Question about mothly Reward!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Q:

currently for completing your monthly you get the regular rewards and this:

Essence of Luck (legendary) Legendary: 500 luck

1) what do you think about this?

2) what if the monthly rewarded 1% account magic find or a essence that levels you 1% in account magic find?

3) if they added 1% mf to the monthly chest only would this be too much (1% mf per month = 120% mf over 10 years time assuming you do monthly every month)

4) little bit more info the luck bar at level 41 takes 490 so up till this point you may get more that one level using current Essence of Luck, but past that it gets higher and they don’t add up to much at higher levels

feel free to share your thoughts on the suggestions or add your own please be constructive and no complaining; good luck and have fun!

(edited by cerberus.1937)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

1% really isn’t going to make a difference, and for a monthly reward, it is pretty lacklustre. I wouldn’t mind 5%, though.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

cerberus.1937

very true that 1% may not seem like much but with what we get now the 500 pts towards luck bar once you pass the level 41 luck rank it doesn’t add up to even 1%; not to mention the higher levels where it might not fill 10% of the bar towards the next 1%.

so that’s why I made it a question some might say 1% is too much, some might say not enough just looking for opinions or ideas

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Current estimates suggest you need 4 million plus EoL to get to 300% so no, they would never grant 1%. 300% MF is a very, very long range goal that will flush of the world of blue/green items while flooding the kittens mat supply making more items than silk worthless as an investment.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I don’t think they should do it.

Because let’s be honest, it’s supposed to be difficult. I would wager that by the time anyone gets to 200%, that 1% from the monthly would be a significant majority of what they’d be getting, simply because the cost for going further would be quite high.

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I like your idea of making a +1% MF for the monthly (and I would prefer that over 500 luck), but I already see the flaw. People will hoard them until they have enough for their final %’s.

If what people are saying is true, it’ll take ~4.2 mil luck to max MF. (500 for a monthly and 50 for a daily, is already pointless at 55%). Nothing will stop people from hoarding the +1% items for the next, say, 10 months. Maybe by then they have reached 280% or 290%, and then they get a free ride up to 300% where those last levels will take an insane amount of luck to get even +1%.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I like your idea of making a +1% MF for the monthly (and I would prefer that over 500 luck), but I already see the flaw. People will hoard them until they have enough for their final %’s.

That’s because the awarded luck is a consumable. It would work well if the 1% MF was added to the account directly upon completing the monthly achievement.

cerberus.1937

So taking that new idea and making the monthly just give 1% auto account mf on completion so people cant save them for last levels does that seem more fair or still too much/too little?

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So taking that new idea and making the monthly just give 1% auto account mf on completion so people cant save them for last levels does that seem more fair or still too much/too little?

It might be not too much right now, but a month or two from now, it sure as heck would be a ton.

So adding the +1% monthly would be like ANet saying “Yeah, spend this month spamming Masterworks so that you can maximize the benefit for your monthly next month”.

cerberus.1937

It might be not too much right now, but a month or two from now, it sure as heck would be a ton.

So adding the +1% monthly would be like ANet saying “Yeah, spend this month spamming Masterworks so that you can maximize the benefit for your monthly next month”.

well always looking for ideas so if you think 1% is too much, then do you agree with monthly not amounting to anything even in low 100%, how would you change it or would you even change it?

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Making the 1% automatically count towards your luck upon completion of the monthly would eliminate hoarding and give something to look forward to, once you are in the 200%s…not such a bad idea IMO

cerberus.1937

some people might like the 1% auto on monthly some may think its too much. How would you change this or would you even change it.

example for monthly you get 500pts toward account luck 500pts= less than 50 blue salvages with worst possible luck (50 10pt essences assuming you don’t get 2 for 1 salvage)

at level 100 you need 4080 for 1% mf so 500 would be 1/8 bar and it keep going up so your not even 1/3 way to max increasing each level

also you can only get 1 per month so if you spend a lot of gold or farm a lot you have to wait till next month to get another reward. keeping this in mind it would be greater the higher you are, but you have to get that high some way and 1% may indeed be too much so share your thoughts