Question To Owners Of Legendary Weapons.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirusDibley.3716

SirusDibley.3716

Just curious but do you find you play the game less once you get your Legendary ? Just trying to imagine what happens when you finally achieve this goal , surely the hunger must die a little ?

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

After that last stretch of crazy gaming when I was really close to finishing it, I won’t lie I did take a break for a few days. However, I wouldn’t say I enjoy the game less or feel like I no longer have a goal. Still plenty to do in my opinion, but I know that always differs from person to person.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I haven’t played as much since I haven’t felt like doing any dungeons and stuff at the moment. No need to grind anymore, don’t need gold for anything, really. Was working on lvling another alt but got bored at how slow it was taking.
Started playing Fallout NV again to finish the last 2 DLCs as well. ;o Looking forward to some WvW improvements soon.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I really scarcely notice. I made my first one last November. The novelty wears off. It’s just part of your look, with no impact on how much I like to play the game.

Posted by: Mazer.8923

Mazer.8923

I don’t have one because I prefer the mystic forge weapons more but I’m still gathering the stuff that all legendary’s need in case they come out with new ones at some point. But I will say that my friend (an ele) completed his scepter maybe a month ago and plays just as much as he did before. He’s also working on the dagger at the moment.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m going to go for one for each character. That should keep me busy for a day or two. lol

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

After making my 2nd one, yes i don’t play as much as i did. Mostly cause i spent a lot of time grinding for gold for mats and now that i don’t need gold really, i just don’t play as much.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

After making my second I play WvW and Spvp a lot more. Where as during the grind for my legendaries I farmed all day everyday.

Game play is so much more relaxed.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Drysdale.3826

Drysdale.3826

I’m sure it’s like similar grinds in other games. After you get it you can breath, relax and play. It feels like less of a “job”(farming everyday) and more like a casual game.

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

I don’t own one, but I enjoy helping people too much to quit just cause my footsteps are rainbow-tastic.

ET and proud to be!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I did take a break after grinding myself to death to get 3 legendaries.. But as far as goals are concerned, I wanted to finish my PvE so that I could focus on WvW (which I feel is the endgame of gw2), so I still have lots to do.. I am not fond of alts at all, and so after I was done dressing my character with the BiS equips, I focus solely on putting them to good use.

I agree with the person who said that after getting the things you want, you feel a little more relaxed. I get to enjoy the game more now knowing I won’t have to worry about having my weapons obsolete come ascended.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

While I had focused on my main (as she was doing most of the gathering for my Legendary), I had let my alts snooze. I did start to play them a bit more, but I had also neglected Fractals, so started doing that quite a lot after I got mine.

So no, I didn’t stop playing the game. I did spend more time on my alts than I had, but I still play my main way more than all my alts combined.

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I started to do the legendary….thinking it would be like everquest epics and require a skillfull and challenging long quest that would take months and send me all over the world taking down large beasts and eventually asking the aid of others while unlocking an amazing story.

……then i realized its just a mat grind. There are two things that turn me off to doing anything in a game “farm” and “grind”. Sorry, dont find those activities fun, and from what i’m reading…no one really does. Legendarys should be fun to get..otherwise holding one just tells everyone you made yourself miserable for weeks/months doing repetitive crap you dont enjoy….not the message i would want to convey.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I made my legendary a month ago, and i have to say … i do even play more now :$
There is so much to do, you can make new characters, you can try to archieve as much archievements as you can, play WvW … the content in this game is huge, there will always be something to do.

And, going for another legendary, can have “the bifrost” my 2nd one in a month, if i would farm a bit.
But atm i’m too busy doing dungeons, fractals and leading my guild

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

I found the game more fun for a short period after I got it, but then I just grew bored and stopped playing as much for a month or two.

Now I’m working on a second one although I don’t have as much desire to play the game as running the same content with no exciting goal gets boring. Hopefully the update today will spark my interest again with the WvW rank and new content.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I found the game more fun for a short period after I got it, but then I just grew bored and stopped playing as much for a month or two.

Now I’m working on a second one although I don’t have as much desire to play the game as running the same content with no exciting goal gets boring. Hopefully the update today will spark my interest again with the WvW rank and new content.

you just have to find another goal then, go for all the jumping puzzles, all dungeons with all paths etc… fractals top lvl, there is always something to do (in my opinion ofc)

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I got my legendary about 2 weeks ago and now I play the game even more then before. I wanted to get T3 armor, max out my stats, get full ascended items, get to high level fractals, work on achievement points, WvW, sPvP. Basically all the things I didn’t focus on when I was grinding my legendary. I find the game more fun now.

