Question abt legendary armor from a wvwer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Allen.1620

Allen.1620

Thought we wont have to do what we don’t wanna do in GW2, i been playing 1702 days, only did fractral when it was released and it immensely bored me, never tried raid.

Now i wonder how can i get legendary armor? why are we forced to do raid to get them, before i brought the game it was said and emphasized that in here we will do what we like to do nothing will be forced.

I have gold can get more at will, have 2k laurels , need a way to get legendary weapons and armors through wvw. I will NOT do raid or fractral they are just lame.

Or the promise we had before buying GW2 4 years back was fake ? That we will do what we like to do and get same result in game, no one will get advantage.

Make it cost 20k gold 2k laurels for wvwers or something but we sud be able to get em asap.

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

need more ways to get best gear. the current rate things are going is everything is being raid locked.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may have confused ‘earn XP to level’ with ‘do anything you like to gain every reward’.

There may be other ways to earn mode-specific (now) rewards in the future.

Good luck.

Allen.1620

well even if in raid the thinking of doing it once a week and keep doin it for 25 weeks makes me feel sick, and yea they did say , u can get gears doing what u like to do,

else i wud like for them to make legy armor have same stat as asc gears, then i wont mind, i AINT GONNA do raid, fun in killing AI < real players

(edited by Allen.1620)

Posted by: Oneira.7691

Oneira.7691

Legendary gear is supposed to be legendary. It should be very hard to get shouldn’t it?

I certainly agree that raids shouldn’t be the only way to get it, but there’s always spending a crap-ton to craft it.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Legendary gear is supposed to be legendary. It should be very hard to get shouldn’t it?

I certainly agree that raids shouldn’t be the only way to get it, but there’s always spending a crap-ton to craft it.

It costs a crap-ton to craft it even if you did raids.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Allen.1620

yes it sud be hard raiders sud get it faster than us, but i need to able to get them also, thats all, old legy i have 5 but these collection things i cant make em cas i have to do fractral.

That is why i said make it cost 1k laurels, stocking up 1k laurels will take way more than 25 weeks and atm Laurels have no significance, you can just farm new maps to get asc trinkets.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Thought we wont have to do what we don’t wanna do in GW2, i been playing 1702 days, only did fractral when it was released and it immensely bored me, never tried raid.

Now i wonder how can i get legendary armor? why are we forced to do raid to get them, before i brought the game it was said and emphasized that in here we will do what we like to do nothing will be forced.

I have gold can get more at will, have 2k laurels , need a way to get legendary weapons and armors through wvw. I will NOT do raid or fractral they are just lame.

Or the promise we had before buying GW2 4 years back was fake ? That we will do what we like to do and get same result in game, no one will get advantage.

Make it cost 20k gold 2k laurels for wvwers or something but we sud be able to get em asap.

Specific rewards tied to specific content have been a part of the game since launch. Also, no one is forcing anyone to do anything in GW2. Not being “forced to do things” was never meant to include optional rewards like skins. That bit of hype — however it was worded — was about the endless gear tier chase without which one could not keep up in other MMO’s.

That said, I think Legendary items as the biggest endgame goal should have had multiple paths to acquisition. Just as Dungeon skins later appeared in PvP/WvW reward tracks, there should be methods to gain the ultimate goal in the endgame without going into niche content.

Allen.1620

well they have better stat if it is only cosmetic then i had nothin to say, if they do it like this- once u enter wvw your legy armor will have same stat as asc armor, then i have nothin to complain.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

well they have better stat if it is only cosmetic then i had nothin to say, if they do it like this- once u enter wvw your legy armor will have same stat as asc armor, then i have nothin to complain.

Both before and after you enter wvw, legendary armor will have the same stats as ascended armor.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

All Legendaries have the same stats as Ascended. Armor is no different.

Thus, your worries can be assuaged.

Good luck.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Were have all these people got the idea that legendary armor would have higher stats then ascended.
This is the second thread in a short while were people think it will be stronger.

Have they not seen the zero differance bettwen legendary weapons and ascended weapons?

Allen.1620

ok my bad i thought unlike legy weapons, armors be different stat, then idc, i wud delete the post but still , there should be some other way to acquire the armor.

Linken.6345

ok my bad i thought unlike legy weapons, armors be different stat, then idc, i wud delete the post but still , there should be some other way to acquire the armor.

