

stargift.2067

Scythe staff, the weapon – not the skin, is obtainable via MF, chances to get it are at least on par with chances to get a precursor. Few weeks ago I spent around 600 gold on rares, over course of few days, I was trying to get Legend and Lover, I got Lover but instead of Legend I got Scythe staff weapon that I sold for 3570 gold…I had crazy luck that day because I got lots of exotic weapons as well ( around 80 gold after sold on TP). Since then I spent around 200 gold on MF gambling and got really just yellow junk and few exotics…In my guild few were thinking I was joking when I linked the Staff since they also thought it cannot be obtained via MF – but obviously it can… https://s22.postimg.org/uan9ihfgh/Capture.jpg

videoboy.4162

Scythe staff, the weapon – not the skin, is obtainable via MF, chances to get it are at least on par with chances to get a precursor. Few weeks ago I spent around 600 gold on rares, over course of few days, I was trying to get Legend and Lover, I got Lover but instead of Legend I got Scythe staff weapon that I sold for 3570 gold…I had crazy luck that day because I got lots of exotic weapons as well ( around 80 gold after sold on TP). Since then I spent around 200 gold on MF gambling and got really just yellow junk and few exotics…In my guild few were thinking I was joking when I linked the Staff since they also thought it cannot be obtained via MF – but obviously it can… https://s22.postimg.org/uan9ihfgh/Capture.jpg

Thanks Stargift!