Question about the Raptor/other mounts speed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blazeken.7498

Blazeken.7498

Hello
I didn’t found the direct answer about this anywhere;
I use travel toys: no speedboost but the animation gives the “sense of speed”, and felt the same thing on the raptor (don’t count the speedboost after the jump).
The mounts indeed have a speedboost and my judgment uses the brain stock footage of travel toys or both have the same “mechanics”?
I said “mounts don’t have speedboost” on chat before the demo and was equivalent of a heresy on Warhammer 40k

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Umm… Sorry, what was the question? I see the question mark, but I do not follow.

Blazeken.7498

Umm… Sorry, what was the question? I see the question mark, but I do not follow.

… The Raptor/PoF mounts have a speedboost(without swiftness boon or any other speedboost) or uses the same mechanic of travel toys(no speedboost but a movement animation that gives the sense of speed, like a Asura running)?

Posted by: Oblivion.9032

Oblivion.9032

He’s asking whether the mounts actually increase speed or whether it’s just an illusion of speed.

If you play as an Asura, there’s an illusion that makes it seem like the Asura runs faster than the tallest Norn. I don’t know the answer to this question because I don’t know anyone who has tested it yet, but I’m assuming mounts DO increase speed.

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Okay, I think I understand. The mount ARE in fact going faster, even while not using the jump boost. Run alongside other players who aren’t mounted and the difference becomes clear.

That said, it’s not a TON faster (to where running on foot feels awful), but it is noticeable.

EDIT: This is only speaking of the raptor. Other mounts may have different speeds.

(edited by JackOfAllGames.2409)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I wanted to test this out myself, so when my friend was mounted, I ran alongside on my Asura. He left me in the dust quite quickly.

Thus, the Raptors do travel faster. Also, in the Dev interviews (see the Partner participant videos), the Devs stated all Mounts had speed boosts.

Blazeken.7498

Well, the Asura animation was more a example of “movement animation” >.<

My question is related more to travel items and the mounts :~

Looking at the scenario using the Raptor gave me the same “speed feel” that my Sonic Tunneling Tool, even tested with and without speed signet just in case.
Sometimes players ask me about the STT, because the speed looks different, GW2 “have” this “speed boost from animations”, and since the mounts focus is more the skills and perks, I wanna know if uses the same “thing” that STT (The riding broom don’t give me the same vibe lol or generates the questions)

The Raptor have a “slow to fast” movement mode, when you mount, he is “slow”, “double jumps” then the animation changes for fast paced legs, but even in this moments, looking at me felt “faster” but the scenario had the same “speed feel” from STT.

so much look here and there, so many quotes