Question for the Devs: Tengu city west of LA?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Numlot.4598

Numlot.4598

Ever since I started playing gw2 I have marveled at the giant land bridge connecting “Tenguville” to the Caledon forest. Are there currently any plans for opening it to the players?
Is there any info about it already? I’ve mostly just seen speculation about its being a starting area for a new playable race. Honestly I would like to see it be an endgame area where players get to end the existence of Tengu in a bloody coup.

Posted by: Nokomis.5076

Nokomis.5076

Sure, kill a species which is at peace for 259 years now just because of why not?

Oh I know the “because”. Because humans are stupid and attack everything native without a reason but sole greed.

Please go play something else or at least read the lore of Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Sure, kill a species which is at peace for 259 years now just because of why not?

Oh I know the “because”. Because humans are stupid and attack everything native without a reason but sole greed.

Wat?

Dragonbrand

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Wat?

Did you read the main post? thats literally what the OP wants.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well, they were kind of kittens during Battle for LA. If you went to the Tengu side of old LA’s wall they would shoot at you and kill you. lol.

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

Firstly, why do all of the Tengu sound like George Takei and secondly if and when the Tengu are re-introduced we have three points where they can be interacted with – I am referring of course to entrances/exits to their territory in Lion’s Arch; in a coastal village (where the wizards castle floats) and of course in the jungle lands of the Sylvari. The Tengu seem enlightened, somewhat militaristic in their manner and open to contact only on their terms and thus are isolationists. I would imagine a avian species would have high places with homes set far above the ground – would be protective of their eggs (young) and distrust anything which was not naturally flight capable.

And given the average Tyrian is essentially a psychopath – whether intentionally or by cause of environment – they have reason to suspect and be cautious of outsiders. If I was Tengu, I would not trust anyone – especially those maniacs in Lion’s Arch. If anything the Tengu have the potential to be invaders – we know nothing of their military capabilities; we know nothing of their culture (beyond the lore). Whose to say Tyria is not about to be the scene of a massive all-powerful all-out Tengu invasion!