Question Regarding Servers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hedgietto.7684

Hedgietto.7684

Q:

I’m no stranger to gaming, but I finally decided give MMOs a try since GW2 seemed pretty unique (and had no monthly fee). A couple of my friends will be joining me as well in a few weeks, though, so I’m wondering if I should risk joining a server with a “Very High” population. If I join, say, Stormbuff Isle (or something similar), do you think there’ll still be space then? Can I easily switch to a lower populated server for a negligible cost?

Best,
Hedgietto

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A:

You can still switch for free? I thought I read somewhere on the wiki that ANet was charging up to 1800 gems for that service – or am I confusing myself with something else?

No it’s still free, ANet has said it will be free up until guesting is released, then it will appear as an item in the gem store.

EDIT: Yeah I just checked the wiki, it still says that it costs 1800 gems but that is from back in Beta when they though that they were going to have guesting on release, which didn’t happen because of a technical complication. Somebody should fix that…

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You can switch servers once a week for free. Or, if you really want to be on a high pop server with your friends, just log everybody in early in the morning, there are so few people on during those hours you can choose almost any server you want.

Posted by: Hedgietto.7684

Hedgietto.7684

You can still switch for free? I thought I read somewhere on the wiki that ANet was charging up to 1800 gems for that service – or am I confusing myself with something else?