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

I still play a lot, but I play it more calmly and I can slow my pace, since I don’t actually “need” the gold anymore. I’ve been lvling my new alts and trying to enjoy the atmospheric side of the game a bit more than just rushing from heart to heart. I’m also playing the other sides of the game a lot more (wubwub/pvp) since I don’t feel the pressure of being left behind on gaining gold by not constantly grinding dungeons/etc. Overall, less grinding and more enjoyment. I might get some other fancy item in the future if I ever feel like I need some more eyecandy on my chars.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I am 77g away from making my legendary (aka 77 Icy Runestones) and I COULD farm the gold ASAP but I’m actually taking it real easy. I do some chest hunting (in before the nerf), a bit of ori gathering, 1 or 2 path of a dungeon with friends or a daily fractal (i just started fractals). I am having as much fun now as I did when I got the game. Legendaries take time, commitment but if you enjoy the game, it’ll come naturally. I didnt grind out for my legendary. With all the occasional farming, dungeon runs, a bit of tp playing, and just playing the game, I was able to be 77g away. After I get it, I need to get the ascended quiver for my ranger so that will make me play more to get the materials for it. Set some goals but dont rush towards it, my advice.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i got some precursors, and might not make the legendaries becouse wvw does not drop all what is required for them.

~WTB Karma. lol

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Just curious but do you find you play the game less once you get your Legendary ? Just trying to imagine what happens when you finally achieve this goal , surely the hunger must die a little ?

After I got my Bifrost, I did the most logical thing.

I made more legendaries.

Now up to three, could get a fourth by the end of the month but I’m holding out and saving for new legendaries.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

How the hell do people have two legendaries, let alone almost 4? Do you play the game 24/7? I’m trying to get Predator, but the precursor alone is 600g, onyx lodestones for 100 of them will be almost 200 gold, 100 gold for icy runestones, and the stacks of gold needed for 250 of tier 6 crafting items. That’s over 1,000 gold of items. How in the hell do you farm that much that often?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

How the hell do people have two legendaries, let alone almost 4? Do you play the game 24/7? I’m trying to get Predator, but the precursor alone is 600g, onyx lodestones for 100 of them will be almost 200 gold, 100 gold for icy runestones, and the stacks of gold needed for 250 of tier 6 crafting items. That’s over 1,000 gold of items. How in the hell do you farm that much that often?

Spend all time grinding in dungeons like people did UWSC all day

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Nakashima.7560

Nakashima.7560

I got my Bifrost a few months back, I didnt cut back on playing at all ^^ Instead, I’ve been lvling alts to 80, giving away things to friends to help them with their legendaries, and just been having a good time derping around with my guildies. I dont need a specific goal to have fun. n_n

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Well I got 1600 hours in game, I consider that hardcore. But I don’t do dungeon farm like other people (I’ve only done one Cof run since no ones wants to carry a guardian)

Just know where to farm events…

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I got Sunrise two months ago now (nearly day to day, actually).

I have to say that I play much more and I enjoy much more playing now that my farming is done. I used to get 200-250g per month by farming like that (and by actually playing the game, not by playing the TP). Right after I got my legendary, I was like “hey, what’s this game about? I can’t remember”.

Now I get around 120-150g per month and I enjoy every single gold I make: I create and level alts, I play 3-4 dungeons a week instead of per day and I spend more time in WvW with my legendary skin.

Today, I don’t even mind giving away my T6 mats and my cores/lodestones to friends where when I was farming, I always looked for profit, or at least equity.

I’m much more enjoying the game now that I don’t have to run for that goal and I love the fact that I enjoy it much more. :-)

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

I finished my Bolt around mid October. My playing time didn’t diminish till around late December, and after the holidays, I took January off.

I came back February playing a small amount, but the time I clock in has been mounting and as of now has probably returned to 80% of when the game first came out.

Almost finishing a second legendary (didn’t have to really farm for this one. the amount of stuff from October to now easily added up to a fairly large sum), exploring PvP (not the past 2 weeks or so since it’s dead atm, but a month or so ago there was still enough action to be interesting), Arah, and WvW has kept things fairly interesting for now.

There is definitely sufficient content in the game. I think the problem is that the effort required for content does not match the reward most of the time, so it feels like there is less content for a large number of people (for instance, if any chest should guarantee a rare, it should be the Lupi chest).

Since the second legendary was pretty much on a whim (check that I had over 60% of necessary material, so went ahead and tried to finish it), I don’t think it would have any effect this time around.

TJL

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I’m almost done with mine, and think the way I play will change afterwards. I haven’t finished the main storyline of the game, and I want to do more Wv3.

I don’t think I’ll play less, but it will be a lot more relaxed. Right now I haven’t missed a daily in about 6 weeks – that will certainly change.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Now that I have my Dreamer, I find myself more inclined to explore the rest of the world again, instead of spending all my time in Cursed Shores.

Actually, I should have been grinding CoF.. wow, what a run! The irony is that I have found fun in using a Warrior, so not much Dreamer.

Must be time for a Legendary Greatsword.

Made most of my money flipping minis from the beginning of the game.

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

Just finished my second one 2 days ago. I have the precursors for 2 others but I imagine those being more long-term goals. As of right now, I imagine I’ll still play often, but less than I previously did. There are still plenty of things I want to finish. And I generally enjoy WvW so this update will probably keep me there.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Finishing the legendary did not affect my play at all.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Didn’t affect me. I still love playing, especially now that I can shoot Rainbow Unicorns, I never get tired. Also, now I’m getting some high-end exotics for my second char, so it keeps me in the game. And after the exotics I’m going for a second legendary (for that alt) so I don’t think I will run out of things to do.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)