Question about Mining pets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Delvianna.8205

Delvianna.8205

So I see stuff up on the BL trading thing like Mine-R-Tron and Thresher-Sickle 5000. I’d like to know, if because those say “any character” that means I can swap them around?

Like If I put it on character 1, and then I decide to play character 2, can I take it off character 1 to give it to character 2? Or does it bind to character 1 only? I remember a year ago or so, someone bought one of these things and it was character bound. I just want to make sure that if I buy it, I put it on the right toon if it does bind to the character instead of account.

Thanks!

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

All unlimited tools can be moved from character to character whenever you want.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yes you can swap them between characters. When the infinite tools first came out they were soul bound. People complained so Anet raised the price a bit and made them account bound.

The Burninator

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

They’re not minis, they’re harvesting tools. They are account bound, which means you can unequip it from one character and give it to another.
They used to be 800 gems when they were soulbound, but ANet made them account bound and raised the price to balance the compromise.

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

If you want to have some nice “win” for paying i recommend you to buy the Watchwork Mining Pick. If you are a serious harvester you can do some nice extra gold pieces a day selling the additional sprockets.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you want to have some nice “win” for paying i recommend you to buy the Watchwork Mining Pick. If you are a serious harvester you can do some nice extra gold pieces a day selling the additional sprockets.

Only farmers are going to make that much. Sprockets run under 2 silver at the moment, so even discounting fees, you’d have to gather 50/day to earn a gold, which means 150 gathering attempts using the tool (approximately sprocket per 3 ‘swings’). That’s ~40+ regular nodes or 15 rich nodes. I almost never do that much mining in a day.

Regardless, the Watchwork tool is the only one that returns any bonus materials, so regardless of your farming, if you don’t care about looks, it’s the most economic choice.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Delvianna.8205

Delvianna.8205

Thanks guys! I can buy it in peace now lol