Question about explorer achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vestar.7293

Vestar.7293

Hi guys!
So, i noticed that i’m near to finish almost all of the explorer achievements, like “Ascalon Explorer”.
I’ve already explored all the world areas, but it always says that i miss one place to explore.
How can i find out which place i’m missing?

(edited by Vestar.7293)

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

It usually comes down to comparing your map to one on the wiki. There are quite a few areas in each region that go completely overlooked because there is no real reason to go to them due to a lack of hearts/skill challanges/PoIs.

Vestar.7293

Thanks for the answer.
However, the problem is that i have the world medal, wich means that i’ve explored all the areas in the world.
If i look at each zone of the world, the game says: 100% complete.
Maybe i didn’t explored an area in a dungeon?
I entered ascalon catacombs and cof to see if i’ve missed something, but, apparently, seems i’ve explored all in there too.

Posted by: Rhianne.4027

Rhianne.4027

World completion and explorer completion are different for some reason. There are areas of maps with no PoIs, hearts, vistas or skill challenges, e.g. Windrock Maze and Lamia Mire in Plains of Ashford. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plains_of_Ashford. You need to have been to these areas for the explorer achievement but not world completion.

Checking through the various areas with nothing in them and trying to match them to fuzzy areas on your map is probably the easiest way to find which ones you’re missing.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find a list of the easily/usually-missed areas for the Exploration Achievement in the Wiki. Less time comparing maps.

Good luck.

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Vestar.7293

Thanks a lot for the infos!!
So, unfortunately i can’t see which specific area i’m missing, but at least, now i know where to look.
It’s gonna take a looooong time

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Shouldn’t take too long. If you use the Bluestone wiki link, simply expand each map of the region and check it against your ingame map. When you uncover an area the name of that area appears on your map.

So for instance, if you are working on your Ascalon Explorer achievement, hit the show button on the wiki for Fireheart Rise. It shows 25 named areas. Now open your ingame map and verify you have all those 25 names on your map. The ones you don’t have you need to discover, click the name of the area on the wiki and it will pull up a map showing just where that area is. Then do the same for the other 6 maps until you have the Explorer achievement for that region.

Have fun with it, there’s some really cool stuff hidden away in those out of the way places. Talk to the NPCs there, there’s tons of lore also.

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Shouldn’t take too long. If you use the Bluestone wiki link, simply expand each map of the region and check it against your ingame map. When you uncover an area the name of that area appears on your map.

So for instance, if you are working on your Ascalon Explorer achievement, hit the show button on the wiki for Fireheart Rise. It shows 25 named areas. Now open your ingame map and verify you have all those 25 names on your map. The ones you don’t have you need to discover, click the name of the area on the wiki and it will pull up a map showing just where that area is. Then do the same for the other 6 maps until you have the Explorer achievement for that region.

Have fun with it, there’s some really cool stuff hidden away in those out of the way places. Talk to the NPCs there, there’s tons of lore also.

^^ This is what I wanted to type but didn’t have time for earlier.

Thanks for picking up my slack Karizee