Question about Goemm's Lab

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dimadar.2908

Dimadar.2908

It seems like the Goemm’s lab jumping puzzle is in stages. I managed to make it to the lighting stage, but I keep falling. Sometimes when I fall it results in a death rather than a return to the golem on the platform to port back to the lighting stage… so I have to start over at the waypoint.

I have been working non-stop on this jumping puzzle since I logged in 7AM yesterday (going on 20 hours straight). When I do die, it sometimes takes me as much as an hour and multiple failed attempts to make back up to the 1st golem to port to the storm level.

Right now I am just exhausted and I cant go no more, but I don’t want to lose where I am. Does the portal attunement reset on server reset? 12 hours into this I was still trying to get past the wind stage (section 1), so I am not sure if a reset took place on me or not. if there is no reset, then I’ll go to bed… but for now I am keeping at it until it resets.. praying I can make it to the end

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It seems like the Goemm’s lab jumping puzzle is in stages. I managed to make it to the lighting stage, but I keep falling. Sometimes when I fall it results in a death rather than a return to the golem on the platform to port back to the lighting stage… so I have to start over at the waypoint.

I have been working non-stop on this jumping puzzle since I logged in 7AM yesterday (going on 20 hours straight). When I do die, it sometimes takes me as much as an hour and multiple failed attempts to make back up to the 1st golem to port to the storm level.

Right now I am just exhausted and I cant go no more, but I don’t want to lose where I am. Does the portal attunement reset on server reset? 12 hours into this I was still trying to get past the wind stage (section 1), so I am not sure if a reset took place on me or not. if there is no reset, then I’ll go to bed… but for now I am keeping at it until it resets.. praying I can make it to the end

From the wiki:

“The Tuned effect lasts 20 minutes and ends if you die or log out but not by falling down.”

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

You should also know (if you don’t know already) that part of the JP has been broken for quite a while now (tree branches were moved apart for some reason and it’s impossible to make the jump). It’s still doable, but you’ll have to jump down instead with the -falling damage trait equipped.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

You should also know (if you don’t know already) that part of the JP has been broken for quite a while now (tree branches were moved apart for some reason and it’s impossible to make the jump). It’s still doable, but you’ll have to jump down instead with the -falling damage trait equipped.

:O

Wow. I did that JP back at the dawn of time, that’s horrible! Is it a known bug?

Ariurotl.3718

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Wow, I just did this puzzle a couple days ago with some guild mates. I wasn’t aware there was a bug attached to it.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Just did it to be sure. That jump is doable, I would say even easy with Swiftness or any of the 25% movement speed signets.

Ariurotl.3718

Just did it to be sure. That jump is doable, I would say even easy with Swiftness or any of the 25% movement speed signets.

They must’ve fixed it since then. Sorry.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

They must’ve fixed it since then. Sorry.

More specifically, I’m not talking about the shortcut. I’m mostly talking about these two jumps:

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/191793/gw123.jpg

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/191795/gw125.jpg

These are most certainly possible without speed boosts and have leeway with increased mobility.

Ariurotl.3718

Yes, I was referring to the second one, hopping from branch to branch. They screwed it up when they were fixing some shortcut, and it definitely wasn’t possible to do that jump back then. So they must’ve fixed it quietly at some point.