Question for those doing beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I didn’t go into the new map because I’m behind in the story and don’t want any spoilers at all about the story so I thought I’d come on here and ask.

The only two new elite specs I planned on playing are very heavy melee focused. I was just curious with what was seen is this more melee friendly then HoT? I found hot extremely brutal going melee and had to range alot which I really do not enjoy and with the new elite specs I want being melee kinda worries me.

From your experience so far did you find any severe issues with melee or has it been very doable so far?

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

So far I have found Melee combat to be completely acceptable. I rather wonder if the likes of The Forged will be made more difficult by release though as they seem like pushovers. The trout are pretty punishing in melee but that’s all that sticks out for now.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I have found condi builds more usable in PoF so far. The enemies in beta area, even the veterans and champs, are all killable. Some feature Fire area I think, that would apply constant Burn for anyone at melee range but nothing like horrors Verdant Brink had. The beta area does not remind me of HoT at all, to be honest, just normal core game map.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I would say you can melee all mobs no problem and they’re not as difficult as I remember HoT once was (with the exception of one bounty champion). However, you will need to know when to dodge or run away to avoid some special attacks. This is where a ranged skill or good condition damage will benefit because you can still be effective while you’re getting out of harms way. IMO you should have at least one ranged and one melee weapon on you at all times to balance out your combat, otherwise the fights could drag on.