Question about the new elite specs of PoF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Hey,
I was wondering if the elite specs of PoF are using the same hero points that the core game and HoT are using and not a different system.
Also do I need to max the first elite spec in order to get the new one?

If any dev can answer that please do I will appreciate it alot:)
thanks.

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

I’m pretty sure they use the same hero points it would make no sense if they didn’t and likely you wont have to unlock the other mastery for it due to the fact Anet basically just nerfed all the HoT elites to sell the PoF ones. And to force people to max out the HoT one after nerfing them would be way too much pain to push on there player base at once.

Business is business but geez if they did that a good bit of me and my friends/guild would leave the game just out protest and im pretty sure people at anet know this at least the people who play there own game do.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

All hero points, regardless of where they are earned, go into the same pool. They are then spent from that pool to unlock trait lines (including the elite spec line).

If you have leftover HoT and core hero points, you will be able to start spending them on day one of PoF (though it will be unlikely that you will have enough to complete the new elite spec without getting some additional PoF hero points, if you have already unlocked the HoT elite).

You will be able to own PoF without owning HoT, so the HoT elite will NOT be required to unlock the PoF elite.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Good to hear,
I was wondering if to open a new character and use the booster or not.