Yes many have been saying that since anet released the info it would be hidden behind raids.

I would go so far to being able to craft those blank legendarys they talked about when spitballing ideas how to craft 2 of the same legendary if you wanted main hand off hand weapon.

So pure crafting it or wvw for it or spvping for it you would get the stat swap ability but not the exclusive raid skin.

Then they can add in skins for the other modes later and have them all in by roughly 2024

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

If difficulty is an issue, perhaps do something like T3 enemy garrision or ebg keep will give you the special token for legendary gear?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Look at this way

Legendary weapons -PVE
Legendary Backpack -PvP/Fractals
Legendary Armor – Raids

What Legendary can the WvW Players get you might be thinking?
Well the answer is about as much as Anet cares about WvW these days

Raids shouldn’t be the only source of legendary armor and it should have been given to WvW players too. Not to give WvW a legendary to work towards which it desperately needs but like the legendary backpack it spreads out the reward. Legendary armor is the big bad reward for raids and there are no doubt people right now who don’t like raids and are only chasing that carrot on a stick. The carrot is so big and so focused in that single mode that the second people get it they’ll start bailing on raids. Armor isn’t weapons as your main toon will ever need one set of legendary armor what are they possibly going to give to loot chasers after the armor?

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

How can I get legendary armor from roleplaying in Divinity’s Reach? I should be able to get all legendary equipment from roleplaying.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

need more ways to get best gear. the current rate things are going is everything is being raid locked.

“everything” LUL

zealex.9410

Absolutelly agree legendary armor eeds to come to other places. And not the same set but diff sets each on the theme of the place of which you take it from (fractals pvp wvw etc). And ofc wvw os the mode that should get it first after raids.

zealex.9410

Look at this way

Legendary weapons -PVE
Legendary Armor – Raids

Raids shouldn’t be the only source of legendary armor and it should have been given to WvW players too. Not to give WvW a legendary to work towards which it desperately needs but like the legendary backpack it spreads out the reward. Legendary armor is the big bad reward for raids and there are no doubt people right now who don’t like raids and are only chasing that carrot on a stick. The carrot is so big and so focused in that single mode that the second people get it they’ll start bailing on raids. Armor isn’t weapons as your main toon will ever need one set of legendary armor what are they possibly going to give to loot chasers after the armor?

gift of battle hue hue

Doam.8305

Look at this way

Legendary weapons -PVE
Legendary Armor – Raids

gift of battle hue hue

Well it is purple but it’s a mat your not gonna equipt a mat. That’s like saying the backpacks are PVE rewards because they use PVE only mats and need PVE crafting. No doubt legendary armor will need PVE input too and people aren’t changing their tune that all these things are mode specific rewards. We don’t count legendary weapons for dungeons either even though we need tokens. WVW could reward a legendary ring or even a legendary aquabreather and it would be fine but for now they have nothing.

But hey if you really think gift of battle is on par with the legendary rewards in the other modes go make a post on the WVW forums about it and see how that goes.

zealex.9410

What im saying you knowledgeable person is that legendary qeapons require you to do stuff in many parts of the game saying they are pve is a sign of ignorance. Idk you can show me how to make a leggie without running wvw id apreciate it ^^

Inculpatus cedo.9234

“Big Spender” in the Guild Hall. ^

Doam.8305

What im saying you knowledgeable person is that legendary qeapons require you to do stuff in many parts of the game saying they are pve is a sign of ignorance. Idk you can show me how to make a leggie without running wvw id apreciate it ^^

The same way you make the precursor(Legendary) armor without doing PVE jumping puzzles

Yet oddly enough people still think legendary armor is a reward for raids maybe you should tell them that its not a raid exclusive reward because you have to do so many events around the world to gather mats.

zealex.9410

The same way you make the precursor(Legendary) armor without doing PVE jumping puzzles

Yet oddly enough people still think legendary armor is a reward for raids maybe you should tell them that its not a raid exclusive reward because you have to do so many events around the world to gather mats.

so if i dont touch raids will i be able to get that legendary armor?

Linken.6345

Look at this way

Legendary weapons -PVE
Legendary Armor – Raids

Obviously raiders will want, accessories, backpack, thier own gen 3 legendary weapons and when the underwater raid comes the first ever legendary breather all locked behind raids becouse its hardest content. ( But its not hard tho anyone can do it is whats said when people complain about it)