Question about "unknown" location in guild

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

So, I have heard that if guild window says a player is at location “unknown” they haven’t played in a long time. But I’m wondering about something more. I just kicked a few inactives a while ago and I noticed something odd; there is at least 1 remaining person in my guild that is at unknown location but also does not appear on my guild page of the AP leaderboard. So what I would like to know is, is my assumption that the fact that they do not show on AP leaderboard means they have not logged in since before leaderboard came online correct?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Unknown on your guild roster would indicate they have not logged in since the last patch (the last one was on April 1st), not appearing on the AP leaderboard may or may not indicate anything (there was some recent bugginess with the AP leaderboard and guilds).

The Ice Mage.4879

Unknown on your guild roster would indicate they have not logged in since the last patch (the last one was on April 1st), not appearing on the AP leaderboard may or may not indicate anything (there was some recent bugginess with the AP leaderboard and guilds).

Yeah, I know the leaderboards have been far from perfect (as regards working as expected), from sometimes struggling to load larger guild pages to not showing correct time zone on my desktop but managing on my laptop… I haven’t checked thoroughly back and forth between the game and leaderboard for all the members but it does seem suspicious that just 2 (at the least) people are not appearing on the page.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am not sure that ‘unknown’ only means they haven’t logged in since the last patch, as I have people in my guild that show they are in the Tower of Nightmares. Obviously, they haven’t logged in in quite some time.

I don’t know if they ever fixed it, but people who have/were logged into Guild Wars (One) also showed up as unknown on the Guild list.

The Ice Mage.4879

I am not sure that ‘unknown’ only means they haven’t logged in since the last patch, as I have people in my guild that show they are in the Tower of Nightmares. Obviously, they haven’t logged in in quite some time.

I don’t know if they ever fixed it, but people who have/were logged into Guild Wars (One) also showed up as unknown on the Guild list.

Really? I thought that stuff on the wiki talk page was just a joke.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, really. =)