Question about megaserver (and others)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I had a question about the megaserver. We started off with separate servers. So every now and again there would be guilds with duplicate tags, which was fine, because they were on separate servers. With the new megaserver, are we going to see duplicate tags of those guilds running around, even though they’re not of the same guild? What if someone is being a giant troll and wears the same tag of another guild but isn’t apart of that guild?

Also, looking for a general timeline on when we might see the following things:
1.) New guild missions.
2.) Guild halls.
3.) Trading post improvements.

Thanks!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is already possible to have the same tag as a guild on your server, so if it wasn’t an issue before I don’t really see why it would suddenly become one now.

Since they have not announced any of those three, it is very unlikely that they will have a general (public-ready) timeline.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Stark, I feel like that’s always been a concern. With megaserver, you’re still more likely to be put with servermates than non-servermates, so I think that would help as well.

As far as your timelines…

1) When they’re done
2) When they’re done
3) When they’re done

ArenaNet usually only announces features like this when they’re finished or very, very close to being finished.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I don’t feel it’s been a concern. On Ehmry Bay, people know who the guilds are. Anyone making a duplicate would simply get stamped out. As it stands, there are no duplicate guilds on that server at all.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

As far as I know guild names are unique, but guild tags can be used by multiple people. Why is this a concern? You know who is in your guild because they are displayed in gold rather than green.

If you click on the player trolling, you will see what the full name of the guild is.

As for the other questions, only Anet knows and they will make announcements as they become ready.